• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

Wow. Pack was brilliant. 1 to 8 was immense but Lawes, Itoje and Conan were the pick. Thought we had blown it first half but fantastic performance won the day

I honestly don't know what more Adams would have brought. He wouldn't have had any run in tries today like he had in the warm ups. I think the back three will stay the same. DVDM can carry, tie up defenders and add power to mauls.

I think Henshaw will move to 13 with Daly dropping out. Just a case of it's Aki or Farrell at 12.
Farrell likely to be 10 he'll get the shout before Russell/Smith. At which point any talk about the back three becomes an utter waste.

Warburton on going for his mate Faletau for next test? Why? Conan was good. Wonder if he will drop Daly to the bench for Henshaw at 13 and Aki to 12 to provide physical presence v De Allende, bring back Williams to 15.

These ex-player pundits pimping out their mates is just embarrassing. Agree Conan keeps his place.

Negative. We remain number one no matter what
Good riddance. Helps us get up to an International ready level before the Rugby Championships.

Lots of people are saying Boks at no1 is a fluke forced by an easy world cup run. (Forgeting that we beat NZ and Aus to the Rugby Championship). Would love for the Boks to keep that no1 ranking and prove that notion wrong.

Whats with the Gatland hate? Wins the Aus series, Draws the NZ series, wins the first test vs south Africa, and people just want to **** on him. Very odd.

Who's saying this? Nobody in NH for sure.
It has been the primary counter argument against the Bok success at the WC and the debate about whether they are really the no1 team in the world.

AWJ was constantly stopped on the gainline when he carried. None of the line outs went to him. Only good thing was in defence where he was pretty conspicuous. But yes he's not getting dropped by Gatland.
Yeah he made 10+ tackles but I'd rack my brains to remember any of them apart from one where he struggled to bring his guy down (was mentioned in commentary how much work it would be on his arm). Or any work at the ruck. It was fairly typical AWJ performance that people laud for some reason.

Curry also needs to have a rethink in terms of the pack he stood out in the first half as bad mark against him. Mind you Watson didn't exactly cover himself in glory and was extremely lucky not to have seen yellow/red. He has to be cited surely?

Whats with the Gatland hate? Wins the Aus series, Draws the NZ series, wins the first test vs south Africa, and people just want to **** on him. Very odd.
Poor Aus team, could of won against NZ, beats a SA that's not played together for 2 years. Some context is needed. And as well as they played in the second half he's also responsible for how they played in the first half.

Warburton going for his mate Faletau for next test? Why? Conan was good. Wonder if he will drop Daly to the bench for Henshaw at 13 and Aki to 12 to provide physical presence v De Allende, bring back Williams to 15.
Daly will be dropped for Harris. Williams out of 23. Adams as cover for wing. Back 3 were good. Soft spots were Daly, Farrell apart from his kick, AWJ apart from his captaincy.

Yeah he made 10+ tackles but I'd rack my brains to remember any of them apart from one where he struggled to bring his guy down (was mentioned in commentary how much work it would be on his arm). Or any work at the ruck. It was fairly typical AWJ performance that people laud for some reason.

Curry also needs to have a rethink in terms of the pack he stood out in the first half as bad mark against him. Mind you Watson didn't exactly cover himself in glory and was extremely lucky not to have seen yellow/red. He has to be cited surely?
Don't think it will be cited but more than bad timing.

Latest posts