• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

These ex-player pundits pimping out their mates is just embarrassing. Agree Conan keeps his place.
It is embarrassing. Warburton is the worst for Wales. BOD by far the worst for Ireland, Matt Dawson for England and not sure if Scotland have any. These guys just want the next after dinner gig. Warburton wants TF when Conan hardly puts a foot wrong. Wants Adams an Williams because they are Welsh and back 3 were good till Williams came on. BOD wants Murra regardless of form. Add in ROG for that view and Matt Dawson wants a pay check from anyone English. How about supporting the Lions.

Honestly as much as I'd make changes after that 2nd half performance Gatland would be slightly crazy to make changes.

Whats with the Gatland hate? Wins the Aus series, Draws the NZ series, wins the first test vs south Africa, and people just want to **** on him. Very odd.
The man's done more to quell ill will between the English and Irish than the Good Friday agreement, fair play to him

What's the opinion if when Bigger went off, instead of Daly coming back on, Hogg had been moved to 10 keeping Farrell where he was and bringing Williams in to cover the back?

What's the opinion if when Bigger went off, instead of Daly coming back on, Hogg had been moved to 10 keeping Farrell where he was and bringing Williams in to cover the back?
Hogg at 10? You sure?

Walesonline player ratings are out. 8/10 was the highest given to Lawes, Itoje, Furlong and yes you guessed it folks - Captain Lazarus himself.
That's a step down from the 9 Lazarus scored in the last game

Poor Aus team, could of won against NZ, beats a SA that's not played together for 2 years. Some context is needed. And as well as they played in the second half he's also responsible for how they played in the first half.
Prior to this game I heard all the same excuses yet was told SA will smash them lol.

Why not he's played for Scotland and the Lions at 10

Was Farrell impressive at 10?
No. Where did I say he was? You'll find I'm no fan of Farrell's, but I honestly don't remember Hogg playing at 10 for the Lions and when he's done it with Scotland (IIRC) it's been in an emergency (i.e. an injury or a yellow card) which is very different to actively choosing him to play 10.

Are you really suggesting you can take a guy that covered 10 for a few minutes years ago should be picked there for the Lions? It's a no for me, thanks.

No. Where did I say he was? You'll find I'm no fan of Farrell's, but I honestly don't remember Hogg playing at 10 for the Lions and when he's done it with Scotland (IIRC) it's been in an emergency (i.e. an injury or a yellow card) which is very different to actively choosing him to play 10.

Are you really suggesting you can take a guy that covered 10 for a few minutes years ago should be picked there for the Lions?
No I was talking about moving the backline about for injury like today with Biggar. (I did specify that)

Instead of putting Farrell to 10 abd returning Daly, could putting Hogg 10 leaving centres as they were (Farrell, Henshaw) and putting Williams at the back have worked?

Hogg played 10 for lion's in the Aus tour under Gatland

No I was talking about moving the backline about for injury like today with Biggar. (I did specify that)

Instead of putting Farrell to 10 abd returning Daly, could putting Hogg 10 leaving centres as they were (Farrell, Henshaw) and putting Williams at the back have worked?

Hogg played 10 for lion's in the Aus tour under Gatland
Playing 10 once on the Aus tour against the worse team on the tour and once for Scotland against an equally shitty team isn't really gonna make him a better option than Faz. He can cover there worst case scenario but that was far from it

Would trust Hogg more in the centres than at 10 tbh (or on the wing with a winger at centre - or even Murray at 10, believe he's covered there when there's been injury in the past)

10 is too specialized a position for an out of form 15 to go there just because you want to keep Farrell at 12

Latest posts