• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Slade heading to Pau

But we have a transfers thread for that don't we?

Should we open a thread for every interesting Transfer then? because i'd quite like to discuss any number of the transfers that occur each month.

I don't think this thread could have gone any other way really, it was always going to end up in a haves and have not's discussion.

My take on the transfer threads are that they are there for a record of players transfers. I think people should feel free to open a thread to discuss any one players transfer (ideally avoiding some of the same old tropes we always fall into).

My take on the transfer threads are that they are there for a record of players transfers. I think people should feel free to open a thread to discuss any one players transfer (ideally avoiding some of the same old tropes we always fall into).

That's how I understand it as well.

I think transfers between teams that play in the same league doesn't need a thread on it's own, but when it's a player from the SH moving to the NH or vice versa, like Michalak or Hernandez, then it warrants a thread on its own.

That's how I understand it as well.

I think transfers between teams that play in the same league doesn't need a thread on it's own, but when it's a player from the SH moving to the NH or vice versa, like Michalak or Hernandez, then it warrants a thread on its own.

Why are we discussing whether to open a thread or not! Surely it is everyone's right to open one if they think it worthy? If others believe it is not it will soon fall into disuse or struggle on for the vanity of the opener (the latter being true of my Pro 2 threads!!!!)

Why are we discussing whether to open a thread or not! Surely it is everyone's right to open one if they think it worthy? If others believe it is not it will soon fall into disuse or struggle on for the vanity of the opener (the latter being true of my Pro 2 threads!!!!)

Well a question was asked as to why a thread was started regarding a specific player's transfer, and I and others responded to that question. I don't think any of us made a decision that the ways in which threads are started are incorrect or whatever along those lines. I merely commented with how my interpretation was on how I saw most people started threads on this forum with regards to transfer news. I'm in no position to dictate to anyone on how they should implement the "Start-a-thread" procedure. I just said on how I am doing it and how I see others are doing it.

it is, and it should remain so, but then i think it's a bit unfair to criticise people for just going where the conversation naturally goes - it's not like these points are off topic and are very much in the center of the move and the conversation was always going to end up focusing on money vs lifestyle vs country.

Though i agree the petty insults are not needed.

"Though i agree the petty insults are not needed."

try telling that to the people who start throwing them, then whinge when there is retaliation.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts