Second favourite national team

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Pretty much as the ***le says, when your country isn't playing, who are your favourite choices to win?

France as I like their style of play, and because my Grandad was French so it has some family ties. South Africa are always fun to watch as well when they're on the front foot.

nice idea for a thread powerrancher.
It's got to be France for me too.....nah kidding Argentina for me. They've always had that big scrum, and France and Argentina ave had similar styles at times, big scrum, physical gritty pack, and backs who can really ball. I love that "3rd world country" side of them, they bring it to you, aren't afraid of the bigger names, defiant. They've had some joys to watch and have always had this sort of cryptic aura about them, like they're the lesser known of all Tier 1 sides, kind of like hidden cheat codes in a videogame or that cool kid you knew little about at school. And they're representing the Pumas' spirit a lot right now, so my Puma appreciation has been quite high.

Then Italy because they're sort of our little brothers, all their good players have played here, they got one of our national coaches to lead them, Parisse...
Have always liked the Wallabies too. I like Aussies generally, but the green and gold jerseys and that running style, so velvet, even their forwards have those silky skills and mobility...

Samoa.
Not really sure why - I like their play style/fierceness, I guess.
Also we get a lot of Samoans playing in the Prem so you recognise a lot of the names/players playing for them.

Always had a soft spot for Wales. Even live there now.

Will also root for Scotland/Ireland (I know Ireland is mostly not UK) over the rest, because UK solidarity and all.

From the non-UK countries, Tonga.

if its not scotland then i usually have a strong support towards the welsh but its a toss between wales or south africa for me and i am a strong fan off Oceanic countries especially fiji, samoa and tonga

Easy

vPu7jGj.png

I'd go for Canada (Minnows with a few players I'm a fan of), Scotland (whole bunch of reasons. Celtic etc) or maybe Italy. I'd never support one of the big guys against an underdog opponent which means I'm rarely up for the All Blacks. Well maybe against the Boks.

aahhhh, token Welsh post, well done !! ;)

I've always liked Argentina despite the rivalry with Ireland, probably due to Felipe Contipomi.

Argentina vs Ireland, yes. Yes.. Who could forget one of the greatest rivalries in Rugb...nay.....in professional sports since the yawn of mankinder bueno...a rivalry that redefines the expression Kentucky fried chicken and hovers above your ear, whispering "with milk and one sugar, please". That, is the stuff of athletes' dreams. A confrontation for the ages. Iregentina vs Arland.

aahhhh, token Welsh post, well done !! ;)

Argentina vs Ireland, yes. Yes.. Who could forget one of the greatest rivalries in Rugb...nay.....in professional sports since the yawn of mankinder bueno...a rivalry that redefines the expression Kentucky fried chicken and hovers above your ear, whispering "with milk and one sugar, please". That, is the stuff of athletes' dreams. A confrontation for the ages. Iregentina vs Arland.
1999, 2003, 2007 RWC's, you should at least educate yourself before spewing bull**** and of advise assuming an Irish rugby fan knows a little more about Irish rugby than you aswell. The two sides hated each other last decade and the matches were always heated affairs.

1999, 2003, 2007 RWC's, you should at least educate yourself before spewing bull**** and of advise assuming an Irish rugby fan knows a little more about Irish rugby than you aswell. The two sides hated each other last decade and the matches were always heated affairs.

That's right, who could imagine Rugby without that matchup, it's sesquicentennial. Heat is a good thing for us mammals, and heated affairs, even gooder...

That's right, who could imagine Rugby without that matchup, it's sesquicentennial. Heat is a good thing for us mammals, and heated affairs, even gooder...

I think you've reached toddler stage on the forum Ewis, it used to be quite endearing but now it's gotten tiresome and somewhat frustrating when you **** yourself.

I think you've reached toddler stage on the forum Ewis, it used to be quite endearing but now it's gotten tiresome and somewhat frustrating when you **** yourself.

there are many different ways to deal with frustration, 59camc. One of them is heated affairs. Please leave me be, I'm trying to educate myself on the world changing legendary fixture that is Ireland Argentina.

Wales, Argentina, Samoa, Japan (especially with Tanaka playing) or Ireland - all I have a soft spot for.

Latest posts