• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spain vs Holland

I'm really glad I chose Top Gear over the football. All I've seen in the last 15 minutes is petulant arsehole Dutchmen falling on the floor and arguing with the ref.

ITV go to adverts in between FT and the start of extra time.

The first advert to start is for the A-Team movie with the opening line "Now that the world cup is over..."

Fail.

This is going to be 0 - 0, decided on penalties =/
Fitting end to a generally poor WC

Edit:
Well, Spain have won it 1 - 0.

Anyone catch what the yellow for the Holland player at the goal was? Iniestas was for taking his shirt off i think (also, anyone know what he had written on his chest underneath?)

Last edited:
Did it say "I am a Spanish nonce".

Anyway congrats to Spain for not choking like usual.

Hate to say i told ya so, BUT I TOLD YA SO!!!!! Best team won the tournament. Felt sorry for Holland though. :(

Just read that it said
"Puerta Siempre Con Nosotros" which means Puerta, always with us, in memory of a Puerta who died in 2007. Ramos wore a similar one at Euro 2008

Felt sorry for Holland though. :(
I don't, not one bit. If they'd have played like they had in the rest of the tournament then yes, but they played a negative game and acted like thugs/were constantly in the refs face.

The best team on the night by a mile won. Only one team set out to play football tonight and they've won the tournament and are champions of the world. Congratulations to Spain.

Good call by Jericho.

Spain so poor attacking the box against a good defence. We thought the best piece of defence was when a dutch guy headed the ball back to the keeper, but on replay he had no idea where it was and it just bounced off the back of his head as he was running away from it.

Great to see the Queen throw her arms in the air when the goal went in.

The Dutch were annoying. Shut up, you wankers, and play the game!

Great win for Spain, definitely deserved to win today. Also..

_48321583_009786478-1.jpg

But the real winners were New Zealand, the only unbeaten team in the world cup :lol:

Attachments

• _48321583_009786478-1.jpg
    _48321583_009786478-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
Now this silliness is over...

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

dateFuture = new Date(2011,8,09,8,30,00);

function GetCount(){

dateNow = new Date(); //grab current date
amount = dateFuture.getTime() - dateNow.getTime(); //calc milliseconds between dates
delete dateNow;

// time is already past
if(amount < 0){
document.getElementById('countbox').innerHTML="Now!";
}
// date is still good
else{
days=0;hours=0;mins=0;secs=0;out="";

amount = Math.floor(amount/1000);//kill the "milliseconds" so just secs

days=Math.floor(amount/86400);//days
amount=amount%86400;

hours=Math.floor(amount/3600);//hours
amount=amount%3600;

mins=Math.floor(amount/60);//minutes
amount=amount%60;

secs=Math.floor(amount);//seconds

if(days != 0){out += days +" day"+((days!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
if(days != 0 || hours != 0){out += hours +" hour"+((hours!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
if(days != 0 || hours != 0 || mins != 0){out += mins +" minute"+((mins!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
out += secs +" seconds";
document.getElementById('countbox').innerHTML=out;

setTimeout("GetCount()", 1000);
}
}

window.onload=function(){GetCount();}//call when everything has loaded

//-->
</script>
<div id="countbox"></div>...

Paul the Octopus is now more famous than Justin Bieber, and no Cyril, it's taken me 3 years to find something inaccurately said from you. This is my gem.

A very good game. Both sides had their opportunities to score, they made some dirty tackles but the plethora of cards was a bit exaggerated. I'm happy Spain won as it was really the best team that has won. Holland showed to be a bad loser e.g. Van Marwijk removing his medal

it certainly wasn't a good game and the plethora of cards was no exageration, in fact how the Dutch didn't have de Jong or Van Bommel sent off in the first half is beyond me, had 1 been given the red card I doubt we'd have seen a continuation of the Dutch's petty tactics. van Marwijk got what he deserved last night, his tactics throughout the tournament have been disgraceful given the talent he has at his disposal.

Thank Christ the Spanish won cause if it had been the reverse then you'd have had coaches emulating the way the Dutch have tried to play, which isn't what football needs.

One other thing FIFA, Howard Webb, WTF. Proved for the umpteenth time what an incompetent clown he really is.

Spain deserved that game last night and it would have been a crime had Holland won.

People will criticize Webb for last night but he got the game spot on. He could have sent De Jong off but wanted to keep 11 players on the pitch for Holland. However had he sent him off it would have been an early statement of intent and would have the Dutch calmed down a bit? Van Bommel was arguably the dirtiest player on the pitch.

Ye he did not award that corner ... but neither did his assistant. So its just not Webb to blame.

Also its quite poor for the Dutch camp to blame Webb for the defeat when they tried to play one of the worst tactics ever seen. They never really looked to play football at all.

Paul the Octopus is now more famous than Justin Bieber, and no Cyril, it's taken me 3 years to find something inaccurately said from you. This is my gem.
Well I think I'll take that as a compliment. Play on! :p