• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spinning out of tackles with the swinging elbow.

W

Woldog

Is it legal for me to have my elbow swinging around when I spin out of tackles? I often spin out of tackles and at training when I do it my team absolutely love it especially when I cause "Near season ending injuries" to my teammates.

But in game is it legal for me to have the swinging elbow happening?

Maybe once the ref will let it go as a possible accident but twice and I reckon you could be in serious trouble. But I don't know anything about the actual law, I'm just guessing.

Having an elevated elbow, even with the ball in your possession, is considered foul play. Besides, when you want to be spinning out of a tackle the ball should be held tight against your chest to avoid losing it in any contact.

Very serious offence, if you get caught elbowing. Possible red card. Just man up and take the contact.

And I'd suggest you in the wrong game if you enjoy causing season ending injuries. As much as I enjoy a good boom tackle or bosh, I would never set out to injure anyone and I don't think that any decent rugby player does. It's just not in the spirit of the game.

I asked the Ref, he said I wouldn't get called up unless it caused injury and I did it about 7 times today, why take the contact when I can score a try by spinning out of the contact.

In that same game the last tackle of the game by the other team ended with one of my teams players getting speared and dislocating his elbow. Hard to say who was crying more, the guy who dislocated his elbow or the guy who made the tackle after we got to him, he had been dirty all game, doing late tackles and the like so he had it coming.

Latest posts