• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sonny Bill Williams News + Progress in ITM Cup

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/3930856/Sonny-Bill-Williams-opts-to-play-for-Belfast
Confirmed!
The former rugby league star had minor surgery on his knee three weeks ago and his first game of rugby union in New Zealand is expected to be for Belfast.
"I see that he's back jogging now, after his keyhole surgery, and it just depends on how his rehabilitation goes. We've got about four games left and it'd be fantastic for the community if he could play one of them, exactly the same as when Dan Carter played for Southbridge last season," Rowe said.

Yeah, it'll be good to see how he goes with club rugby.

I have serious reservations about MacAlister in the 12 or 13 jersey. I do not believe his defence in the midfield is up to the mark at International level.

Most Kiwis will remember that MacAlister was at 12 in the 2007 RWC quarter final loss to France, but what some might not remember is that he played at 13 when we lost to Australia in Melbourne earlier in the same year. In three of the four tries that were scored against us in those two matches (two in each match), he was out of position in the midfield, and in the fourth one (in Melbourne) he missed an easy tackle on Mortlock.

we were winning when he was at 12 for the that game, but in the second half he moved to 10, after carter and evans went off injured

I just want SBW's knee to be fixed already. I don't want to wait until mid to late next month. Will he reach this AB jersey he so desperatly wants?

I just want SBW's knee to be fixed already. I don't want to wait until mid to late next month. Will he reach this AB jersey he so desperatly wants?

True aih...damn man just found out now Sonnys not playing.

I think people are going to be disappointed when he does start playing. SBWs been built up to be the second coming of Ed Fairhurst or something. He's a good player, but he's not the best.

I think people are going to be disappointed when he does start playing. SBWs been built up to be the second coming of Ed Fairhurst or something. He's a good player, but he's not the best.

SBW would dominate Fairhurst in every area but finance...it is that arena and that arena alone where Fairhurst would wield his lightening mathematic prowess upon the forehead of Sonny-Bill. However, SBW would just land a massive, crunching tackle on Ed and poor Fairhurst would lose the capacity to count to 4.

Hold on now...fairhurst is no small man by any stretch of the imagination ...6.0ft and 94Kgs ...sonny bill might find himself in the mud looking up at our lord Ed..still unable to count to 4 :p

Same way there is a perth in Scotland and one in Australia dear..places can have the same name but be on entirely different parts of the world

Yeah, it's the first tourist place after Dover when entering the UK via boat from Calais/ Ostend.

It's full of, as most of South East England (excluding most of London) of Tory-voting, Radio 4 listening, Queens English speaking toffs.

Wooooooooh I live in Canterbury in Kent - that is because I am at university there. Not that many Queens English speaking toffs as you would think, I was quite shocked when I first arrived.

Latest posts