• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sorry guys, this game is poor

Sean43, I can understand your thoughts entirely! All you've done is look at a few videos, read a couple of positive reviews (mine included), and you can't be expected to make your mind up on that! If I was in your shoes, I'd think exactly the same! The appalling Rugby 2004 helped all of us Rugby gaming fans to keep open minds and not get too excited about the prospect of another Rugby game from EA and HB Studios!

I have no doubt in my mind that most of the people on this forum will think that RUGBY 2005 is the best thing in the world ever. Others, however, will not! There will be those people who are expecting the world with this game, and they will be let down! Rugby 2005 is NOT the greatest sports game ever to appear, nor is it the worst (I think we all know which one THAT could be!!!
<
) but it's a damn fine Rugby game!

Thing is, opinions differ wildy and it'll be no exception when it comes to Rugby05! The only time you can say whether you like the game is when you have played it! If I'd have saw JLR on a screen, for 5 minutes, I would've thought.... ugh! That looks crap! However, totally different story after playing it.... and playing it and playing it for years!

When I first defended on Rugby 05, I thought...uck! this is crap!!! I was diving wildly all over the place and missing, until I came to a point where I found out that it was better to move up with the AI line and tackle as a team, rather than rushing in to make every tackle! It does take more time to get used to Rugby 2005 than NRL, WCR etc, but you'll find that the enjoyment you'll get from it if you devote enough time to it, will be immense!

So keep up the posts on the forum, and let us know just what you think after you've played it!

I appreciate the response locksley and I will give my views fully when I have played it. But like I said, a lot of people expect too much of this game and they will be utterly dissappointed

Similarly, a lot of people think this game will be disappointing without having played it, yet may be pleasantly surprised.

// However I cannot see this game being very addictive because I know for sure a lot of people will find out how to cheat the game

^^^ this type of comment is pointless. People cheat EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME. That has nothing to do with whether the game has merit or not.

Don't pretend to have a balanced view of something and yet present that view otherwise.

EG:
"sorry guys, this game sucks and you'll all be sorry"
"have you played the game?"
"no but I watched compressed 3rd generation video grabs and I saw a stranger play the game for 5 mins. Trust me. It's rubbish"

//It is up to you who you want to believe but i have viewed all the videos posted on here and up unitl tues morning I had not made my mind up.

^^^ this kind of setiment is fine and makes perfect sense. Unfortunately you follow it up with this:

//I dont mind if people dont believe me all I am trying to say is that this game is going to be another dissappointed to us all

A baseless "definitive" statement .

In short - you may be a moron, but you're intitled to your opinion.

Originally posted by lemon@Feb 18 2005, 11:20 AM
In short - you may be a moron, but you're intitled to your opinion.

How very constructive Lemon
<
This guy has voiced his opinion and it varys from our hopes, so, of course we insult him. I think he's trying to say that he had high hopes for this game, maybe as high as we're all starting to get, and then when he saw it, it was less awesome than he hoped, so he thought it sucked.

That happens all the time, if you go into anything with over-hyped expectations, it can look bad. That's probably all that's happened to Sean. He may be trying to avoid that feeling happening to anyone else. It's his right. this is only one thread out of dozens.

Maybe we should all take something good out of what he has said and SLIGHTLY lower our expectations, and then when it comes out it will be BETTER than we hoped rather than worse with too much hype.

Think about it, there is sense there, a lot more than in name-calling.

or go by this motto

believe half of what u see and nothing of what u hear

ie ur eyes can sometimes deceive u, but more often than not, gossip is false

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 18 2005, 11:38 AM
How very constructive Lemon
<
Hahaha. I post like 20 constructive lines and you quote the ONE LINE where I have a wee dig and accuse me of not being constructive.

Here's something constructive for you:

Read my post.

Bleh......Way too many huge responses for me to even say anything that has not been said as of yet, BUT.

I will say this, the once thing he listed there that caught my eye was him saying that the tackling was shite (or something to that extent).

I've seen every damn video posted on this site and there is no way in hell that the tackling animations are even remotely close to shite!

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 09:37 AM
I appreciate the response locksley and I will give my views fully when I have played it. But like I said, a lot of people expect too much of this game and they will be utterly dissappointed
This is true, if people's expectations are too high then they will be disappointed - its a bit like going to see a movie. If everyone is raving about it before, and you think its gong to be the best thing ever, 9 times out 10 you' ll be disappointed.

For those who have high expectations go and read the nitpicking thread on this forum, and come back down to earth! Then you might be happy with the game when it comes out!

Jimmy! That is exactly what I was saying earlier! Its probably what this Sean guy was trying to say when he started this thread.
I am really looking forward to this game, more than any other this year, but I also realise what high expectations can do.
Although look above to see what happens if you say it might be best to be cautiously optimistic.
It's going to seem even better for me than most as I'm expecting to find several flaws. If it ain't that bad then I'll be more pleased than those expecting it be mind blowingly awesome.

Hi all,

My first post so don't crucify me. Have not played game nor seen videos, however having seen list of ****les in another thread and remember enthusiasm for WCR and 2004 before release so i am not convinced that this game be what i ahoping for. Will not stop me buying on day of release and playing for 10 straight hours but my experience of rugby games (except JLR) has been one of mild or maddening disappointment. I hope this changes with 2005 but am not holding my breath...

S

Yep, thats pretty sensible to me Sorp. I mean, it may well be the best you'll play all year, but at least your keeping it in perspective until you play it.

Originally posted by Sorp222@Feb 18 2005, 10:20 PM
maddening disappointment
<

Madden.........ing disappointment?

For your first post on TRF you may well be our first prophet if the game is on Maddens level. Which is a very high level even during a disappointing year. I certainly hope so
<

Originally posted by Sorp222@Feb 18 2005, 10:20 PM
Have not played game nor seen videos
Sorp, welcome to the forum.

Find it in your power to watch the vids (I haven't played the game yet either) but it is lightyears ahead of Rugby 2004.

Granted, with the many ****le and nay-saying threads -- it's not looking to be the perfect game -- but, it's looking to be pretty special*.

* = Final judgement to be reserved when the disc is in my machine.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 19 2005, 07:07 AM
but it is lightyears ahead of Rugby 2004.
anythings light years ahead of rugby 04...uhh super mario...alex the kid...pacman even.....stop mentioning ITS name...it haunts me foreva
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 19 2005, 11:29 AM
.....stop mentioning ITS name...it haunts me foreva
<
<
<

Hey Chiro...remember last year when..........sorry

Back on topic, no too boring now. Sorry all, just procrastinating from work with nothing to post. Except next week I am getting a laptop and going on the Mobile Broadband network, my wife has got 2 Lions tickets to the Eden Park test in the ASB stand, someone very very famous is coming to my place of work this month, and I have the R2005 game right now.

Well the last one was wishful thinking.

Absolutely

And she is giving it to her DAD!!!!! So he can go with HIS mate!!!

When she was at Auckland Uni in the mid '90s she was like "Miss Popular" and has all these contacts all over the place. Last week I had to go on about how Lions test tickets were almost impossible to get (hello!!! They put you in a ballot!). So just to show off to me she says "I'm gonna get some for my Dad cos he's never seen the AB's play (He's seen the Blues and Hurricanes). I laugh though I know that I am laughing in vain, she contacts one of her ex GUY mates who is in high places at Red Tickets (or something) and he falls over himself (he can fall over my foot!) arranging the tickets in that glorious ASB stand (as well as asking my wife why she doesn't keep in contact the punk!).

Though I may see if I can get her to wink at him if it means getting another ticket for me (oh the things we do for rugby!)

Oh man! That stinks! Her DAD? I mean, okay, cool for her dad and stuff it is her dad, afterall -- but he's taking a friend???? Not the son-in-law? What? Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man.

Dude, you gotta get to that game. Deny her sex til she gets you a ticket.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 19 2005, 12:16 PM
Dude, you gotta get to that game. Deny her sex til she gets you a ticket.
<
<
<

Look big boy super hero..what works in America is too big for our little country. Besides I never liked Eden Park as much as I liked watching it on TV.

You seem very keen C.A for someone that lives far away in a gentile anti-monarchic country. I mean..you seem a bit eager for someone who doesn't have a stake in the series between the Lion and one of her upstart cubs. In fact I have never seen such devotion from a third to last tier country
<

Hmmm..such devotion never seen before since the days of Christ with the Roman soldier. I think it is you who is deserving of a ticket. As the Christ thrice said.."Ask, and you will recieve"

Latest posts