• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Second favourite national team

i was not being serious, i dont know the rules that well

Ok

Conrad just drop it. Give respect to Draggs, he has a valid point. Simon is in the same boat no doubt.

There is no reason to talk about a possible ban for me. Maybe someone is angry because his team lost to Australia again, I'm an exemplary TRF's user

Last edited:
Why are you going to ban me? Everybody know who is the troll

I don't think any of you two are trolls...and WOOWWW I was scared for a second I created all that with my previous post !...
Just make a thread in the Other Sports board.

Why are you going to ban me? Everybody know who is the troll
Because every thread involving football or something you don't like, you derail with "x sucks". If you are confronted, you then blame it on their countries rugby team, I've seen you do it so many times, and looks like you just have again.

There is no reason to talk about a possible ban for me. Maybe someone is angry because his team lost to Australia again, I'm an exemplary TRF's user

Are you just plain ignorant or something else sunshine? People ask for the Admins / MODs to sort stuff out in threads and when we do you just think you are above the rules or the telling of the staff. It just isn't plain acceptable. If you want to carry on PM me and we can have a delightful chat.

Back on topic please ....

Last edited:
While the All Blacks as a legacy are probably the most dominant team in world sport, I don't admire them for it. I openly envy them for it. I hold neutrals who support the All Blacks in the same bracket as the people who were rooting for Sid when he was trying to burn Woodie with a magnifying glass in Toy Story.

Yeh I don't really support the all blacks mainly through envy as well.

There's plenty of teams I like.

But outside of England I guess I only tend to cheer on

Samoa
South Africa
Scotland (I am a 1/6th Scottish)

and Italy depending on who is in their team.

I tend to favour the Southern Hemisphere teams over the Northern teams - though that's not always the case. I quite like Wales, I'd be quite happy to see them win against Australia or SA. Ireland I don't mind either.

Also I'll basically support any team playing England :D When I'm not attached to either team (e.g. two club teams I don't know a lot about, or some World Cup matches between minnows) I tend to favour the underdog.

I tend to favour the Southern Hemisphere teams over the Northern teams - though that's not always the case. I quite like Wales, I'd be quite happy to see them win against Australia or SA. Ireland I don't mind either.

Also I'll basically support any team playing England :D When I'm not attached to either team (e.g. two club teams I don't know a lot about, or some World Cup matches between minnows) I tend to favour the underdog.
Call me when New Zealand become **** and I'll support them. Damn talented ********.

The whole point of next favourite team was to talk about who else you liked, not teams that you hate...

So why have not banned Simon that all he does is talk about football? From long time ago.

:lol: it's you that goes off on a tangent Argie and start digging up pointless articles (Brazil's "three R's" say hi btw). 99% of my comments are based on Rugby with only football (or another sport) occasionally thrown in to add some context.

France, for three reasons:
- For being a descendant of French immigrants
- Because I grew up watching and admiring the "champagne rugby" in the eighties
- Because, for decades, was the only power of rugby who used to come to Argentina to play against pumas

France, for three reasons:
- For being a descendant of French immigrants
- Because I grew up watching and admiring the "champagne rugby" in the eighties
- Because, for decades, was the only power of rugby who used to come to Argentina to play against pumas

is that anything of a phenomenon, or you're just one exception ? Didn't know about French immigration towards Argentina, I'm guessing you're a one-off ? So you have a French surname ?
Anyways, likewise, my second is Pumas. And not because of an addiction to champagne or I don't know what !!!!...

is that anything of a phenomenon, or you're just one exception ? Didn't know about French immigration towards Argentina, I'm guessing you're a one-off ? So you have a French surname ?
Anyways, likewise, my second is Pumas. And not because of an addiction to champagne or I don't know what !!!!...

According to Wikipedia:
"French Argentines form the third largest ancestry group after Italian Argentines and Spanish Argentines. Between 1857 and 1946, 261,020 French people immigrated to Argentina. Today more than 6 million Argentines have some degree of French ancestry (up to 17% of the total population).

While Argentines of French descent make up a substantial percent of the Argentine population, they are less visible than other similarly-sized ethnic groups. This is due to the high degree of assimilation and the lack of substantial French colonies throughout the country".

In fact, two of the three Nobel laureates in medicine Argentines are descended from French: Luis Leloir and Bernardo Houssay.

Genlot is certainly not a very common name in France but my grandfather said to come from that country.

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia:
"French Argentines form the third largest ancestry group after Italian Argentines and Spanish Argentines. Between 1857 and 1946, 261,020 French people immigrated to Argentina. Today more than 6 million Argentines have some degree of French ancestry (up to 17% of the total population).

While Argentines of French descent make up a substantial percent of the Argentine population, they are less visible than other similarly-sized ethnic groups. This is due to the high degree of assimilation and the lack of substantial French colonies throughout the country".

Genlot is certainly not a very common name in France but my grandfather said to come from that country.

ah, ok. Wouldn't have bet money on it. I knew about Spanish and Italian obviously, and from experience I reckon there was a bigger Italian immigration (looking at family names and such) but somehow the Spanish culture took over. From what I know from you guys, you seem more Spanish-like (than Italian), beyond just the language.
But nobody has any notion of French though (the language) over there I presume ?

Having worked in the bank branch Crédit Lyonnais in Argentina for several years had fellow french work and some that being argentine spoke french. However, it is not very common to find francophone these lands. We have to look at the field of culture (writers, painters) to find a group that is above the average of argentines who speak french.

Last edited:
England, they are the opposite of what NZ use to be, i just liked the english players and England is also my favorite national football team. I have english/french blood as well so that explains a lot. Theres something about the national anthem aswell that just inspires you to go out in the world and steal other countries natural resources... Sigh

Ireland and France comes in at 3 and 4, 6 is Argentina and 7th is aus as they are so arrogant but hooper is just too handsome not to mention

For me, my second favourite is Ireland. I respect what the have done for rugby there in the last 10 years or so and their national team/fans have the passion I feel I have for my team. Unless they are playing Wales of course, and then it's all fire and brimstone ;).

I have to give Italy a shout out as well. I always root for them in the 6N as I feel they have the potential to grow every year, they just need that success.

Latest posts