• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

One question:

which is the file where all user data (achievments, settings, roster and players mod) are saved?

I just want to save it sometimes for backup, in case of crashing or re-installing...

Ok, so overall I'd give this game a 7.5/10 - which is good. The two strongest features - the fact that it looks great and is enjoyable enough that I consider my money well spent. For Sidhe's first game in the series I want to commend them for an outstanding effort - hopefully if they plan on releasing any more games in the next four years they'll have a fine template to build on.

There are, however, a lot of things to improve, and I don't think there's very much debate here either. I'll start with the easiest:

Customising Game
- Not being able to move players between the Premiership/ Pro12/ Top 14. I can't think of any other games with licensing rules this strict. Needs sorting.
- Not being able to add players to rosters without removing others. This just makes no sense.
- Instead of the 50 or so custom kits sidhe have designed, can we have templates (ie. hoops, quarters etc.) and fill them with whichever colours we want?
- Why did you have to make the unlicensed international kits look like flags? I think I'm playing rugby league every time I play with England...

Customising Players
- There should be a 'scrummaging' attribute, one for 'kick power'. While editing a player's attributes, his overall rating should be shown on the screen.
- An option for players to have tape around their heads
- An option for players to have their socks down

Rosters
- not all European players are that bad. Correcting rosters (and making them up to date for this season, in light of the licensing issues I mentioned above) is taking me AGES.
- For South Africans, I understand not having the license, but could you make all the players as real and then give them a name like T.Mwarirati, a B.de Lespis, a B.Haboona etc. so that it's easier to edit them?

Otherwise, as I said, superb. This next section may prove more difficult to correct:

Gameplay (all noted from playing on Hard)
- Passing. It's incredibly frustrating the amount of simple passes that are chucked miles behind the intended recipient. And no team is capable of scoring some of the tries I concede thanks to incredibly long ambitious passes infield that manage to find their target amongst a sea of my defenders.
- Tackling. Too many tackles are broken, it's unrealistic.
- Knock-ons. Too many knock-ons - unrealistic.
- Scrums. I like this feature, perhaps with a scrummaging stat added the average of the 3 front row players could make the scrum meter faster/ slower for each team depending on how good they are.
- Scoring tries. There needs to be an animation for sliding over the line.
- There needs to be an option for the 10 to sit back in the pocket.
- Drop goals - I don't need to say.
- TMO - when a player knocks on when trying to score, he gets the scrum 5. It should be the defending team.
- Goal kicking. Can you make the ring around which the slider goes darker or just more visible? Sometimes I can't pick it up at all, especially when the whitewash saying 22 is in the way.

Otherwise, as I said it's a fantastic game.

Last edited:
Are there going to be mods around for this one? I can't be doing with unlicensed kits/names/teams.

i got the patch, but now an annoying glitch i'm always getting: whenever I tackle a player into touch 5 metre's from my try line, the game will to a 5 metre scrum giving the opposition the ball, even though I tackled the other player 5 metre's from my line, before I was getting weird glitches but they would only happen once or twice, but this glitch happens nearly every time, honestly I've never played a game with this many glitches ever before its crazy

Looks like I won't be getting the game for a while, 'Can You Run It?' says my laptop does not meet the minimum requirements. I only have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 video card and it says there should be either NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 3850; bit crap as it also says my video card has more RAM, Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader than the minimum. Ah well, it's an excuse to buy a new laptop.

Christ!

I'm not able only for video card, mine is GeForce 8500 with 744MB RAM and 3.0 Pixel Shader version and Vertex Shader version, with the game need GeForce 8800 with 512MB!

That's awkward!

Christ!

I'm not able only for video card, mine is GeForce 8500 with 744MB RAM and 3.0 Pixel Shader version and Vertex Shader version, with the game need GeForce 8800 with 512MB!

That's awkward!

Yeah same as myself. Confused with all the technical talk. Good thing I didn't re-order it.

I must admit, game runs pretty well even with some graphic glitches... I'm still enjoyed it, but XBox controller simulator didn't work with my Rumblepad 2.

Or... I can't use it properly :huh:

I'm gettign an xbox pc gamepad, long overdue. I can play with my Saitek Rumble but the button config is an odd layout.

Whereas I still can't track down a damned copy for the PS3 from anywhere! regularly pop into Game, CEX, et, to be told that they don't have copies, nor do they know when and If they'll get more. Even the growing games market in the larger supermarkets don't even have it up on their boards, let alone any solitary copies. Amazon doesnt fare any better, so be grateful for what you've got, chaps! Getting a bit tired of all this waiting, although can't really blame Sidhe for that. Maybe chose your distributor a little more wisely next time, eh...

The xbox program works bro,really,you just need to change the buttons like you want them,then any game thinks you got an xbox control

it came in the mail today!!! Yeah, been waiting to try all the competitions after only doing the World cup over and again on the other game. The patch is patching (I'm ryan91676 on psn if anyone wants to play online).

When I go to edit the Irish national side(And Wales, Scotland,England etc.), can I just swap in the real players from their respective club sides or do the players have to be edited individually.

Got a penalty on halfway, chose to go for goal and then it changed to the opposition taking a shot at goal from my 22m right in front - I went 3pts down for them doing a high tackle on me :lol:

When I go to edit the Irish national side(And Wales, Scotland,England etc.), can I just swap in the real players from their respective club sides or do the players have to be edited individually.

For Pro12 (and Top14) sides you have to edit each individual player on the national team. I think that you can simply swap Premiership players though.

Got a penalty on halfway, chose to go for goal and then it changed to the opposition taking a shot at goal from my 22m right in front - I went 3pts down for them doing a high tackle on me :lol:

whilst I am enjoying the game, the bugs and such are utterly ridiculous, such as this. Have you had the one where from a lineout the ball suddenly stops in midair having been thrown by the hookerr, then spins half a dozen loops in the air doing laps round all the players and then suddenly is in the hands of the scrum half. mind boggling, and quite disappointing tbf. Also, have you noticed how, at least on pc, the player never actually kicks the ball, he starts the kicking motion and then the ball just catapults into space. the implication of it seemingly not needing contact with the foot in order to be kicked is that even if you tackle the player a whole second before the ball should be leaving his foot,m the ball still gets 'kicked' .

mario or milla, if you're watching....why?

It's the only glitch I've had, to be honest - I thought I had one where the ball was being knocked on at the ruck but then I realised it was being passed into a player joining the ruck and being knocked on there

The only problem I have with the game is the NH stats - I got chased down (easily) as Charlie Sharples by Richie McCaw :lol:

You think those are bad glitches, take a look at this bad boy...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're experiencing a bug it would be really helpful if you could post here with the platform, game version, details of what happens and how to reproduce it, and any other information you think relevant.

Latest posts