• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Full contact: thoughts?

I'm not sure that covering different nations in one series works. People are generally just interested in their own nation and will switch off a bit when attention switches to other nations. The Living with Lions was better because it was primarily aimed at one set of fans.
Exactly this. The only time I want to see behind the scenes stuff from other countries is from a schadenfreude point of view.

Exactly this. The only time I want to see behind the scenes stuff from other countries is from a schadenfreude point of view.

Don't get me wrong. I'd happily watch a motivational speech from Faz snr or Gatland especially if there's a few expletives and rockets up arses but other than that all non Scotland stuff is a bit meh to me.

No offence to Borthwick but I'm not sure spine tingling speeches are his forte.

Last edited:
I get that feeling, although I still skipped the LRZ stuff as a welshman, I didnt hate the Porter segment either, he seems a nice guy, and i had some really pity for Luke Varney, crying after the Wales loss.

In all though, it just wasnt very interesting, Russell comes across as an arse, Genge was cringe inducing, as was the Crowley whinge with his missus.

I think this will be a flop tbh

I get that feeling, although I still skipped the LRZ stuff as a welshman, I didnt hate the Porter segment either, he seems a nice guy, and i had some really pity for Luke Varney, crying after the Wales loss.

In all though, it just wasn't very interesting, Russell comes across as an arse, Genge was cringe inducing, as was the Crowley whinge with his missus.

I think this will be a flop tbh

It will flop most likely.
I feel that the reality is most rugby fans are terrible when it comes to supporting the sport as a whole.

As said already rugby fans will just want to have their own nation show, and even then most of their own supporters will hate watch it.

Most rugby fans don't understand that if they want more people to watch rugby, and rugby to develop more investment from extra media coverage then this sort of thing is the kind of thing that's needed.

1st episode was the weakest. It's getting better overall though.

Genge is cringe. No wonder England suffered that record defeat to France when he was captain!

What's everyone's problem with Genge? Why does everyone think what he says is "cringe"?
I dont think many people dislike Genge, but it was a bit cringey, listening to a guy talk about how special his journey was.
Inspiration doesnt work like that, and in the context of the private school plum in mouth England squad, well most rugby fans dont associate with that in Wales certainly, none of the council house Charlie's will talk about their 'struggle'

The reason I find Genge slightly cringey is that he always talks about how different he is and what an outsider he is, yet this time last year he was captaining England; he's very clearly admired and respected within the group. Once you know that then the whole wrong-side-of-the-track shtick just comes off as if he's trying a bit too hard to be edgy. Just seems like he has a very big chip on his shoulder.

The reason I find Genge slightly cringey is that he always talks about how different he is and what an outsider he is, yet this time last year he was captaining England; he's very clearly admired and respected within the group. Once you know that then the whole wrong-side-of-the-track shtick just comes off as if he's trying a bit too hard to be edgy. Just seems like he has a very big chip on his shoulder.
I mean he's pretty honest about the chip on his shoulder

He doesn't hide it

I liked the series for what it is tbh. Tried to ignore any preconceptions I have and not to expect anything massively detailed, it was entertaining really.

A couple small details I really liked too thrown in that I felt were for more avid fans.

Finn Russel comparing himself to Messi and also in the post England review Tandy is showing clips and bigging Russell up and Russell looks round as if to be like yeah that's right I'm the best. lol.

I liked the Negri stuff. I didn't actually know that he was choking on his tongue and Genge helped him out.

Of all the players covered I thought Negri came across the best.

I don't get the suggestion that the series got better as it got on. I thought it was pretty much the same throughout - maybe people didn't like the first episode because it was more Scotland/Russell focussed and people don't want to be reminded of them winning at Twickenham. Not a criticism - I might feel the same if it heavily covered England winning at Murrayfield.

Last edited:
Of all the players covered I thought Negri came across the best.

I don't get the suggestion that the series got better as it got on. I thought it was pretty much the same throughout - maybe people didn't like the first episode because it was more Scotland/Russell focussed and people don't want to be reminded of them winning at Twickenham. Not a criticism - I might feel the same if it heavily covered England winning at Murrayfield.

I liked the Negri one the most as well.

Second part of your post doesn't make sense considering a later episode has the thrashing by France. Which was way worse than the Scotland loss imo.

I liked the Negri one the most as well.

Second part of your post doesn't make sense considering a later episode has the thrashing by France. Which was way worse than the Scotland loss imo.

I haven't got that far yet.

In any case from what I've seen I think the series has been consistent throughout in terms of viewing quality.

I just found it funny. You could see he had his tongue in his cheek when he made the comment so I took it as banter but with an air of "many true words spoken in jest" kind of thing.

He was probably hoping Messi would tweet him or slide into his DMs but Messi probably thought who is this spaghetti armed beer drinking curfew breaker who's only on a measly £1m per year.

Latest posts