• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland 'A' vs Ireland Wolfhounds

Does anyone know if this game will be available to watch online or on TV and what channel/website will it be on?

SCOTLAND 'A' 32 O2 IRELAND WOLFHOUNDS 13, Netherdale, 7.30pm
Scorers: Scotland 'A': Tries: Moray Low, Hefin O'Hare; Cons: David Blair 2; Pens: David Blair 6
O2 Ireland Wolfhounds: Try: Willie Faloon; Con: Ian Humphreys; Pens: Ian Humphreys 2

o2 Ireland Wolfhounds. What a glorious name

Great win for Scotland A who put out a good experienced team. It was good to for us to get so many young players in the squad but we will have to up our game for England. Shame it wasn't on TV as now we can't see who played well and who played poorly.

I hear Ireland played well in the first half but in the second half Scotland changed tactics and used some experience to slow the ball the ball down and do it out. Glad to hear we had a good first half and tried to play abit of rugby but credit to Scotland who turned things around.

Good win for Scotland

Can't help but feel that their 'A' team had a few too many of their main squad players in though :p
I know it's only 2 or 3, but it should be 0 - an 'A; team should be a development side/a chance to try players at a step above club level
Beattie and Low will probably start against France next week, yet played in the victory
Don't see the Saxons thinking "hmm, Italy 'A's front row is looking tough, lets just send Dan Cole to play against them" etc.

Good win for Scotland

Can't help but feel that their 'A' team had a few too many of their main squad players in though :p
I know it's only 2 or 3, but it should be 0 - an 'A; team should be a development side/a chance to try players at a step above club level
Beattie and Low will probably start against France next week, yet played in the victory
Don't see the Saxons thinking "hmm, Italy 'A's front row is looking tough, lets just send Dan Cole to play against them" etc.

I agree. Although we lost I think we will have learned more considering the amount of players making their debut. I think Scotland were very much focused on getting the win no matter how while Ireland were willing to play creative rugby and test some new guys(whether that's good or bad is another question).

an 'A; team should be a development side/a chance to try players at a step above club level
I agree with the first part, an A team is about developing talent rather than sticking in old war horses to try secure a victory.

I disagree on the second part though. Magners League, Top 14, Aviva Premiership and especially Heineken Cup is a level above mid-season A international rugby where teams are cobbled together for one off fixtures.

From Ireland's perspective, it was nice to see some youngsters get a run out since it shows they're somewhere in Declan Kidney's thoughts long term and it was useful for players like Gavin Duffy to get 80 minutes under his belt ahead of a possible 6 Nations start next week. The result really doesn't matter- I care far more about how Leinster will fare over the coming weeks than I do about the o2 Ireland Wolfhounds (TM).

I disagree on the second part though. Magners League, Top 14, Aviva Premiership and especially Heineken Cup is a level above mid-season A international rugby where teams are cobbled together for one off fixtures.
Aye, I completely agree, I just couldn't think of what I was trying to say :lol:

Like I say it would be easier to analyse the game if we had actually seen it but seeing as the result doesn't really affect anything its hard to no what positives and negatives to take away from it. Anyway one thing this should do id make Kidneys job easier as surely no-one really put their hand up for international selection. From what I hear Buckley was anonymous (Sound like a certain Mr Hayes to me) and Duffy was quite good. That in my opinion is not enough to earn a call up. I also hear Boss played well when coming as the game became more forward based and tight.

Good win for Scotland

I think Beattie played because he needed the game time, but by the another posters comments, you may correct in that Low may start against France

Good result for the team, scored a couple of tries too!

Ye I heard Beattie started to get game time due to his injury and a mix up in admin which kept him out of the H-cup.

How did the Irish scrum go? here's hoping it was awful and that's the last we'll see of Buckle.

I actually now hear Buckley played quite. He apparently forced Scotland A to take off their loosehead in around the 25th minute and had a nice offload for the try. However he was taken of a halftime for an apparent tight hamstring. Whether this is to preserve him the Italy is another matter.

I actually think this is a pretty terrible result. I thought we had more depth than this...

Latest posts