• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

shoulder pads

B

banz

Hi Im lookin to get some new pads for the start of the next season and was wondering if any1 has any advice? Im lookin at the gilbert charger 06 and the canterbury flexitop plus at the moment. If it helps I play openside flanker. Any advice is greatly accepted. Cheers

not sure about the gilbert one
but last season i used a the kooga warrior one, simply because it was cheap and fit very well, although this season im looking at
the same ones

Canterbury Flexitop Plus Sky/Black
Gilbert Xact Charger 07

problem is most people ive asked arent sure on those as they are expensive and reasonably new,

just make sure whatever you get that the fit on you is very tight, enough so you can breathe but so it hugs your shoulder, otherwise its useless

:D

Well I had a set of Kooga Impact pads last season and while the protection from them is really good they are just too bulky when playing, maybe if I was a prob Id choose them but thats about it, they really restrict movement so Looking for something that provides a similar level of protection but also is good for running as well. Just hope someone might have some advice of using one of these or something similar from the same company.

istockphoto_1435529_80_s_big_hair_getting_ready.jpg

Yeah, wear those shoulder pads....and while your at it, why not pick up a box of these:
ovnt.gif

They're pads too, you know.

don't forget to guzzle beer like the irish! that'll give yer a nice big belly. cushions those hard shoulder shots to the guy you know.

Any helpful advice from any1 who plays rugby greatly appreciated. [/b]
I play rugby...didn't like the advice?

don't forget to guzzle beer like the irish! that'll give yer a nice big belly. cushions those hard shoulder shots to the guy you know. [/b]
Such Truth in that! Haha!

Any helpful advice from any1 who plays rugby greatly appreciated.
I play rugby...didn't like the advice?

Yeah but you describe yourself as American irish which is a pathetic attempt to attatch yourself to irish heritage because you are clearly so uncomfortable with your own nationality, plus you have an obvious over matcho compensation proberbly from repressed sexual feelings for men or a bad relationship with your parents who knows. But Im looking for advice from someone with a bit more upstairs and a bit more together. Cheers

Yeah but you describe yourself as American irish which is a pathetic attempt to attatch yourself to irish heritage because you are clearly so uncomfortable with your own nationality, plus you have an obvious over matcho compensation proberbly from repressed sexual feelings for men or a bad relationship with your parents who knows. But Im looking for advice from someone with a bit more upstairs and a bit more together. Cheers
[/b]
What Nationality are you? Let's have a fair match here. I'm completely comfortable with your jeers at my being an Irish-American, but turnabout is fair play.
By the way, it's spelled "MACHO" as in the Macho Man Randy Savage (I can't believe I just referenced wrestling). But I'm not overcompensating, I just really am that awesome. If you want to have a talk with someone with a little bit more going on upstairs you might try the "Do you Believe" thread...there's a load of super-intellegent like super-genius sorts lurking about there.
PS - Enjoy the soft comfort of those shoulder pads as they make every tackle seem like a fall into a mountain of pillows.

as in the Macho Man Randy Savage (I can't believe I just referenced wrestling)[/b]
Ahh but if your going to reference wrestling, reference the best in the game. Macho man was deadly :D

banz, if you really want good padding. shut up. and grow ***s like that woman on o'roth's avatar. NOW THAT is a mountain of pillows i want to be falling into.

theres no problem with shoulder pads, you dont know him he might have bad shoulders or just wants more protection on his shoulders, i dont wear them but i probably would if i played a more contact involved position

try and find the old style blue guilbert pads... they r the best may have 2 ebay.. nothing compares to them

I wear shouldr pads, screwed up my shoulder a couple of years ago, never been the same since, i have canterbury flexitop plus at the moment, good quality and they've lasted me a while.

Since I dislocated my shoulder I have started wearing Kooga Samurai II pads. They are tight and provide a fair bit of protection, although I have dislocated my shoulder again this season but thats due to a knee in the shoulder when I made a tackle. BTW I have played openside flanker for Wales u19's mate so I know the score lol

I wear shouldr pads, screwed up my shoulder a couple of years ago, never been the same since, i have canterbury flexitop plus at the moment, good quality and they've lasted me a while. [/b]

Hey what position do you play, and are they comfortable for running, coz I have some Kooga Impact 11 pads but they r way too bulky to run in. I tried on some Rugbytech pads the other week and they felt tight except there seems to be a needless piece of foam around your biceps which again I'd think would restrict your movement a bit, so am still considering the Canterbury ones.

Latest posts