Shimange no longer in plans for Boks

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by goranski, Jan 17, 2007.

1. goranski

goranski Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Yeah well, Shimmy`s got a last-gasp chance of still making it into the Stormers squad- he`s playing on Saturday for Boland in the main game vs. the Stormers 1st team. Obviously won`t displace Brits and Tiaan Liebenberg as 1st and 2nd choice, but might just sneek in ahead of Huia Edmonds, a player that I`ve never really rated. The Stormers` final squad will only be announced on Monday, after this game. Anyway, it`s a slim chance, but still a chance for Shimmy.

Good acquisition for Boland in their aims to make it into the top flight of the Currie Cup this year though- together with ex-Bulls prop Andries Human, they should provide the pack that could gain enough possession to let the fliers, Benjamin and Nokwe, run riot.

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

To be honest, I never did like Shimange. So unless he can prove me wrong and play a stormer (pun not intended) of game this week and make the Stormers squad, then good luck to him.

But Gary Botha is still the best hooker in SA. :cheers:

5. Boggle

Boggle Guest

I dunno about that one, Schalk brits is pretty damn good.... you know, when he's not injured through the entire currie cup and all.

But Gary is a really good player, I'll give you that.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!