Win's 0
Losses 11
Draws 1

Points for: 168 (ave: 14)
Points against: 390 (ave: 32.5)

largest win: 0
largest loss: 60 (73-13)

Most points in match: 19 twice

Fun fact: Did you know in the History of tri/5/6 Nations and The Rugby Championship some 130 years of rugby 13-73 is the largest ever defeat?
Fun Fact no2: Argentina will now have the record for taking the most games to register their first win, Ireland hold the current record of 11 matches Argentina is now at 12 matches and counting, (Technically 13 because they would have to win their next match to register a W)

I gotta say I reckon 0-1-17 is looking pretty likely. The Wallabies are legit this year and they don't look like beating the AB's or SA.

I know most of you were predicting wins by now, but it was always going to be a big ask. The team looks miles from a win really.
Argentina deserve a chance to come good 2/3 winless season's isn't the end of the world. I expect them to come good at some stage.

They had their chance in 2012 and 2013 when Australia had masses of injuries and a change of coach and South Africa had a transition year with a lot of new players. They blew it and backed mediocrity. Now it's them who are going through a difficult period including internal turmoil within the side whilst the competition is looking stronger.

They had their chance in 2012 and 2013 when Australia had masses of injuries and a change of coach and South Africa had a transition year with a lot of new players. They blew it and backed mediocrity. Now it's them who are going through a difficult period including internal turmoil within the side whilst the competition is looking stronger.

Yeah, as Wales who faced the same Wallabies decimated and lost the last 9 games. The same situation.

Yeah, as Wales who faced the same Wallabies decimated and lost the last 9 games. The same situation.

Wut? Why is it every time someone, usually psychic duck, points out very reasonable flaws with this current crop of Pumas, do you have to be ridiculously petty and bring up the completely unrelated Welsh record vs Aus?

What does Wales have to do with this?

Both are Top 10 teams with problems against the Tri Nations. In rugby there is not much secret, Argentina has problems against the Tri Nations teams as Europeans too. At the moment I think the only European team qualified to win a game against the Tri Nations, playing 6 games in a row, is England. And just a game. Ireland, France, Wales, Scotland and Italy would lose 6 games in a row against the Tri Nations, of course they are lucky enough to don't play 6 games in a row against the 3N.

Last edited:
Argentina need to be given a long time to settle into the competition and support money to continue to develop the game at the grass roots level.
Argentina are here to stay.

Well... this thread is officialy closed.

We shall now open a new thread: "Should the Boks stay in the RC for the next seasons? Yes or no" :roflrol:

Reading some of the old comments here is gold, I've nothing else to say other than like el diego: La tenés adentro.

Bit harsh. As far as i can remember the overwhelming majority supported us

Argentina should not be allowed to stay in the RC next year because quite frankly.... they're TOO Good.

Like night and day compared to the Aussie game. From wendyball falling over tactics, to needing to adapt some lump from the Primera who can kick at goal to beat anyone.

I'm quite excited to see Argentina becoming a force to be reckoned with in TRC. I realize that SA hasn't been in the best form lately (based on what I saw in the Super Rugby competition), but they are still a team that should have won that game. But they didn't, and Argentina did...not by a fluke or by a last minute score or by a single point, but they dominated the game from the beginning and showed that they are very capable of playing with the big boys.

das

Happy to have them, they add abit of flavour to the competition, at times I've questioned their inclusion, but they're definitely improving.

yes and japan should join them

Haha, slow down there buddy. I know everyone is still hyped up for that game, but maybe we'll see how the Japanese team does in Super Rugby, game/attendance wise. It's definitely a step forward in the right direction, if successful.

yes and japan should join them

Samoa too, they have already beaten Australia in Sydney ('11), Wales in Cardiff ('12), Scotland in SA ('12), Italy in SA ('12) & Apia ('14) and they even ran the All Blacks close in Apia this year.

Far better to have a SH 6 Nations tournament with variety than endless monotonous fixtures against the same teams.

Latest posts