• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skins

W

Wally

Ok this show is the freaking sweet. Was it massive in the Uk? No second series spoilers.

Is the average middle-class English high school really like this? It seems pretty real. Light years ahead of the OC or anything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 3 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is the average middle-class English high school really like this? It seems pretty real. Light years ahead of the OC or anything.[/b]

dont get me wrong. i thought skins was good. but in general... the actors are all really posh. which doesn't really fit. otherwise it's quite realistic of a group of cool kids, slightly indie, and not really interested in having fights. Of course it's an exagerrated school in Bristol, schools in London, exaggerated, are more like this: there's a school scene at the beginning of this movie

I wouldn't say they were middle class at all.

A few of the characters were but not all.

It was fairly massive amongst those it directly related to.

Never been a fan of skins, but you see a lot of students at my school wear them :rolleyes:

I've never heard of this show. What time is it on Wally?

Never seen it, but I can GUARENDAMNTEE it doesn't accurately portray typical school life in England.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 3 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Never seen it, but I can GUARENDAMNTEE it doesn't accurately portray typical school life in England.[/b]

Yeah, it focuses on about five people. None of whom are 'typical'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 3 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed it was. Is it done for good now?[/b]

Theres a series 3 on its way but wont feature series 1 or 2 actors!
[/b][/quote]

:huh: How will that work? I suppose the stories of the current characters have run their course.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 3 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed it was. Is it done for good now?[/b]

Theres a series 3 on its way but wont feature series 1 or 2 actors!
[/b][/quote]

:huh: How will that work? I suppose the stories of the current characters have run their course.
[/b][/quote]
Well the characters are going their separate ways as they've all gone to uni or elsewhere so to track them all would be a bit fragmented and confusing.
They're getting a new batch of college students in for the next 2 series, which I think is a good idea, and can't wait for the new season!

Lies. Michelle was alright, I would've; but Effy is redhot! <strike>even though she's 14</strike>

I keep meaning to watch Teachers to see how accuate that is or isn't as well.

The whole thing is supposed to be a satire on English teenagers. Almost everything in the show is very exaggerated and over the top compared to how things actually are. Some dumbarses then went and copied things they saw on the show though, which undercut the entire point of it.

Definately a very good programme though. Just don't expect as much from the second series, it isn't as good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 3 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I keep meaning to watch Teachers to see how accuate that is or isn't as well.[/b]

teachers isn't supposed to be accurate. But everyone has a teacher they think is a perv. Everyone has one they fancy. Everyone has one who's popular with kids. So the comedy comes from exaggerated characters that people already know.

For Skins, Crazy house parties where everyone is drunk are normal (they were for me anyway), especially in year 10 and 11. They kind of stopped in 6th form when we started going to pubs and clubs instead. All the clubs Skins people go to look to be full of teenagers. Which makes them rubbish. So that part, for me at least, is not so normal... I never see them in the pub either. Plus, Skins do pills at parties which in my humble opinion is very waste. They are special things for very good clubs, not just to get f***ed at someone's house.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 3 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Never been a fan of skins, but you see a lot of students at my school wear them :rolleyes:

I've never heard of this show. What time is it on Wally?[/b]
Mate I heard it used to be on SBS, but I'm not sure if it's still on the air. Defiantly worth a hire if you can track it down. Top show. The English may not be good at much but they make quality programs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 3 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 3 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the average middle-class English high school really like this? It seems pretty real. Light years ahead of the OC or anything.[/b]

dont get me wrong. i thought skins was good. but in general... the actors are all really posh. which doesn't really fit. otherwise it's quite realistic of a group of cool kids, slightly indie, and not really interested in having fights. Of course it's an exagerrated school in Bristol, schools in London, exaggerated, are more like this: there's a school scene at the beginning of this movie
[/b][/quote]
I watched the whole thing and it seemed alright. Is it a good film? Looks like it's part of a trilogy or something.