• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Set plays

T

Titan

I am having trouble executing the set plays. Half the time, the fly half is smashed before he has a chance to throw out wide. Does anyone have any tips for getting them off cleanly?

If they are running up and smashing your first 5 then pick a move where he dosent hold the ball for log, you need to get a feel for the dfence then chosse a play acoordingly, in some games you just cant pull them off and theyre too costly.

For a while, I was despondent about set plays. If you're a classic 2 view player, don't bother with training because everything is in side view. But I kept at it and the plays seem to work really well.

When you choose a play, there is a corresponding button (PS2) that needs to be pushed after the scrumhalf has passed the ball. I was having trouble with the miss move. The ball kept going to deck. So I started hitting the square button while the ball was in the air. The outside center then caught it and passed the ball on. Everytime I don't hit a button after the scrumhalf passes, the ball goes to ground. The same goes for the loop play. The "hot" button is triangle, which initiates the pass between inside center and flyhalf. Once that pass is made, you need to choose another button to get it out wider to a fullback shooting the gap or a skip to the wing. Once you get the timing down, the plays are quite nice, especially on replay. In one instance during open play as the ABs, I chose the miss play. I hit the square button and it went to Jerry Collins. Then I accidently hit the triangle button and Jerry chip kicked over the defense and Howlett raced past everyone and picked it up on a dead sprint. Try given! It was a fist pumping moment because who would have thought Jerry had it in him. Just remember to hit the buttons early and you should be alright. Hope this helps.

i find the best set play to do when you have fast wingers is a double miss pass. if you can see the defence is in tight do a miss play and press circle as it comes out to the fly half then he misses out the blindside winger who has come into the line to the inside center who misses the outside center to the winger.

works particularly well with wales as you have jones to henson to shane williams in the corner!

Originally posted by MCab@Feb 22 2006, 05:01 AM
What's the difference b/n a loop and a pivot?
Loop - the passer of the ball (1) runs around the back of the receiver (2) and is passed the ball. The receiver (2) runs with the ball after he is passed it and then gives it on to the looped player (1)

Pivot - Pretty much the same, only the receiver does not move. He literally recieves the ball, turns and passes to the initial passer who then continues on with the move. Basically he's just there to hold the defence in line..

I just counted how many set plays are in this game, and there is 8. Im sure i read that there were 25 plus!! I know that each set move has multiple recievers but surely this dosent count as a seperate set play. Im a bit dissapointed, as i sat down and decided id go through them all and find some cool ones, but as it turns out i already know them all.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 23 2006, 03:12 PM
I just counted how many set plays are in this game, and there is 8. Im sure i read that there were 25 plus!! I know that each set move has multiple recievers but surely this dosent count as a seperate set play. Im a bit dissapointed, as i sat down and decided id go through them all and find some cool ones, but as it turns out i already know them all.
yes thats right

8 set-plays

i think the 25 they came up with is the combinations within the 8

i know u can change stuff in the set-play menu's but i think thats just a quick look at what each button will do

Latest posts