• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sonny Bill Williams News + Progress in ITM Cup

They should give him a chance already, everybody I know is waiting for him. He'll put people in seats, more people watching Canterbury on TV, off the field Sonny is already creating interest.

They should give him a chance already, everybody I know is waiting for him. He'll put people in seats, more people watching Canterbury on TV, off the field Sonny is already creating interest.
They're not holding him back, they're making sure he has recovered fully from his surgery. It'd suck if he was payed as much as he was, and then injured himself for most of the 2010 season.

They're not holding him back, they're making sure he has recovered fully from his surgery. It'd suck if he was payed as much as he was, and then injured himself for most of the 2010 season.

Correct.

Canterbury are making sure they get what they are paying for him. I really hope he lives up to expectations. He was pretty outstanding for Toloun and hopefully he can show some of that skill in the ITM and hopefully an All Black jersey.

Correct.

Canterbury are making sure they get what they are paying for him. I really hope he lives up to expectations. He was pretty outstanding for Toloun and hopefully he can show some of that skill in the ITM and hopefully an All Black jersey.

Very true and sensible...its just me and my mates been waiting for Sonny to jump on and do his thing. Didnt see him much when he was playing for Toulon (a few 30 second highlights here in there) but its good you say Cymro that he was outstanding so thats good news. Cant wait, big fan I am.

Very true and sensible...its just me and my mates been waiting for Sonny to jump on and do his thing. Didnt see him much when he was playing for Toulon (a few 30 second highlights here in there) but its good you say Cymro that he was outstanding so thats good news. Cant wait, big fan I am.

Trust me man I cannot wait to see SBW playing in the ITM.

Sonny-Bill Williams makes his debut for Belfast Rugby Club in NZ
4002829.jpg

They were not disappointed as the one-time star of the NRL put in a classy sort of 49 minutes, capped by a go-ahead second-half try, and helped inspire his Belfast club to a 22-7 victory over Lincoln University in the Christchurch club competition.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/4002076/Sonny-Bill-Williams-feels-the-NZ-rugby-love
A good mate of mine's father is on the board at Belfast, and apparently everyone is well-pleased with his performance, attitude and ability. Really excited to see him move up to Canterbury, then the AB's!

He looks huge in that picture, his head looks tiny on those shoulders

Glad to hear he did well though, will be interesting to see him in the ITM and eventually the Super15, as playing in the NRL and Top 14 then in that comp is a bit of a step down

He looks huge in that picture, his head looks tiny on those shoulders

Glad to hear he did well though, will be interesting to see him in the ITM and eventually the Super15, as playing in the NRL and Top 14 then in that comp is a bit of a step down
True, but he's trying to put in his dues (if only for appearance sake) as the skeptical kiwis never saw him play in the Top 14.

To be honest I dont care if he doesnt do too well in his first game, I still support him. Lets go SBW!!!

Needs to hit the ground running and done so. Hopefully he will do the biz ... otherwise I'm going to criticised loads.

I still cant beleive he was playing for my old club (pretty much across the road from my parents) and i couldnt go and watch! And right next to my school, its the biggest news to hit that small suburb of Christchurch, like, ever!

sucks being in wellington.

Good video that,

I don't understand the big hype with him, tbh. I was a big fan of him at Bulldogs, as he was quality. Is that why people are so hyped? Normally NRL converts don't get as many fans as this.
I mean, he was solid in France, but not the best 12 in the Top 14.
I think people are expecting way too much of him, and when he gets to Super rugby will be decent, but not spectacular, and a lot of people will be disappointed

Good video that,

I don't understand the big hype with him, tbh. I was a big fan of him at Bulldogs, as he was quality. Is that why people are so hyped? Normally NRL converts don't get as many fans as this.
I think people are expecting way too much of him, and when he gets to Super rugby will be decent, but not spectacular, and a lot of people will be disappointed

He was one of the best in the Top 14. Matured really well at the end of the season, he showed this in his display against the Blues in the Amlin Cup Final.

Good video that,

Your an absolute killjoy Olyy, not good news at all. I do however appreciate your honest opinions.

It's what i'm here for :p

Don't get me wrong, i love SBW, i think he's a good player, and i like his style of play, but he won't stand out in the S15, and I'll be surprised if he makes the All Blacks before Nonu retires

Latest posts