• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens vs Bath

Well a lot of praise has to go to the defensive presence which Sarries gave us today, they played out of there skins, Bath just didn't seem to perform on the day, they conceded far too many penalties and let their concentration slip, when they loss Butch James to an early injury, although none of this should take anything away from Sarries...

I look forward to their visit to the rec this year, because if the game was as half as enjoyable to watch this one, it will be a cracker.

Well Done Sarries... Unlucky Bath...

Well a lot of praise has to go to the defensive presence which Sarries gave us today, they played out of there skins, Bath just didn't seem to perform on the day, they conceded far too many penalties and let their concentration slip, when they loss Butch James to an early injury, although none of this should take anything away from Sarries...

I look forward to their visit to the rec this year, because if the game was as half as enjoyable to watch this one, it will be a cracker.

Well Done Sarries... Unlucky Bath... [/b]

Yes, a very good game, good tries by Bath who were always enterprising for most of the 80 minutes.

Absolutely top marks to Andy Farrell who continued to play on for twenty to thirty minutes despite popping a rib (which has since been popped back in again).

Its gonna be an interesting run in to the end of the season, with several clubs contending for the top 4 places and the chance to go the Guinness Premiership Final...

On Butch James's injury it looks likely he will be on the sidelines for a while as he had a shoulder displacement, the only thing we are able to do at the moment is wait for news and the injury to settle down in the next couple of days... A Huge Blow for Bath...

I must admit I was surprised at how well Farrell played, now the hype has died down he is able to concentrate on his game which is helping him, also the experience of European Rugby Seems to be doing him well...

To be honest, he's quite settled with the fact that he's not going to be back in the England set up and now Saracens are trying (in their own round-a-bout way) to challenge in the upper echelons, he'd rather focus on Saracens than be sitting on the bench for England I guess. On a team level, he works really well with new guy Adam Powell and loves being a battering ram most times. This does, however, make everyone beg the question: why the hell isn't he a flanker/number 8?!

Bad break for James, he had his hands firmly on the rudder for Bath until he injured himself so a big loss for Bath. Never nice to see someone get injured like that.

He came into the England Setup to fast and people expected him to be the saviour of English Rugby, which there was no way he could be, its very difficult to settle so fast into the game, after playing a totally different style of play for majority of your career...

As for Butch, he just scored a beautiful try and got injured in the process there was really no way that it could of been avoided... I hope he is back fit soon, Bath will miss him...

Bath will miss Butch James, him and Barkley seemed to be working well together. Barkley had a stinker with the boot today.

After watching Vickery live on Saturday and Stevens on Tv sunday I cant understand how Vickery has been selected to be captain of England. If all is fair it should be down to form. Stevens averages 9 carries per game , that is huge for a prop. Its only a matter of time before he replaces Vickery.

Stephens is consistently the better prop, it is because Vickery plays for Wasps, I can honestly think of no other reason, if you were to have Sheridan and Stephens as your props you would probably be averaging 16 Carries per game, from your props...

It is a joke how Vickery can walk into the squad...

Stephens is consistently the better prop, it is because Vickery plays for Wasps, I can honestly think of no other reason, if you were to have Sheridan and Stephens as your props you would probably be averaging 16 Carries per game, from your props...

It is a joke how Vickery can walk into the squad... [/b]

It's because Vickery is a decent player (formerly great) and is a decent captain. If Vickery wasn't there who would be captain??? I can think of noone in the England squad aside from Sheridan (and maybe Shaw) who has shown in an England jersey that they and only they should start in that position. Who else would you have as Captain? I completely agree Stevens is the better prop, but who would we select as captain? Alternatives include Tindall, wilko and who else????

<div class='quotemain'> Stephens is consistently the better prop, it is because Vickery plays for Wasps, I can honestly think of no other reason, if you were to have Sheridan and Stephens as your props you would probably be averaging 16 Carries per game, from your props...

It is a joke how Vickery can walk into the squad... [/b]

It's because Vickery is a decent player (formerly great) and is a decent captain. If Vickery wasn't there who would be captain??? I can think of noone in the England squad aside from Sheridan (and maybe Shaw) who has shown in an England jersey that they and only they should start in that position. Who else would you have as Captain? I completely agree Stevens is the better prop, but who would we select as captain? Alternatives include Tindall, wilko and who else????

[/b][/quote]

I honestly don't feel someones post as captain should be enough to stop someone who is on form from playing... There are plenty of players who would be a better captain than what Vickery is...

When England were humiliated by South Africa, he sat there in complete silence, a Captain should of kicked off and started shouting and scaring the players... Like Johnson did....

I would pick Simon Shaw, Or Mark Regan as the Captain or Andrew Sheridan...

Latest posts