• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sonny Bill Williams News + Progress in ITM Cup

One of the reasons SBW has a good chance of making the AB's is that his style of play - keeping the ball alive by taking it to the line and then offloading - really suits the AB's gameplan at the moment. At half-time in the last Bledisloe cup match they highlighted the number of offloads each team had made - it was something like 12 to the AB's and 2 to the Wallabies (despite the Wallabies dominating possession).

Does anyone know whether SBW played many games for Toulon at anywhere other than at 12? The ability to cover several positions (such as 13 and wing) could really add to his value. I expect he may make his Canterbury debut this week against North Harbour, though probably from the bench.

Samoan descent maybe. Born and bred in NZ. Mt Albert I believe. Thats about as Samoan as India.

He's still Samoan though thats why he's got a taulima (Samoan tattoo) to let people recognize what he is. I know a lot of Samoans born in New Zealand you ask them what they are they'll tell you in a heartbeat that they're Samoan.

One of the reasons SBW has a good chance of making the AB's is that his style of play - keeping the ball alive by taking it to the line and then offloading - really suits the AB's gameplan at the moment. At half-time in the last Bledisloe cup match they highlighted the number of offloads each team had made - it was something like 12 to the AB's and 2 to the Wallabies (despite the Wallabies dominating possession).

Does anyone know whether SBW played many games for Toulon at anywhere other than at 12? The ability to cover several positions (such as 13 and wing) could really add to his value. I expect he may make his Canterbury debut this week against North Harbour, though probably from the bench.

He played at centre last season, and even had a game in the loose forwards, to not much success from what I heard.

just saw that hoped i would post it :)

yeah in wellington for work, but wanting to move back... and soon :)

Sonny Bill Williams finally gonna get some game time tonight?

I think they're talking about giving him 15-20min tonight against B.O.P. Yeah I hope someone BOP's him around the head from making everybody wait so long.

Fingers crossed...really anticipating his return. Played really well for Toulon, now hopefullyt he'll do the same with Canterbury.

He got about 60 lol, Ryan Crotty injured his ankle so on went SBW. Played pretty solid too, nothing flash but he was good on attack and defense.

yeah eh, he wasn't too bad. saw glimpses of his skill, those offloads are going to be amazing when he makes the All Blacks, he'll be able to just throw the ball in the air and 3 guys will be there off his shoulder to catch it.

there was way too much kicking in this game, so was kinda boring.

those offloads are going to be amazing when he makes the All Blacks
Apart from when he's up against stronger sides he won't get the opportunity ;)
Imagine him offloading all game, but with JDV and Habana hanging around the the side waiting for the intercept try :p

Every match,
Have you watched Habana? That's one of the reasons he's been underperforming so badly, because he's going for the intercept all the time

i reckon he's a good rugby player, but not good enough to make the all blacks.

i don't see SBW breaking up a nonu/smith combo that's already so effective at setting up tries, however i could see SBW being used as a super sub by using his size and pace to take advantage of tired teams. that would be pretty effective.

Terrible game. He didn't show any reason at all why he should make the team over Robert Fruean. Not saying SBW's is bad, he didn't do much to be considered bad, it's just Fruean showed why he's AB material.

Latest posts