• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spencer Going Home?

B

Bullitt

Originally posted by Diary entry on www.carlosspencer.co.nz
Had a good week this week, went into London and caught up with a few of the AB's, great to see some old faces and have a quiet beer and chat. Must admit I would be pretty keen to put the old jersey on again and I guess never say never!

Interesting development, although would he really get into the AB's fold any more, especially with Dan Carter being rugby new benchmark.

Discuss.

yes i think he would, i doubt he would be a regular though, but hes still the second best fly half in nz.

yeah but he's too inconsistent and that'd be enough to drive any coach up the wall, plus with the strength they have he's not much of a loss.

I would defiantly think he would be in contention at inside centre now that Umaga is retiring. During his last few matches for NZ, Spencer looked in his best form in his career, so it will be interesting whether he could make it back into NZ squad.

Before he left he was quoted as saying after the Maori/Lions game that he felt the most pride ever when he put on the Maori jersey.....................and now when the AB's are having a great time he wants to come back and be an AB??????????

It's OK Spencer...........you have nothing new to offer..............stay in England.....

Spencer and Merhtens were from the same mould which would never see them play second five or centre...............the useless tackler mould.................and with Henry's defensive screen this requirement is a must...........

Originally posted by gjohn85@Nov 28 2005, 03:13 AM
I would defiantly think he would be in contention at inside centre now that Umaga is retiring. During his last few matches for NZ, Spencer looked in his best form in his career, so it will be interesting whether he could make it back into NZ squad.
nonsense, a second five must tackle, spencer ain't much of a tackler

spencer is not much of a player, i have never rated him at all. he has one good game out of about 5 where mehrts was always consistant.

and now we have dan carter, he is always consistant, with a good consistant backup in either mcdonald(dont hurt me) and mcalister.

i dont think spencer would even get into the second team bench.

pfft spencer where would he play even? he wouldnt make it into any super 14 team in nz.

1)carter
2)mcallister
3)evans
4)donald/gopperth
5)lavea

but then again, macdonald somehow makes the allblacks, and sometimes even plays first five - so i guess stranger things have happened

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 28 2005, 09:26 AM
spencer is not much of a player, i have never rated him at all. he has one good game out of about 5 where mehrts was always consistant.

and now we have dan carter, he is always consistant, with a good consistant backup in either mcdonald(dont hurt me) and mcalister.

i dont think spencer would even get into the second team bench.
You truly need to join AA. McDonald is the largest pile of **** since Caleb Ralph, the fact you rated McDonald ahead of Nick Evans shows your rugby knowledge... or lack of. Didnt you watch the Tri Nations? Two weeks in a row McDonald almost lost us the Tri Nations and it was McAlister who bailed us out.

Spencer would still make the Blues, ship Lavea to Canterbury, they seem to be in love with medicore backs there, see McDonald, Ralph, Hamilton e.t.c, put McAlister at 12 and Spencer at 10. Read em and Weep. McAlister will be at Inside Centre for the AB's anyway, thats where he plays his best, gives him more space to use his acceleration and his attacking skills which IMO are on par, if not slightly better then Carters (he has more pace and better acceleration).

Lavea to Canterbury? Your stupider than Lora!

Canterbury should be giving you at 5/8th. They have Carter, Mauger and McIntyre. Why in god's name would they want Lavea?

Spencer is past it, he would not make All Blacks but he would make S14.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Nov 28 2005, 08:19 PM
Lavea to Canterbury? Your stupider than Lora!

Canterbury should be giving you at 5/8th. They have Carter, Mauger and McIntyre. Why in god's name would they want Lavea?

Spencer is past it, he would not make All Blacks but he would make S14.
If he's in Canterbury, that means he isnt in Auckland. Which is good... unless your a Cantab fan.

We got McAlister for S14 and hopefully the ARU give him a big bag of gold to cross to the correct side of the bridge and make the Garden of Eden his permament home.

hey it was what i think, i dont like evans. and i may be a one eyed cantabrian... wait... i am a one eyed cantabrian and proud of it, i honestly dont remember what macdonald did in the all blacks to make evans bail us out.

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 28 2005, 09:04 PM
hey it was what i think, i dont like evans. and i may be a one eyed cantabrian... wait... i am a one eyed cantabrian and proud of it, i honestly dont remember what macdonald did in the all blacks to make evans bail us out.
evans didnt, but mcallister did. macdonald shouldnt be near the all blacks, let alone first 5.

evans has got the biggest punt in nz, can break lines easly, good on defence good disruibutor, and should be the 3rd no.10 in nz - which he is.

Spencer would be a handy player for any Super 14 franchise and he'd still press for a spot in the All Black squad.

I would hate it if he left so early but, it is his choice.

Great player, but he still misses NZ.

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 28 2005, 09:04 PM
I quite clearly said McAlister bailed us out..

and you dont remember McDonalds shitty punting, crappy Goal Kicking and generally inept play, which two weeks in a row gave away soft tries which bought South Africa and Aussie back into the game. Both times McAlister came on and sparked the offense and kicked crucial penalties.

defintely wouldn't get a starting spot if he did decide to come back. carter is clearly the best 10 and mcAlister second with evan macDonald and mauger also possibilities. Spencer would have to play really well to get a starting spot back but he could be used off the bench at second five maybe as he has some great bal skills and has a reasonable boot. if he does come back though he would proabbly only make super 14 level which I wouldn't mind as that would mean lavea is not in the starting lineup

obviously i didn't blame mcdonald for those tries and thought he wasn't to bad at the punting. his kicking isn't that bad either, but nowhere near the class as carter.

obviously i dont hold a grudge

mcalister/evans, i always get those 2 mixed up no idea why

Cmon guys don't exaggerate!!!!
Carlos Spencer is a great player!!!!!!Everytime he plays u know he is the man who can do somethin special.the only problems with him are: no much continuity and absolutely no kicking.And plus dan carter is in his top form! anyways i hope to c him back both in the super 14 and in the abs squad!

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 29 2005, 04:06 PM
obviously i didn't blame mcdonald for those tries and thought he wasn't to bad at the punting. his kicking isn't that bad either, but nowhere near the class as carter.

obviously i dont hold a grudge

mcalister/evans, i always get those 2 mixed up no idea why
lol, so who's fault was it? the Halfbacks for passing McDonald the ball because he cant even punt the ball over a persons head? the fowards for winning/retaining the ball so the halfback can pass to McDonald who cant kick the ball over a players head?

His punting his ****, its on Lavea level in term of distance and accuracy. He's slower then Lavea as well.

Latest posts