• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs New Zealand

Your probably right, might just be a miss assumption on my part.
I got curious so had a quick google, looks like it's quite a recent amendment/clarification:
19.1 A Player that receives two yellow cards in a match (whether for Foul Play or technical
offences) and is ordered off after the second yellow card (i.e. awarded a red card), will
have their case heard by a Disciplinary Panel.

If it's 2x foul play it's a minimum of a 1 week suspension, if it's 2 x technical, or 1 x technical and 1 x foul play there's no minimum ban for the 2 x yellows, but then obv if the foul play is citeable then that brings in new minimum bans

I got curious so had a quick google, looks like it's quite a recent amendment/clarification:
Why would I expect rugby to have anything like common sense applied, appreciate in this one it should be thoroughly reviewed as it was probably a red in its own right, but a team YC and a deliberate knock on or a clear high but not overlay dangerous tackle deserving of a yellow should IMO be an automatic we move on post game.

Feel that's harsh. He was bent to make the tackle but Cane bent his own body to 90 degrees.

I'd prefer is those issues were a penalty

And he was wrapping

This should be where the bunker system shines, clear mitigation there, tackler made an effort to get low, runner dipped. Yellow is enough, despite th crowd wanting more.

It's like watching a 1st vs 2nd team training match.

Won't get any easier for the ABs with Reinack on.

Edit: Assumed he was coming in at SH.

Neither team will play anything like this in the WC.