• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations Official Launch

• Thread starter SaintsFan_Webby
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To EOS - Now that it is plainly obvious that all other teams have 'figured us out', do you have any new direction in which you want to bring the team?

how about a general invite to TRF....

get the printer ready get the flyers. get buisness cards, and whos doing the streak across the pannel with therugbyforum.com on their back?

[warn="Prestwick"]I don't seen any questions being asked there Sambad5...[/warn]

to Nick Mallet:
we know you wathed many matches, visited many (italian and not only) clubs and talked to many coaches and players in the latest months so you probably now have a sharper idea of the state of italian rugby: so, in wich direction do you want to bring the game of the team? are you working mostly for some wins in the short term period or to build a solid team in the medium - long period?

Actually some of Sambad's suggestions were good....
Flyers wouldn't be bad to pass around. Streakers DO always get attention ;)
but yeah, flyers...

and I swear on half of the holy relics on the british isles if you warn me for not asking a question Prestwick, I'll fly over there and give you an old fashioned indian arm burn...hahahaha!

[warn="Prestwick"]I don't seen any questions being asked there O'Rothlain...[/warn]

I plan to write off to the event organisers on Friday morning (GMT), so if anyone has a question they want to submit it'll need to be done pretty sharpish.

Brian Ashton: after england won the 2003 wc with a "old and slow" team, then coming second in 07, again with a rather old team, why has the 6 nations squad consisted largely of the world cup team (barring the retire-ees) and not flooded with youth? surely if teams are getting away with "player resting" in world cup year, that blooding new talent a year after a wc would be ok too?

I know this is slightly oblique, but will someone please plant the seed in the minds of people who can make a difference anyway.

Apologies to those who have heard this all before.

The players obviously no longer have as much space to play with than they used to. This is no coincedence. In the last forty years players have got much bigger, faster, and harder, while human reaction time has stayed as fixed as ever. As has the standard pitch size. The massive increase in injuries is therefore no co-incedence either, as is the midfield congestion and increasing the difficulties faced by referees and people new to the game.

In the same period, the laws have been endlessly tinkered with to tease some more openness and safety from the game. But the one regulation which has never been changed is the minimum pitch size, especially the width.

I realise this would cost a row or two of seats along the touchlines of major grounds, but that would be a small price to pay for the benefits of bringing back the guile of Dawes, Gibson, Duckham, Spencer, Davies and the rest. Centre play which inhabited a period when the ratio of players' presence was in harmony with the size of the pitch. Not to mention the likelihood that repeated impacts would be reduced, with a resulting drop in the number of injuries.

An extra 10 metres to the width of the pitch would work wonders for the game. Ask any wing in the world. I'm sure he would appreciate the point.

I'll be sorting out my ticket, Prest.

[warn="Prestwick"]Bring it Jeff Davis![/warn]

Brian Ashton: What does it feel like to be 121? I mean, that's old. How is the RFU keeping you alive, and how can I get my hands on whatever it is?

Warren Gatland: Why do you applied for the job if you are a New Zealander? Why do you not consider players that do that plays out side of Wales?

Mr Brian Ashton: Do you think that their are coming enough young talent through if u choose a Tongan born player?

Nick Mallet: How is the italian going? hahaha Why dont you try to coach in South Africa again?

To Marc LIEVREMONT

How about getting a French nationality for Brock James ?

The launch is tomorrow, and will attended by myself. I can't guarantee an answer to any of the questions that have been posted up, but I'll be trying my hardest to get whatever information I can for everyone.

Look for the write-up, hopefully including pictures, some time towards the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts