• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks rwc 2011

Yeah, SA needs another fetcher to cover Brussouw not just in case of injury, but he can't play every game and of course there is only one 'easy' game in their pool, and only Steggman and Louw are 'available', in that Steggman is currently injured for the next 2-3 weeks, and Louw had that injury at the end of the Superugby season.

Squad announcement at 19:30 on Supersport 1.

Read a ghastly article just now that says PdV could look at Luke Watson... He has played well for the EP Kings, but that is in the second division of course, and there is his history to consider.

Yikes. That'd be a bit left field..

I'd actually prefer a pick of Mpho Mbiyozo if we're looking at the Kings. Him or Jacques Potgieter are both better options IMO.

Damn, why doesn't PDV then go for Wikus van Heerden? he can play lock too!

if they want another fetcher as back-up for brussouw then maybe they should pick cobus grobbelaar?

well pick anyone except Puke Twatson!

Francoie Louw may get the nod here but Ashley Johnson had a great season and should make the squad. Louw can always be called up if there is an injury to Brussouw!

Has Duane Vermeulen made any progress on his injury? It surely must be too late for him anyway.. too bad, would've loved to have watched him in a 'Boks jersey.

I think Rassie Erasmus (Springbok Technical Advisor & Stormer) may have an influence on Louw (Ex Stormer) joining the squad. It would make sense to play Louw in some of the pool games to ensure that Brussouw does not get overplayed or injured!

Has Duane Vermeulen made any progress on his injury? It surely must be too late for him anyway.. too bad, would've loved to have watched him in a 'Boks jersey.

Agreed. He has been the in form no.8 in the country for the last 2 years. Glad Spies is back in form, great timing with RWC around the corner and Duanne injured!

So... If 6.Brussow 7.Burger 8.Spies starts...with 19.Alberts on the bench...who of the starting 3 do you sub?

Don't think they will take a chance on substituting Brussow in a big game...and I have never seen them in the last for years ever, replace Burger or Spies...

Well, I mean it isn't a law that you have to use your subs of course...

So whoever needs to be subbed ;)

Ja, Vermeulen is still injured. I wonder if they would have considered him if he were fit. In any case it's moot as he is injured still.

Springbok World Cup Squad

Forwards:
Willem Alberts, Bakkies Botha, Heinrich Brussouw, Schalk Burger, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Francios Louw, Tendai 'Beast' Mtawarira, Johann Muller, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Danie Russouw, Pierre Spies, Guthro Steenkamp, CJ van de Linde, Luke Watson*, Victor Matfield, John Smit (c)

Backs:
Gio Aplon, Juan de Jongh, Jean de Villiers, Fourie du Preez, Jacque Fourie, Bryan Habana, Francios Hougaard, Butch James, Patrick Lambie, Odwa Ndungane, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Frans Steyn, Morne Steyn

Odwa Ndungane qualifies as a shock, surely? Going to be plenty of raging about this one.

* Nah, I'm just trolling.

Oh no... Its the Rastafarian guy from the France game in disguise, that 'sung' the national anthem.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing, I feel so sorry for the Boks to have to endure that... I'm going to feel so horrible when the hysteriaty wears off.

I'm away to rewind and review :lol:

sucks that Kanko has been part of the Bok squad for 3 freakin' years and misses out on the culmination of this 4-year project... Shame on you, Mr. Pringles!

Same thing happened to another Shark No.8...Gary Teichmann. It's sad to see Louw and especially Rossouw being picked over Kankowski...

However, with 18 players being part of the RWC winning squad of 2007, we have a ton of experience.

sucks that Kanko has been part of the Bok squad for 3 freakin' years and misses out on the culmination of this 4-year project... Shame on you, Mr. Pringles! Same thing happened to another Shark No.8...Gary Teichmann. It's sad to see Louw and especially Rossouw being picked over Kankowski...However, with 18 players being part of the RWC winning squad of 2007, we have a ton of experience.
To be fair though Kanko was just there lately,didn't do much for me when he was starting or even coming on the bench for that matter

sucks that Kanko has been part of the Bok squad for 3 freakin' years and misses out on the culmination of this 4-year project... Shame on you, Mr. Pringles!

Same thing happened to another Shark No.8...Gary Teichmann. It's sad to see Louw and especially Rossouw being picked over Kankowski...

However, with 18 players being part of the RWC winning squad of 2007, we have a ton of experience.

Mate I was also surprised that Kankowski didn't make it but I was real happy that Frans Steyn made it he really deserves to be in the squad and hopefully his injury is over soon.

And hahaha that guy murdered our Anthem, he didn't even know some of the words, and was laughing inbetween Like WTF!! *Not as bad as Ras Dumisani though

Meh, Kanko's not even a garuanteed starter at the Sharks, no real loss for the Boks in my opinion

Nae one has gripes about Mr Ndungane's selection?

Congratulations to Johann Muller. Nice to see the big man rewarded.

Forwards:

Willem Alberts
Bakkies Botha - needs to stop his penalty crap on the field.
Heinrich Brussouw
Schalk Burger
Bismarck du Plessis
Jannie du Plessis - we dont have the best tightheads
Francios Louw - i really really wanted to see deysel though
Tendai 'Beast' Mtawarira
Johann Muller - seriously? wheres flip?
Chiliboy Ralepelle - nevermind liebenberg, strauss, fourie, brits.........
Danie Russouw
Pierre Spies - unfortunate for johnson

Guthro Steenkamp
CJ van de Linde - scrummaging not up to scratch though
Victor Matfield - need him in the line outs
John Smit (c) - Lord give me strenght.....

Backs:

Gio Aplon
Juan de Jongh - just needs to stop stepping in all the time and remember that there are wings as well!
Jean de Villiers - just needs to tackle lower like juan de jongh
Fourie du Preez - hope it was just rust last saturday
Jacque Fourie

Bryan Habana - he just does not deserve his place!
Francios Hougaard
Butch James - now we have a fly half that cant tackle and one that tackles high everytime, great...
Patrick Lambie
Odwa Ndungane - where the hell did lwazi mvovo and bjorn basson go?!?!?
Ruan Pienaar - wtf? could have chosen sarel pretorius instead, we have enough utility backs
JP Pietersen - only wing i would have actually chosen
Frans Steyn - just needs to cut his hair
Morne Steyn - yea i suppose his kicking is important

Overall not too happy with the squad but is more or less what i expected so whatever...

Oh no... Its the Rastafarian guy from the France game in disguise, that 'sung' the national anthem.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing, I feel so sorry for the Boks to have to endure that... I'm going to feel so horrible when the hysteriaty wears off.

I'm away to rewind and review :lol:

Thats the guy from just jinger right?

Latest posts