• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Screenshots

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 7 2005, 10:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 7 2005, 10:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Dec 7 2005, 10:38 AM
Overall, there doesn't seem to alot that is all that "revolutionary" about this game... And I'm gonna assume it'll end up at the bottom of the pile after Rugby League 2 and RC 2006.
yeah mate

latest on the TAB totes have this scenario at $1.20
<
[/b]
The odds for it being everything they promise would have to be something in the range of $150
<

calm down..

everyone's gone beserk on a handful of screenshots and a page description of the game..we shud just wait for locksley to "hook" us up with more info
<

ow and..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
In the heat of the moment things can get out of hand and nothing captures this better than the illegal hit feature. Players can choose to deliver brutal illegal hits when they want. If used in the right situation, this feature can help to neutralize the effect of your opponent's impact player on the match.[/b]

yipee!
<

i like rugby 2005, i don't understand why you guys think it's ****.
although there are some bad things, every game has something wrong with whether it be major or minor.

R2005 has a lot going for it. It was just spoiled by some stupid factors. Along with the list of features if they have fixed the bad bits up R2006 will be very playable.

I still have a blast on R2005 every once in a while and apart from RC2006 there isnt a rugby game with as good player control unless were going back to Lomu.

RL2 doesnt stand up to RC2006 and if they get a few things right it wont stand up to R2006.

At least after R2004 the EA franchise does seem to be moving forwards. I wish I could say the same about the RL franchise.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 8 2005, 06:55 AM
R2005 has a lot going for it. It was just spoiled by some stupid factors. Along with the list of features if they have fixed the bad bits up R2006 will be very playable.

I still have a blast on R2005 every once in a while and apart from RC2006 there isnt a rugby game with as good player control unless were going back to Lomu.
The control was the major thing that killed gameplay in Rugby 2005 IMO... because all too often control is taken out of your hands by the drawn out and constricting motion captured animations... Rugby 2006 doesn't just need to add offloads etc to make it playable, but will need a complete overhaul of it's animation style to give you more control.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
At least after R2004 the EA franchise does seem to be moving forwards. I wish I could say the same about the RL franchise.[/b]

That's your opinion fair enough, but most people I've spoken to on the other forums seem pretty sure this is a step in the right direction.

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 6 2005, 09:44 AM
Looks ok. Has ok features.

Not exciting me too much though.

Hopefully since they already had ok graphics and game modes they've been able too work mostly on gameplay this time round.

I've gotta say though, I think RL2 will still be better. The only thing wrong with it being that it's league.
Man I hope its better. RL2 it horse ****

Originally posted by Air Ben@Dec 8 2005, 10:16 AM
I take it RL2 is'nt as good as people hoped it would be...
<
fitting on par for me

i never got too excited like i do for union games, as the resume from the developers isnt crash hot......thus its riding the tide nicely in my world

its better than RL1 IMO........all the AI ****les with head highs are gorne, and sin bin debacles are gone, thuus the overall experience for me is alot better

loving the controllers!!!!

The screen that shows wales v france (with shane williams)... If I am not mistaken it seems the roof is closed? Maybe just the screen but hopefully this is sort of a new 'weather' condition.

Also in the screen with Matt Giteau (?) against kiwis, what ground is it? And if you look down towards the post it seems the fullback (presumably Latham) has his socks down. Christ this ****** me off... I mean if Gits has made a break why isn't Latho with him? Why must we squint to see Chris's trademark leg styling???

BTW the screens on the aus site are the same, nothing different.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 6 2005, 03:52 AM
whats larkham doing there?
I don't think it is larkham... it must be john roe or someone coming off the back of the scrum. There is some aussie blonde standing up in the background maybe this is a flanker that has broken off?

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 7 2005, 10:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 7 2005, 10:54 AM)</div>
Originally posted by DC13@Dec 7 2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 6 2005, 02:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Dec 6 2005, 09:00 AM
wow looks pretty sweet, im really excited now, its the only game they sell here in america, but man does it look good!

dc...

Why don't you order RC 2006 and Rugby League 2 on PC overseas?? They'll both be absolutely kick arse games aswell and you'll get a chance to have a go at the great game that is Rugby League!

is it possible to play them on the US playstations, i mean, is it possible to play foreign games on US playstations? i heard you cant, not 100% sure... anyone with info let me know!

dc...
Well you can get your PS2 chipped and that would let you run them... but other than that, as I said if you have a half decent PC that would be the easiest way to play them. [/b]
Still on your anti-EA crusade huh?

Viva La EA.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 8 2005, 07:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 8 2005, 07:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 7 2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DC13@Dec 7 2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 6 2005, 02:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Dec 6 2005, 09:00 AM
wow looks pretty sweet, im really excited now, its the only game they sell here in america, but man does it look good!

dc...

Why don't you order RC 2006 and Rugby League 2 on PC overseas?? They'll both be absolutely kick arse games aswell and you'll get a chance to have a go at the great game that is Rugby League!

is it possible to play them on the US playstations, i mean, is it possible to play foreign games on US playstations? i heard you cant, not 100% sure... anyone with info let me know!

dc...

Well you can get your PS2 chipped and that would let you run them... but other than that, as I said if you have a half decent PC that would be the easiest way to play them.
Still on your anti-EA crusade huh?

Viva La EA. [/b]
I'll jump off my high horse when they put as much effort into Rugby as they do into FIFA and Madden
<

Untill then I'll keep thinking they're scum and should be put in prison
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 8 2005, 08:43 PM
I'll jump off my high horse when they put as much effort into Rugby as they do into FIFA and Madden
<

Untill then I'll keep thinking they're scum and should be put in prison
<
Trust me, they don't put in much work. I mean, for Madden, how much work is there to do when you're using the same game engine for 4 years at a time and slightly upgrading textures and player models but really not much else for each successive release?

Maybe but why would the guy in the headgear be larkham? I mean surely the flyhalf wouldn't be there as soon as the scrum has finished...

...then again it could be the first signs of glitchy gameplay.

even Madden on xbox 360 uses also the same engine even though they say it's been built from scratch.

Originally posted by Jacko@Dec 9 2005, 01:13 AM
Maybe but why would the guy in the headgear be larkham? I mean surely the flyhalf wouldn't be there as soon as the scrum has finished...

...then again it could be the first signs of glitchy gameplay.
Or the first signs of Australia's new secret attack that's going to win them the World Cup!

stephenstucker0xa.gif

Am I the only one who has realised the release date is set for the 23rd of Feb?

Wow, a day before my 18th.
<

Latest posts