Academy Player
What is everyone's 1-6 order for the 6N then?. i'll go with:
1. France - No Grand Slam
2. England
3. Scotland
4. Ireland
5. Wales
6. Italy

I just have a feeling France will edge it this year. Galthié and Edwards are building an impressive unit and they've got terrific strength in depth in most positions. Ntamack and Vakatawa are injured and looking at their team against Italy it isn't noticeably weaker. As long as Dupont stays injury-free I think France will do it. They have a pack to get the go-forward and a back line that can tear you to pieces. Don't think they will win the GS, I think they'll lose at Twickenham but England will then lose in Ireland meaning France will win it on bonus points.

Think I'd back that choice. England v France will be close, as will Ireland v Scotland but ultimately I think France and Scotland will edge it.

After the abuse I suffered in Swansea while watching the RWC Final, it would bring me unparalleled joy to see Wales beaten by Italy but I can't see it happening.

We should really win this with the draw but I'm totally unconvinced by selection under Farrell, although to give him his dues the rugby has been better when on top.

England
France
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Italy

I'd have Ireland up top if we still had Joe/Farrell does a Gatland

We should really win this with the draw but I'm totally unconvinced by selection under Farrell, although to give him his dues the rugby has been better when on top.

England
France
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Italy

I'd have Ireland up top if we still had Joe/Farrell does a Gatland
Same order for me.

I am a bit worried about a lot of England's key players being rusty but I think we can get by against Scotland beat Italy and Wales.

By the time France come to town in round 4, we might have built a bit more form and I'm not sure I totally agree with Oliver Madden's assessment of their side not being 'noticeably weaker' without Ntamack and Vakatawa. Jalibert is an excellent replacement, but Vakatawa is a genuine game breaker and I'm not sure the likes of Vincent etc. are at the same level.

Going to Dublin on the St. Patrick's day weekend is always a challenge on the final day, but any advantage of a baying home crowd is pretty much negated with no fans in the grounds.

Ireland have a good shout. They should be confident of beating Wales this week given the team sheets and then will face England and France at home.

I think a grand slam is unlikely and England, France and Ireland will probably be separated at the top by bonus points.

Scotland v Wales probably favours the Scots. Italy to spoon as usual.

I'm yet to be convinced by France. I'm always suspicious of hype, and France have had masses of it over the past year. If they can take the ***le this time around, I'll be much more convinced that they are gonna be a force. To do that, they'll need to break at least one of their ducks: they haven't won at Twickers since 2007 (and in the 6N, not since 2005), and they haven't won in Dublin since 2011. They'll need to improve in defence; for all the hype, their defence gave up the second most points in last year's 6N, behind only Italy (and only one point less than they surrendered in the 2019 6N). In attack, everything has run through Dupont and Ntamack. It will be interesting to see how they go with half that tandem missing.

Of course, I might be eating my words come the end of this tournament!:oops:

So who would have prediction this table after the first round? I didnt i expected france england ireland wales scotland italy. With overall France England Ireland Scotland Wales Italy

I think every man and his dog expected England to win but it wasn't to be. If I did my predicted finishing order now it would have a very different look. Scotland could finish in the top two with the fixtures they have. England could easily finish 5th if we don't improve massively. I think with no crowds home advantage is irrelevant this year, it will all come down to ability and confidence. I think the Grand Slam is there for the taking for France. If they turn up in every game and don't shoot themselves in the foot then I think they'll win all the matches. However I thought the same going into their game in Murrayfield last year so who knows.

Latest posts