• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Special Moves

M

MCab

Who uses special moves? I rarely use them. I try to use them when crashing, but end up getting tackled by another defender. The sidestep is excellent when dealing with FB's.

Originally posted by MCab@Apr 20 2005, 03:03 AM
Who uses special moves?  I rarely use them.  I try to use them when crashing, but end up getting tackled by another defender.  The sidestep is excellent when dealing with FB's.
Actually I find the hand off the most useful special move - pop the ball up to the blindside forward, and use the hand off against your marker. works well, and somethimes can lead to a clean break. I also use the handoff on the wing to the same effect. I rarely use the side step. It never seems to work for me. The shoulder charge is pretty ineffective.

The trick with handoffs is NOT to use them while running at the opposition head on - try instead to use it when you are running around your man, so that you are handing off from the side.

the whole stupid right analog stick thing is bull ****, more often then not the timing is all wrong and you do a pointless shoulder charge at nothing, only to get picked up and dumped a second later

and since when could any player from georgia pick up greg somerville and drop him on his head?

The special moves are a disappointment, no-where near as good as the NFL games. They hardly ever work and the timing is all wrong, you have to execute the move yards before you get to your opponent's player.

The sidestep is sometimes effective with one man to beat, shoulder charge hardly ever works, hand off's look quite good on the rare occasions when they work, but they slow you up so much you get caught anyway, even when you've flattened your opponent.

Perhaps next year ..... ?

what they should've done is only allow players with good tackling ability make big hits and players that weigh too much arent able to be picked up

Hand-offs work when running with scrum-half from ruck or going at the fullback. Otherwise i use sidestep with backs and shoulder when hitting ball up.

i use the side step when taking on the full back, and a sholder charge when a fowards near the line (but thats rare anyway) i just break the line by overlaps and the centre hole, so i dont get the opportunity that often

i will try doing more handoffs now that jimmy says to do it on a angle to the tackler, but then again, i dont think the opportunity will present itself the way i play

Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 19 2005, 09:13 PM
i use the side step when taking on the full back, and a sholder charge when a fowards near the line (but thats rare anyway) i just break the line by overlaps and the centre hole, so i dont get the opportunity that often

i will try doing more handoffs now that jimmy says to do it on a angle to the tackler, but then again, i dont think the opportunity will present itself the way i play
I find the sidestep rarely works. How close to the FB do you do it Sambad?

handoff is successful often - but its not always the best option

sidestep or shoulder charge works really well on the fullback

you have to do it so, were the direction changes, you go passed the man. about 75% of the way through is were i am for.

Language-English-Jules.gif

yeah well they don't work that well on hard.....

trick to the Right analogue/special moves, I find, is to use them when the momentum gauge is up.....and the flow is going your way.......but mostly I'm free-stepping my own way and running the mad back line moves! Wahooooooooo!!!

trick to kicking if you are struggling to rake it downfield past the FB is to remember you can't kick backwards - Sooooooooo...

Get better angle by really bending that kick for a second or two before release - and distance lost will be made up on the bounce....

run from the base of rucks etc..when the the HB is at his furtherest back...and free of the cheapo tackle....get him away, sideways and then straight and looking for support....good for MP on players who relentless ly go to initiate a man for the sjnrl defensive style.

I, like doign forward play a lot. What I do is handoffs to the forwards on either side of ruck and do fends up the field u gain decent yardage doing this and its easy. I then throw the ball to the backs to do some dance play lol

Latest posts