• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Screenshots

Originally posted by spearman@Dec 6 2005, 04:43 AM
When I open the link to enlarge the screenshots they don't work...anyone know how to fix this?
If your running Firefox, undo popup blocker in the bottom left hand corner.

Here are the screens anyway if it doesnt work:

rugby12zx.jpg

rugby22pl.jpg

rugby32zp.jpg

rugby44mj.jpg

rugby53rl.jpg

rugby64sy.jpg

rugby88zr.jpg

rugby71mv.jpg

rugby106xy.jpg

rugby99ik.jpg

cant wait for this game, everything i have been yearning for has been added....offloads, quick throw ins, quick taps, more plays, impact players and macaw with his socks round his ankles!!...omg, cant wait for this game!!!

nice screenshots indeed but I don't think the gameplay will live up to the level of the graphics.

god look at henson - he looks all most life like, that same droopy looking face.

excellent graphics

this is brilliant, we wait years for rugby games, and now we have two coming out in the same month.

Looks ok. Has ok features.

Not exciting me too much though.

Hopefully since they already had ok graphics and game modes they've been able too work mostly on gameplay this time round.

I've gotta say though, I think RL2 will still be better. The only thing wrong with it being that it's league.

well they have added a whole of new feature for this version but I still think the development cycle is too short for any big changes to the basic gameplay. I hope I am wrong though and that this game is good.

whislt it looks mad like cricket 2005 does under lights

Some of the still shots indicate the same animations are back

I see twitch out running styles again aswell

Not getting into this

RL2 will be better.........

but you can really see EA take a strangle hold on this market

They have already dished out some screenies, which look sublime

People will already be aware of this around the world where RC2006 isnt

It looks great, i just hope EA address gameplay issues

Remeber the only sports games on the market that EA lead in gameplay is
Tiger Woods and Fight Night..............where competitors are extinct

The rest of their ***les, have 2k sports killing them, or PES....even on the 360...2k sports is all over EA.

the markets brainwashed

wow looks pretty sweet, im really excited now, its the only game they sell here in america, but man does it look good!

dc...

i also like the way EA took into account the differenc between the tight jerseys and the looser ones, check it out, ireland vs england look at the tightness difference...

dc...

ha ha ha - nice one - shane knows how too sidestep unlike your pommie team.

from the screenshots...the game looks pretty much the same as R 05.
only difference i see is that there is night matches in telstra stadium and tight jerseys.
they havent updated telstra stadium.
also looks like the sidestep animation from R 05 is used again..hopefully now it works more often.
so yeah..nothing much new in the graphical side of things...
some of the features sound pretty cool..like the Impact player, offloads, quick penalities and lineouts...hopefully they are implemented well

i cant wait

imagine this

new zealand vs south africa

carter breaking through a gap, getting dragged down, but offloading to umaga to lobs it out to the rocket man, who then persists to sidestep percy and score under the sticks

wales vs england
shane williams takes a quick line out and sidesteps his way through the fat and unfit english team

ireland vs new zealand
o'driscoll - the impact player - get taken out by an illegal tackle by tana umaga - however umaga goes unpunished.

Originally posted by nik@Dec 5 2005, 10:56 PM
from the screenshots...the game looks pretty much the same as R 05.
I was thinking it's had the sort of leap fifa 06 had over 05 to be honest.

Well it was never gonna improve that much, lets be honest was the graphics te thing wrong with 05? Not really they were fine. I think the screens look good tbh. Crowd looks a lot better and no cutoffs

Nice graphics, but not too much different to 05... hopefully we'll get some better looking SH stadiums this time.
Just on comparison, which do people think look better:

Rugby 06:

00208777.jpg

or

RL2:

213-3-lg.jpg

?

The players look great in both, but if EA fail to get feild markings and stadiums right again, sidhe will definately win there IMO... but still, it's nice to have both codes of rugby with games that look great finally! We'll just have to wait and see how they play.

Latest posts