• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ShaheenJ's Kit Mod Thread

I made the province kit from scratch... actually made it from my replica shirt. there's stripes under the sleeves (from the arm pits down) and the sleeves, all the way from the shoulders are blue panels, and i changed the socks. WP has four stripes on the cap. (white, powder puff blue, maroon and navy blue). Anyways, I'll be glad to make Air NZ teams as well. I've started just for fun, making Otago, Auckland and Southland.

You can do Otago, Southland and Auckland as i haven't done them. Well, i tried Auckland but it's not finished.

auckland is a bit tricky with the stripes on the shoulder and sleeve. gotta line up the back and front, and place the stripes on the sleeves properly ~eh. too much trial and error, making kits for FIFA is much more streamlined using Kit Raptor Tools. Is there no 3D preview tool for Rugby 08? Or a patch to get rid of the intro and disclaimer/trademark loading screens? that will help a lot :p

Here's a tip, leave the game running after you preview your kit, i always use it on #10 . Exit out of the match to the main menu, then switch to windows. Make your edit, and add the files into the directory again and return to game. Select the kit again for a match and it will load. But it doesn't load from a restart game, although you can try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShaheenJ @ Oct 15 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
auckland is a bit tricky with the stripes on the shoulder and sleeve. gotta line up the back and front, and place the stripes on the sleeves properly ~eh. too much trial and error, making kits for FIFA is much more streamlined using Kit Raptor Tools. Is there no 3D preview tool for Rugby 08? Or a patch to get rid of the intro and disclaimer/trademark loading screens? that will help a lot :p[/b]

Yes. There is the 3d model of the body parts to use it in OEdit. I will upload it very soon when finish to match up the textures.

I've been busy again last night. Two more kits to preview, Otago and Southland.

SOUTHLAND

OTAGO

I can't figure out what the other sponsor on the left sleeve is for Otago?? Can anyone help with that please?

Hey, your kits a really good aye, the Southland one looks a bit bright but its still great. Most pictures i've seen from photosport of Otago, their sponsor on the left arm is taped up or covered up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Oct 18 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey, your kits a really good aye, the Southland one looks a bit bright but its still great. Most pictures i've seen from photosport of Otago, their sponsor on the left arm is taped up or covered up.[/b]
Thanks for the comments ;). Yeah, now that I look at it again I need to make the southland colour a wee bit darker, i suppose it was the lighting on the replica kit that a picked the colour from. Took some searching though but I found the sponsor... The Bog Irish Bar hehe. Now to complete Otago ;).

Very nice, just a slight colour change for Southland. But it's fine. I'm being picky.

hehe.... "picky"... i suppose its an "eye for detail" ;). by the way i managed to get a few pics of the western province away kit. It's ugly i know, but i'm nearly done with it. will be uploading the mods for air nz cup teams, otago and southland (auckland nearly done ;)), then followed by currie cup teams, wp away and griquas home ;). laterz

The latest update ;)

CURRIE CUP TEAMS

GRIQUAS

Download Link [Megaupload]

WESTERN PROVINCE AWAY
Eh... I really don't like this province away kit. But then again we never have a nice away kit (perhaps they should take a page out of the stade francais book :p)

AIR NEW ZEALAND CUP
SOUTHLAND

Now for some work in progress. Stade Francais third kit, I really like this design, its trendy and i love the pop art ;). After uploading the screen shot i realised that I used the old SF emblem and i'm missing the french top 14 logo on the right sleeve as well, with some minor details missing from the side panels and the neck part at the back. All comments will be greatly appreciated. Oh and I only did the back for the "first five eighths" (as they call it down under) :p

STADE FRANCAIS

PS: How can I edit my first post to group all my kits there?

I think the denim is more blue than you have it. Just look for a denim jeans image on google and sample it. Looking good though, don't think i'll have that kit in MUP though. Currie Cup and ANZ Cup are looking spiffy. :D

He said after the screenshot he realised he'd left off the logos. I made the other two anyway, not sure if that denim popart kit has been made to go with the minikit. And just for you diego, i am today doing Munster Home. I already did Munster away.

Nice work on the kits ShaheenJ I've downloaded the Southland Stags off you but I don't know how to get them to work can you help me out please. I extracted the files but not sure what to do with them hope you can help.

Hey man if ya still want Otago other sponsor its a pub in Dunedin. Shown here:

82490824.jpg

and here is the logo:

bog_logo_splash.gif

thanx xusky, but i found it already :D.

@jawmalawm24: Southland obviously doesn't exist in Rugby 08. If you want to view the kit in-game, you would have to rename the *.big and *.fsh files to a team that exist in the game and then copy those two files into C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Rugby 08. For instance i used the Stormers home kit files for Western Province to view it in-game. ;).

Just as an example: Say you want to replace The Highlanders with the Southland kit.
rename:
kit_front.big to de34800c50febe10d4c083069de52560.big
kit_back.fsh to fd6e392e1892af7559c6a2241d37d027.fsh

If you want to get the Highlanders back, then all you have to do is remove those two files from your Rugby 08 directory.

I renamed the big to cf219012cbf4a924d659aafec0ffff2a.big and the fsh to 705440512e30390b0a9a749919be02f6.fsh which should be the away kits for the Southland Stags in the SANZAR cup mod. The Southland Stag homekit still works alright but when I try to use the away kit it just shows the same as the homekit and not your one.

Latest posts