• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

If Curry, Itoje and Lawes are firing on all cylinders today and not giving away silly penalties, the win will be double or more than last week

Good luck to both teams today - side show aside I hope for a nice tight game.

Im extremely nervous and these lay 4 hours cannot go quick enough!

Good luck to both teams today - side show aside I hope for a nice tight game.

Im extremely nervous and these lay 4 hours cannot go quick enough!
I'm nervous too and agree the game must just start. I will attempt to ramp up my alcoholic beverage consumption in these four hours to see if it makes a difference.

Where I disagree with you is hoping for a close game. I hope we win it in a runaway. I think it's gonna be extremely close going into the last few minutes but I will not wish for it to be close. My nerves won't handle it.

I have provisionally apologised to everyone that if I become a bit rude tonight they must understand I am distraught because of a series loss and will be better left alone.

If we win and keep the series alive its a very different story.

May the refs be unbiased today. May Gatland apologise for questioning the integrity of the Referees. And may there be no cards given todaym

This will be the most physical test in International rugby.

I think the Lions take this one. I don't understand the Bok's changes to the front row and I think it will hurt them. Unless they find a way to unlock their backline it's going to be another tight slugfest that the Lions eek out.

The bookmakers certainly can't split the teams. Most have both sides at around 1/1, with 20/1 the draw. The handicap betting gives SA a 1 point start.

I've had a few quid on Luke Cowan-Dickie to be the first tryscorer at 12/1, I reckon that's a decent value bet.

I think the Lions take this one. I don't understand the Bok's changes to the front row and I think it will hurt them. Unless they find a way to unlock their backline it's going to be another tight slugfest that the Lions eek out.
The boks play their front rows as a unit. Kitshoff and Malherbe train as a unit. Nche and Nyakane train as a unit. If one comes off the other does too, to keep cohesion.

They had to change it as Nche got injured after Curry illegally tackled him from the side at the breakdown.

So they had to bring in Koch to partner Nyakane. Since they have not trained as a unit as much as Malherbe and Kitshoff it makes sense that Kitshoff and Malherbe are starting.

The Nche injury also explains why they were both substituted at halftime in the first test. Nche at halftime displayed signs of injury.

The boks play their front rows as a unit. Kitshoff and Malherbe train as a unit. Nche and Nyakane train as a unit. If one comes off the other does too, to keep cohesion.

They had to change it as Nche got injured after Curry illegally tackled him from the side at the breakdown.

So they had to bring in Koch to partner Nyakane. Since they have not trained as a unit as much as Malherbe and Kitshoff it makes sense that Kitshoff and Malherbe are starting.

The Nche injury also explains why they were both substituted at halftime in the first test. Nche at halftime displayed signs of injury.
damn... Surprised the Nche injury hasn't been a bigger talking point (well we've had so much bullshit from both coaching staffs to distract us from stuff that matters). That really sucks for the Boks, maybe a little flexibility would help.

The bookmakers certainly can't split the teams. Most have both sides at around 1/1, with 20/1 the draw. The handicap betting gives SA a 1 point start.

I've had a few quid on Luke Cowan-Dickie to be the first tryscorer at 12/1, I reckon that's a decent value bet.
You should have shopped around, LCD is 15.5/1 on betfair.
I was on him last week @ 17/1

Who are the Hamish loving Curry critics on here? I haven't seen any TBH. The Mish tip tackle was extremely out of character. His disciplinary record is exemplary and his tackle technique is usually spot on. I just think he came off the bench and was a bit overexuberant in that moment. Same probably goes for Curry with his late hit on Faf straight after kick off. Can happen when the adrenalin is pumping.
Think there was one of two in the first thread post match also watched a couple of YouTube videos from the rugby analyst seeming surprised that Curry was retained over Watson, I'd actually take both and don't think either are dirty players, Watsons tip was clearly accidental timing and one of those things, he didn't continue to drive him into the ground, but those factors probably 8/10 probably don't change the cards, my point was only that u can't compare Curry and Watsons performance and use Currys discipline against him based on last weeks game without factoring in the top tackle, which seemed to occur.

Kinda torn here. On the one hand would like there to be a decider but a Lions win today means we'll see the likes of Russell, Smith, Simmonds etc chuck the ball around more next Saturday.

1573586921263-sdfdsfdsfds.jpeg

Kwagga Smith's face

They could've at least gotten a Scottish accent in the advert where they specifically mention accents instead of wheeling out Price and Watson

Who are the Hamish loving Curry critics on here? I haven't seen any TBH. The Mish tip tackle was extremely out of character. His disciplinary record is exemplary and his tackle technique is usually spot on. I just think he came off the bench and was a bit overexuberant in that moment. Same probably goes for Curry with his late hit on Faf straight after kick off. Can happen when the adrenalin is pumping.
Having seen Rassies video, I have to say Curry was lucky to escape a yellow as well with a shoulder charge on FdK, nowhere near as blatant as Watson though

Any South African fans going to moan that Mako has trapped in by their player? Or only moaning when it's the other way round?

Latest posts