• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

I actually thought that was a btter match than Wales-Ireland. I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't the best game in the world. Scotland where marginally the better team.

Thats right.

Scotland were the better team.

The team which missed a few penalties. The team that only wanted to score with penalties. The team that couldn't do a scrum. The team that time wasted at the end. The team who thought they were going to win but actually proved they weren't good enough. Yeah, that team was the best.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Mar 13 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats right.

The team which missed a few penalties. The team that only wanted to score with penalties. The team that couldn't do a scrum. The team that time wasted at the end. The team who thought they were going to win but actually proved they weren't good enough. Yeah, that team was the best.....[/b]
Because Jonny Wilkinson and his plucky bunch looooooooooooooooove tries, don't they? Especially last Autumn. Oh, and scrummaging, too. Any team that picked a Wilson-Hartyely-Paine front row is a side who 100% understand scrummaging.

Thought I'd mention Flood's faultless kicknig and perfect drop-goal at the end... Phwoar, what injustice! I take it back!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any team that picked a Wilson-Hartyely-Paine front row is a side who 100% understand scrummaging.[/b]
You're a prop, right? So how do you analyse them as a front row? And how do Cole and Thomson improve things?

Scotland made a big mistake taking Cussiter off - his replacement screwed up their best attack (when Parkes ended up chipping over to the right wing second half) and sent out some pisspoor passes.

The depressing thing is, England can't beat France, therefore Ireland can't win the championship.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 14 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 14 2010, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any team that picked a Wilson-Hartyely-Paine front row is a side who 100% understand scrummaging.[/b]
You're a prop, right? So how do you analyse them as a front row? And how do Cole and Thomson improve things?

Scotland made a big mistake taking Cussiter off - his replacement screwed up their best attack (when Parkes ended up chipping over to the right wing second half) and sent out some pisspoor passes.

The depressing thing is, England can't beat France, therefore Ireland can't win the championship.
[/b][/quote]

I still wouldn't rule out a win in Paris for England, the French brain implodes when ever they see that white jersey for some reason.

Where are Scotland playing Ireland?
I wouldn't put it past Scotland to pull it out of the bag against them, at home.
EDIT: Ah, Croke Park. Ireland will win that then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Mar 13 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats right.

The team which missed a few penalties. The team that only wanted to score with penalties. The team that couldn't do a scrum. The team that time wasted at the end. The team who thought they were going to win but actually proved they weren't good enough. Yeah, that team was the best.....[/b]

Are you being sarcastic??? I think you are!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The All Whites @ Mar 13 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who wanted Flood in for Wilkinson? Yeah great call dumbasses.[/b]
Were you watching todays game?
Flood outplayed Wilkinson in all aspects apart from penalties (which is debatable as Wilkinsons been average at best at that recently, and probably would've missed the two kicks Flood missed). The dropgoal, Wilkinsons missed quite a few this 6N, and Scotland were expecting it so charged it down pretty sharpish, so there's no way of knowing if it would've gone over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 13 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The All Whites @ Mar 13 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who wanted Flood in for Wilkinson? Yeah great call dumbasses.[/b]
Were you watching todays game?
Flood outplayed Wilkinson in all aspects apart from penalties (which is debatable as Wilkinsons been average at best at that recently, and probably would've missed the two kicks Flood missed). The dropgoal, Wilkinsons missed quite a few this 6N, and Scotland were expecting it so charged it down pretty sharpish, so there's no way of knowing if it would've gone over.
[/b][/quote]
I wanted to say all that, but didn't know if I was right. I now feel vindicated :p

Flood is rubbish. You are fooling yourselves. Cipriani is the only capable player in that position for England, so I'm glad he's off to wherever.

Another "top level" game and no tries. The skill levels are abysmal.

It would be better to have a goal kicking competition first to decide the winner.
If that was draw then thy would be forced to play a game of rugby. That way it would reduce 90% of the boredom.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 13 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:lol: :lol: 606 is thataway ;)[/b]

606h.jpg

Can you believe English were thinking a slam was possible after first 2 games :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness Italy should have done job on them too :p

I just so depressed after watching that .... it an insult that England play such a negative game they just want to win every game 3-0 if possible.
France will win in Paris now (Bullit will you agree with me :p )

Can you believe that Munstermuffin believed that there was an England fan worth his salt on here that believed that England could get a grand slam?!

I love how imaginative the Irish and Welsh can get when England win a game.

Imaginative?
If i do rightly recall, you're the one who sat there - beaming in a drunken delight - after the Wales England game and thought England actually performed well!

i'd like to say unlucky Scotland you are definately improving. as far as Englands concerned i cant believe how poor we have been for soo long. As much as i respect Johnson as a player he's not right as a coach. can you remember the last time we played flowing rugby? can you remember the last time the players actually gave the number 10 some decent options? If things carry on as they are the world cup will be so embarressing for us. Can anyone see any light out there?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Mar 14 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Imaginative?
If i do rightly recall, you're the one who sat there - beaming in a drunken delight - after the Wales England game and thought England actually performed well![/b]

And rightly so but did I say categorically "we're on for the grand slam lads! Today Wales! Tomorrow THE WORLD!" ???

More to the point, after we lumbered over Italy out of breath did we all then say "WOW! What a game! France watch out 'cause that Grand Slam is ours!" ???

I think not.

Wake up lads, put the completely out of date English boogy man (complete with top hat, curly moustache and "NYA HA HA HAAAA!" evil laugh when you press its belly) away and realise that the reality is far more depressing and, well, boring.

I mean, when was the last time you ever saw either myself or Bullit be upbeat or positive about anything when it comes to England?

EDIT: Also, you guys can't crow because Wales spent the best part of 80 minutes having Scotland kick the crap out of you and then after Scotland gift you the game suddenly its the best comeback ever.

Further EDIT: Also, the last time England played anything approaching flowing rugby was when England beat France last year. I believe that was when Brian Smith was allowed free reign by Martin Johnson. Sadly neither Johnson nor John Wells were impressed with this whole "run the opposition off the park, score 20 tries and win by a bazillion points" game plan so they immediately locked Brian Smith in a broom cupboard where he's been ever since.

Latest posts