• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Second Test: Australia vs. British and Irish Lions (29/06/13)

Aaaaaaand Australia prevail, series tied, decider in a week see you then.
great one.

Ah well, you can't say it isn't a fair result. Lions sat back far, far too much in the second half.

Will Halfpenny be called Morne Steyn? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its a no. Steyn still the original Kickbot 3000

Halfpenny will be gutted. Shouldn't be, as it was a massive kick, but he will.

I'm sorry but that Lions backline is not test quality on tonight's performance. Terrible tactics, no ability to attack. Absolutely no ability to get over the advantage line.

Got to give it to Joubert he knows how to blow big games into 1 point thrillers haha

For u who was the man of the match?? For me maybe Michael Hooper, always the best wallaby forward.

Or AAC for this try or Leali'ifano...

Last edited:
Warburton was excellent, the game swung when he came off. Genia excellent again. One of those two for MotM

Congrats Wobblies. Think you might nick this now.

I'm sorry but that Lions backline is not test quality on tonight's performance. Terrible tactics, no ability to attack. Absolutely no ability to get over the advantage line.

I'd say it was an issue of poor tactics moreso tbh. How many times did we see Youngs, Murray, Sexton and Halfpenny kick away good ball on up and unders? Also, the lineout gave zero clean ball. You can't expect the backs to get over the line if you're feeding them scraps.

Think as was said despite winning last week today showed our units didn't gel and we were poor. Aus deserved it and hopefully we can get it right next week and interesting thing next week is will team be picked on name/reputation or form

Whilst I would have loved for the Lions to have won today, it does make next week awesome!

The last half-hour of the game was very exciting, although I felt the first half had too many errors and penalties (part of it might be because I'm a neutral with no idea how scrums work).
I don't think the shot at goal at the end was a right call - IIRC it was further than the first kick which was just short. I thought Murray should've gone for a quick tap, maybe milk 10m more for not making the ball available.
Well, nevertheless, I can't wait until next week.

Australia deserved to win.Warburton was superb.Referee was far better than last week (not difficult).How the **** did Vunipola stay on for so long!!!! Well done Aus.

IIRC it was further than the first kick which was just short. I thought Murray should've gone for a quick tap, maybe milk 10m more for not making the ball available.

It was within Halfpenny's range. He's kicked plenty of kicks from further out than that. I was expecting him to nail it tbh. It's why he looked so gutted afterwards. Still a tough kick, and tonight it proved just too far.

Latest posts