• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrums

B

bluesfan

Playing on hard, I've noticed that the computer is able to turn the scrum more than 90 degrees and force a re-set with their put in. Is there a way to do this? And how?
<

playing in side view (for example) push up or down to turn the scrum. You can use this to:

- shut off one side for the AI (if you have defended all on the open side, turn the scrum to the open side. If you want to knack their no. 10 before he gets his kick away, turn the scrum to the opposite side to make the pass take longer)

- get the put-in yourself, by turning them through 90 degrees

- help your attack, especially down the blind-side.

- and also, you can push against the opposition's turn, and keep the ball.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! I've tried this so many times because i thought that was how you did it, but so far unsuccessful. I'll have to try it with a strong forward pack against a weak one.

It's a difficult thing to do. I find u have to put the forward drive on first then turn it. Usually works. Push over scrums? I've had them against me, but when i'm close to the line the ref blows the play up and sets another scrum. Does this happen to others? Do u need an imediate shunt to make the scrum move over line quyickly? I couldn't even do it against Russia.

Why do I keep losing my own feed. What do you do to just win your own feed. I push X to feed it in then square and push forwards and I always lose the feed? What gives...

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 24 2005, 05:50 AM
It's a difficult thing to do. I find u have to put the forward drive on first then turn it. Usually works. Push over scrums? I've had them against me, but when i'm close to the line the ref blows the play up and sets another scrum. Does this happen to others? Do u need an imediate shunt to make the scrum move over line quyickly? I couldn't even do it against Russia.
I have had it blown up when the scrum is pushed back and hits one of the goalposts, but apart from that scrums have been fine.

When I'm in that possy I just run it with no.8 or pass to blind winger then come back in to support. Never has one of my passes hit the post.

The AI hits the posts often, but if you look where you are you won't make that mistake.

Scrums are hard to turn... and once the AI starts turning one on you I find it hard to defend.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 24 2005, 06:54 PM
Just press:

Feed->Hook->Push in quick succession.

That works for me.
thats rite! u hav to be quik
<