• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

Best part of that match was watching Itoje play at his absolute best again. Reminding us why he gets talked about captaincy.

Also Mako not ******** the bed I've given him tons of stick but if he can manage that for two more games maybe he can play for England again.
Yeh credit to Mako where its due.

How much did covid affect the Boks camp?

Still the Lions can only beat what's in front of them.

I will honestly just give up on international rugby at that point
I just want to note, this is the Brewdog's talking and not me, this cannot be held against me for the future results in this tour:

Was the birthday party worth missing the only Lions test win of the tour?

Fair chunk of the players have had it (more have than haven't), and long covid is no joke
Kolisi coming straight back after won't have helped him. Can't recall him much in the 2nd half.

Kolisi coming straight back after won't have helped him. Can't recall him much in the 2nd half.
I do agree with Unrated's point that it is no excuse, but also feel that's not where we lost this one to begin with. I think he played his role in the defensive side and forward ruck management, but we were never really pushing on attack. I felt we were looking to play off opposition mistakes from pressure, but if you have so many issues related to discipline on that game plan you will suffer. We played to win ugly/opportunistically and it didn't pay off this time.

Odd game both teams didn't look great.
Good win for the Lions though.

SA
- Need to look at the back IMO either Wiese at 8 or Kolisi at 8 with Van Staden at 7.

Lions
- IDK but the backline looks so poor, Harris should be brought in at 13 and Adams on the wing for DVDM who did really nothing today.
Actually thought VDeM was very good. 2 chances for a try. Took 4 South Africans to stop him every time. Was Kolbe playing?

25m in 4 carries, 2 defenders beaten, 4 tackles and 2 missed, isn't really a good example of very good in my eyes.
Granted it wasn't a game for a winger.

25m in 4 carries, 2 defenders beaten, 4 tackles and 2 missed, isn't really a good example of very good in my eyes.
Granted it wasn't a game for a winger.

I honestly don't know what more Adams would have brought. He wouldn't have had any run in tries today like he had in the warm ups. I think the back three will stay the same. DVDM can carry, tie up defenders and add power to mauls.

I think Henshaw will move to 13 with Daly dropping out. Just a case of it's Aki or Farrell at 12.

Latest posts