• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Has the patch fixed things(Offloads) or is it even out yet?

The patch is out. The default offload settings have not changed, but there are both global sliders as well as team tactics sliders that you can alter to both reduce the number of offloads and the chance of their success if you wish.

Here are my thoughts on RC:

It's fun, but some things are really frustrating:

- Fly-half is never in the pocket, he is buggering around on the wing.

- Why are my forwards in my backline or trying to be backline players? I'm not playing with South Africa circa 2008

- I can't pick up at the base of the scrum with my no.8? Why?

- Can't maul from line-out

- Passing is wack, there is almost never a plain old simple pass. always these extravagant long passes or fancy bullshit.

- Quick grubber without going into slow mo is about useful as a tonsil

The good:

- Graphics is amazing

- It's fun, most of the time.

- Chip kicks

- It's not easy

- Customization is awesome

So much potential, but those little things is a bit disappointing because how did you guys miss seeing these problems when testing it? Or am I just doing something wrong that I'm getting weird passes and a screwed up backline?

Thoughts guys?

agree on everything, the game is fun and looks amazing, just a few little strange things like the team isn't structured, the forwards loiter in the back line and run like wingers and my flyhalf is missing when I want him to recieve the ball to take a dropgoal etc. (cue quade cooper jokes). does anyone else feel that the game has more of a rugby league feel to it?

also, how are people's online experience. I need to sort out my video card but i have noticed with my online opponent as well as myself you can never throw a straight linout or kick a conversion unless you get lucky and it lands on the mark.

also wanted to say i'm happy to fork out the cash for the PC version. i'm not into console games and would have been dissapointed if there was no PC version.

I don't care about the problems really,just love to play a new rugby game haha,yeah sure the locks and flankers run in the backline haha so what if pocock scores a hat trick,only 3 problems that bothers me,the passing doesn't go to hand much,the goalkicking looks **** and the spin out the takle?what's that all about?every takle almost haha fake as hell,the halfback passes like a prop from the ruck,he is a total idiot,but no worries coz I love the game and animations,thanks a lot for the game

You'll love playing this new rugby game yes, for about 3 or 4 games before you get really frustrated by the wasted potential... urgh!! This game could have been so awesome.

I love this game, I'm doing a career with Ireland and Scarlets. I would have done Leinster but I edited them way to good so it's too easy, they now win all their matches by about 50 points.

I'm second in the pro12 after Leinster, losing to Leinster and Glasgow. Top of my Heineken cup group on 19 points beating Perpingan 7-3, Leiceter 26-17 and Treviso 40-10 twice. I went out of the World Cup after a great start in the All Blacks match I lost with three tries in 10 minutes, 19-14... And then I lost to none other than Wales 21-14.

I have to say this game is epic. I really hope sidhe do another rugby game in future. Only thing that i really want improved for next time round are to get all the players in each team playing the right positions and have money in the career but apart from that i have to say thank you to all the sidhe staff for producing such a good game, the wait was worth it!

I'm having passing issues with certain teams. I won a game with Quins 26-0 then played a game with Toulouse playing the same team, and (i am not joking) they could not string two passes together. It just passed to their feet, or behind or something. Anyone have this? Are the ratings just screwed for some teams?

Far out where can i buy this game for the PC in Dublin??? HMV and none of the game stores sell it and only saw it for sale on PS3 in one of the stores. I asked a guy at gamespot or stop not sure which and he said they are yet to confirm when it's coming in? I wana play this game soo bad! Also i don't really want to download it off Steam cos i'm not sure if the internets quick enough where i am.

Fcking scrums! because they get ONE little thingy right, my team suddenly gets pushed back 10m? FRUSTRATIIIIIIONS

Can't stop playing though.

BUT STILL!

Finally played the game.

My system - PS3 Slim. Software versions 3.66.
RC - No patch.

Only froze ONCE.. And that was during the loading screen where you run around on screen. Thats it. Other wise its gone off without hitch.

Comments/Suggestion
- WOuld be nice if you had a name indicator for who was at the back of the ruck. Playing as Samoa, many times i thought i saw a gap next to the ruck.. and picking it up with the scrumhalf expecting it to be Kahn to ghost thru the gap.. ONLY for it to be a Prop standing at scrumhalf?

- Also... How about the option to pass it to forwards or backs? Sometimes i just wanna smash it up front with a forward.. But it ends up being a backs player. Also, that miss out pass seems to be the only advanced passing technique there is.

- A really wish there were set moves for attack AND defense. I know it would be like EA.. But the directional buttons would have been perfect to set up defensive tactics and attacking tactics on the fly.

- The lineout looks weird when they jump up... and slowly go down.. However.. My gripe seems to be that the first reciever from the lineout is always the Winger?

- Also the L1-R1 pass to playmaker... Only a 50% success ratio.. It seems to go to the Fullback or 2nd five alot of times.

- Scrums... are on Roller Skates... A bit too unrealistic.. But ok for now i guess.

- Passing.. It was a gripe at first how the passes went to ground.. But i learned not to spam the passes.. Just like in Real life.. However when playing as the Reds.. Its funny how simmons has a hard time passing the ball to his nearest man.. with the ball going to ground... But yet can throw a huge behind the back offload with pinpoint accuracy at a distance of 30 meters.. Lol

ANYWAYS. A great first up ***le by sidhe. Just a few things lacking.. But 7/10 seems right. Hopefully they incorporate some of these suggestions in regards to set plays on attack and defense, lineouts and scrums.. as well as player indicators at the back of the ruck. AND of course options to pass to forwards or backs.

Meh.. I guess i have too much of the EA habits still in me.

on pc, when I hold the pass button. one of the players has a W on his head (I am using keyboard), i'm not sure if any other player has a letter on their head, but I presume this allows me to pick who i'm going to pass to?

also a lack of radar at the bottom makes it difficult to see where my players are

It's growing on me. The rubbish passing put me off at first, but I'm enjoying it now. Just won the World Cup on Career Mode as Wales, so it's all going well.

To me the game needs to improve/include the following areas:

1. Career Mode that has some depth and variation including realistic season simulation. Current mode is very poor.
2. Dropgoals. The kicking animation is just so unrealistic, but elsewhere in game they have a proper drop-goal animation. This may be moddable on PC.
3. Sliders for AI, not just for user settings. That would help immensely. I don't get any offloads against me.. well under 5-8 a game which is much better.
4. Penalties and infringements. There aren't any coded in, so no hands in ruck, not releasing, not rolling away, collapsing maul/scrum, poor scrummaging/lineout etc. This is vital, because without it it's just a game of seeing who scores the most tries.
5. A couple more techniques, such as a goose step, 'take into contact' options, so you can actively recycle the ball.
6. Some basic set moves off of the set-pieces and in open play.

But other than that, the game is just amazing.

Just to note, does anyone remember the original Rugby Challenge (swordfish studios)?

That game was very very similar apart from the fact that it had the same name(!), same league licenses, an odd passing system (banana passes), no setplays, no penalties, and it played a bit like rugby league. Did Sidhe buy Swordfish or something?

Just to note, does anyone remember the original Rugby Challenge (swordfish studios)?

That game was very very similar apart from the fact that it had the same name(!), same league licenses, an odd passing system (banana passes), no setplays, no penalties, and it played a bit like rugby league. Did Sidhe buy Swordfish or something?

No.

Latest posts