• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks rwc 2011

On a side note, how was that plonker who screwed up the anthem??? That's not the best way to motivate our boys...
Ard Matthews, he is the lead singer of the band Just Jinger...

He's actually a very successful and respected singer, I think he actually learned the anthem on the day and that's the reason for choking I guess. Someone of his caliber should not choke in front of tv cameras....

They picked Ndungane because he's better on Defence than Mvovo or Basson.

Very glad that Flo is in there too, 2 quality fetchers going to the wordl cup!!

The main thing i like is that you can see is there is a back-up plan! and we're covered in every position by at least 2 players.

All I know is, that I wouldn't have wanted to be him when he finally finished, opened his eyes...just to have 28 Massive guys with Aplon & Lambie staring at him with the looks of WTFunk? Ras...is that you?....AGAIN?!

Aw, he apologised when he was singing and afterwards, really does seem as though he was very passionate and was just overwhelmed.

Surprised about the amount of people and articles asking why Louw was included when he wasn't part of the TN squad, I assume his injury wasn't a widely known one?

I'm totally okay with his inclusion...it gives more balance to the loose forward selections. Should Brussow get injured (touch wood that doesn't happen) then I'm sure Johnson/Deysel will get the call up.

I think most are surprised because he was not part of the 3N squad at all, and because Matfield said something in PE about the 22 (who played NZ) will all go to the WC, and that 22 included Johnson.

He can be glad Bakkies didn't stand up and gave him a poesklap!

I'm dissapointed noone stood up. Not to be dealing anyone a PK but it's the national anthem FFS; show some respect!

Ard Matthews, he is the lead singer of the band Just Jinger...

He's actually a very successful and respected singer, I think he actually learned the anthem on the day and that's the reason for choking I guess. Someone of his caliber should not choke in front of tv cameras....

I'm not too sure how respected he is. He's living in the States in any case and is obviously not worried about SA or the anthem. How we end up with these washed up hippies singing our anthem without knowing the first thing about it, not even the words is beyond me. I mean, don't the organizers check them out? Also, I my be a bit old fashioned but pitching up to sing the national anthem in an ill-conceived t-shirt and a silly hat (that he keeps on) is nothing but disrespectful; I expect more.

The whole thing is just another fiasco and just helps further our status as an international laughing stock.

For the LULZ:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would make Victor the captain and take Smit out of the team but keep him for consulting in the WC.

Latest posts