• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Snow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 8 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 8 2010, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love this snow. I reckon if we get enough then this country might fix up and realise that - wait for it - we're on the same f***ing latitude as Siberia.[/b]

There is, however, that little thing called the Gulf Stream which gives us mild weather...unlike Siberia.
[/b][/quote]

True. Still, I don't think we've any right to be shocked when it's cold. Snow and freezing temperatures are a major news item in this country, but over the winter they should be considered normal, because they are normal. I live in London, which is hotter than anywhere else in Britain and consequently gets less snow. Yet we still have at least 1 decent snowfall every year. So, we should be able to bloody cope with it, because it's not a completely unexpected event.

Snow and cold temeperatures are part of Britain's natural cycle, just like flooding, strong winds and the odd heatwave are. This means we should be prepared for them when they happen. It's not difficult - in Japan they have to prepare for earthquakes and all sorts of other things and they manage. We're lucky that floods are about as bad as we get.

Managed to make it 120miles back to Abeystwyth (i say "managed" but the roads were perfectly fine/clear, just snow on the sides of the road), only for the last 5-10m of the hill i park at the top of to be covered in black ice, and am unable to drive up it =/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 8 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Managed to make it 120miles back to Abeystwyth (i say "managed" but the roads were perfectly fine/clear, just snow on the sides of the road), only for the last 5-10m of the hill i park at the top of to be covered in black ice, and am unable to drive up it =/[/b]
Glad to hear it Olyy. I'm almost certain I'm gonna attempt the 250miles to Lincoln tomorrow, before I'm snowed in till sometime next week with the snow forecast Sunday.

Southampton is due to get a solid load of snow over Saturday Night, all of Sunday and Monday Morning. This waether sucks, bring on Spring

Well lets see whether we get more Snow tomorrow, we are on a high warning in Bournemouth for tomorrow night... still got about an inch outside of the flat!

It's all gone here in Lincoln. Managed to get back Sat without problems, but now I don't need to travel and can enjoy some snow it all melts straight away.

We've had warnings saying it'll come in thick and fast tomorrow afternoon in the southwest of Britain.

There were 'severe weather warnings' for my area today, but nothing happened - at least, not yet. The school basically put on its website: Come to school, well don't, but in the afternoon we'll probably be arranging for you to go home, so don't.

I'm caught in two minds, as I need to go to school for revision help, but on the other hand I don't care. :s

I was getting tired of the news being all about the weather too, but now that it's about another possible Serial Killer I wouldn't mind hearing about how many centimetres of snow fell where. At least it's not a paedophile or kid killer this time, this country's reputation is f***ed anyway but still. On a brighter note, we're almost out of beer.

I don't have classes until mid February, January is reserved for exams, since mine aren't scheduled until the last two weeks (so, starting next week) I haven't really gone anywhere for quite a while. The few times I stepped outside made me realise that's not a bad thing at all, I can handle warmth better than I can cold.

Well, the snow got me last night. In a car crash in my mates car, got hit 4 times by 2 different cars. My neck is killing me.

Yeah, we all got out OK. All got similar injuries, sore necks, bruises etc, the usual fare for a car crash, though I had an asthma attack. It was a bad un because it was on a hill, and our car spun side on. Another 6 foot and we would have been in trouble because we'd have gone careering into a lampost. Whiplash does genuinely hurt though, I'll say that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 13 2010, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was getting tired of the news being all about the weather too, but now that it's about another possible Serial Killer I wouldn't mind hearing about how many centimetres of snow fell where. At least it's not a paedophile or kid killer this time, this country's reputation is f***ed anyway but still.[/b]
Your reputation was always f***ed ... at least in French :p

Man bites dog!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 14 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, we all got out OK. All got similar injuries, sore necks, bruises etc, the usual fare for a car crash, though I had an asthma attack. It was a bad un because it was on a hill, and our car spun side on. Another 6 foot and we would have been in trouble because we'd have gone careering into a lampost. Whiplash does genuinely hurt though, I'll say that.[/b]

A friend of mine once gave himself a whiplash while we were simply walking somewhere, he had the habit of making his neck snap, like some people snap their knuckles (used to do that too,) and at one point he stopped moving his head. Had to take him to hospital because he was in genuine pain (thought he was joking at first,) even the doctor was surprised at how he got it.
Meaning: at least you got yours in a 'serious' way.
I'm guessing that means you're walking around with one of those big fluffy collar bandages? Hope you'll get better soon, don't spend too much time staring at a computer screen if you can avoid it.

Snow is melting away completely!

Our reputation is f***ed on both sides of the language border. A shame really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 15 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Our reputation is f***ed on both sides of the language border. A shame really.[/b]
Nooo! Have fun and tell the world to shag off. They are all worse than you - really.

The snow seems to be over for Southampton, not that we had much, on Sunday we should see 8 degrees!!

A heatwave warning.

Latest posts