• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa in Australia

A

An Tarbh

South Africa have made a more than decent start to this test match, currently restricting the Aussies to 200-5 at the moment, but more importantly getting Ponting and Hussey out for a duck. Not quite as good as 15-3 but I'm sure they'd have taken it if offered at the start of play.

Let's hope this isn't their only good day of the series.

Could be a crucial wicket there for South Africa, provided they can pick up the rest cheaply. Symonds was looking well set to make a big score, pressure on Hadden now.

well that was a peach of a delivery from Morkel to finish the day off.

Still though you'd think advantage Australia with them on 341-9.

haha i was so looking forward to the cricket.. but i couldnt get off the 360 all day!!

First ball i watched though was a Ponting golden duck!

How good of a bowler is Ntini? Just looked today and he has 379 wickets. :eek: A remarkable career so far for the first black cricketer for south africa and he's only going to get better. He is 50 away from taking over Shaun Pollocks record for the most wickets for the South African in test cricket.

things set up pretty nicely in Perth. Australia have set South Africa 414 to win, SA are 124-1 currently. Plenty of time left this evening and if the weather is fine tomorrow then more than enough time for either result.

Can SA chase down another massive total against the Aussies, this time in a test match?

So 187 in 91 overs at least with 7 wickets still intact. Good to see Kallis going at a decent rate, if he gets dogged down and goes through a spell similar to where he made 2 runs in however many deliveries and his wicket falls then you'd expect Australia to wrap it up fairly handily as they don't have the batting depth of the Aussies.

I hope they get up and win. Will be 2nd best all time run chase if they can pull it off.

So I guess we won aye. With 6 wickets in hand no less. AB De Villiers is really coming of age.

Yeah that was an awesome victory for the Proteas :bravo: .

SA has named there squad for the 2 Twenty20s and 5 ODIs

http://www.supersport.co.za/cricket/articl...s&id=282317

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
South African Standard Bank squad: Graeme Smith (Nashua Cape Cobras, capt), Johan Botha (Chevrolet Warriors, vice-capt), Hashim Amla (Nashua Dolphins), Mark Boucher (Chevrolet Warriors), AB de Villiers (Nashua ***ans), JP Duminy (Nashua Cape Cobras), Herschelle Gibbs (Nashua Cape Cobras), Jacques Kallis (Chevrolet Warriors), Albie Morkel (Nashua ***ans), Morne Morkel (Nashua ***ans), Makhaya Ntini (Chevrolet Warriors), Wayne Parnell (Chevrolet Warriors), Dale Steyn (Nashua ***ans), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Chevrolet Warriors), Vaughn van Jaarsveld (bizhub Highveld Lions).[/b]

Three new names in Wayne Parnell, Lonwabo Tsotsobe and Vaughn van Jaarsveld and they have recalled "Mr.Dronkie" himself Herschelle Gibbs :blink: ,lets just hope he stays sober and out of the clubs and scores more runs then traffic fines :p .

I really think SA got a chance of winning the test and odi series down-under,there is no better time then now,the Aussies are hurting from the series loss in India and also have new players so this is the perfect time for SA to win a series in Australia I feel.

I hear this Vaughn van Jaarsveld fellow is future star. Any avid cricket followers know much about him?
I hear he has been tearing it up on the domestic scene.

Heard something today on SuperSport that Vaughn van Jaarsveld deserves to be in the squad,he has a batting average of 70 something and can also be back up as a wicket-keeper.

The Aussies are 280 for 6 at stumps on the first day of the second test.

Thought Ponting played well for his century and what a brilliant catch by Kallis to remove Symonds?

I just hope they can get Clarke out early on the second day and then finish up the tale quickly, then we should have lots of time to hopefully build a massive 1st - innings

well Lee is looking well set and you'd imagine Clarke won't be as conservative as he was yesterday so worrying start to the day for South Africa.

well that was a timely wicket for South Africa, Lee looked to be in the mood to make more than a few runs, problem is Johnson is no mug either

sing someone's praises and they let you down, Johnson gone for a duck, South Africa look well set to keep Australia below 350 now.

Classy innings from Clarke which has probably put Australia in control now. Great support from Siddle as well.

Australia well and truly in control now, bet MacKenzie is really kicking himself now over that dropped catch of Ponting, made even worse by the fact that he then went and made a duck.

I wasn't too confident for South Africa's chances once Amla went, he looked to be in good nick and had the makings of a big score but somehow Symonds managed to hold the catch and all that after escaping a run out not long before. Difference between the sides, Ponting goes on to make a century whereas Amla only gets 19.

What a crap day for SA!MacKenzie is a useless piece of ****, don't think he has scored 50 runs combined in his last 3 test matches

Boeta Dippenaar is a much better player

Latest posts