• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stade Français Paris v Clermont-Auvergne

A

An Tarbh

So the Max Gauzini bandwagon will be up and rolling for the start of the French season with this opener at the Stade de France between last season's finalists.

Was hoping to try and get tickets for this one, but I read that already 60000 tickets have been sold, so will anyone else be heading to St Denis for this match?

I'm won't be going but have to say I'm very impressed with what Guazzini has done for rugby in Paris. In 15 years he's taken an underachieving 2nd or 3rd tier club side to the top of the French game. The way he has marketed the club is a lesson for rugby sides worldwide. By selling tickets off cheaply (many tickets bought early can be bought for as little as â'¬5 or â'¬10), he's encouraging families to go and thus create a new generation of fans. Leinster employed the same strategy for their "Last Stand" game against Ulster on New Years Eve last year and filled the 48,000 capacity Lansdowne Road, which has triggered a massive increase in season ticket sales and general attendences to less high profile games. This added revenue has enabled Leinster to keep their star players. In Stade Francais' case, they now have the financial clout to chase world class players from both sides of the equator without relying on handouts from their owner.

Unless I'm mistaken, Stade Francais are playing three games at Stade De France this season - Biarritz, Toulouse and Clermont-Auvergne. I wouldn't be surprised if they move a potential home quarter final in the Heineken Cup there too.

Yeah they've sold packages for all 3 games, think they may be sold out by now, not 100% sure though.

A huge amount of credit though has to go to Gauzini for what he's done though.

Not sure whether a quarter final would be played in Paris or St Denis, I suppose a lot depends on PSG which always make the Stade de France the easier option.

This should be a good one and it will be an entirely different match compared to last season's Top 14 final. Stade Français have lost some strength while Clermont-Auvergne have gained plenty. Clermont have a lot of leadership on their squad, I need not write down the names of those players I hope!

Clermont also have some top guys in every position. They've really improved their third line with French International Julien Bonnaire. Bourgoin are really going to miss him and it could hurt their chances of possibly contending to make it into the top four playoff.

Back to this particular match though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the outcome knowing that I cannot watch sadly enough. Some bit to note, what was up with all the Brock James retirement talk last season? He's young and obviously still on the payroll. I don't understand that situation, but apparently it has all passed.

Any predictions on the outcome then?

I think Paris will win. it'll be difficult but they will win

ASM made a strong recruitement but lost a lot of important players.

This should be a good one and it will be an entirely different match compared to last season's Top 14 final. Stade Français have lost some strength while Clermont-Auvergne have gained plenty. Clermont have a lot of leadership on their squad, I need not write down the names of those players I hope!

Clermont also have some top guys in every position. They've really improved their third line with French International Julien Bonnaire. Bourgoin are really going to miss him and it could hurt their chances of possibly contending to make it into the top four playoff.

Back to this particular match though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the outcome knowing that I cannot watch sadly enough. Some bit to note, what was up with all the Brock James retirement talk last season? He's young and obviously still on the payroll. I don't understand that situation, but apparently it has all passed.

Any predictions on the outcome then?
[/b]
I'm 100% for Clermont
Can you look at European championship on US tv network?

I'm 100% for Clermont
[/b]

Clermont va gagner le match!

I get those matches here yes, on Setanta Sports. I'd prefer to live in Europe though since I don't get Top 14 here and I want to go to live matches.

<div class='quotemain'>I'm 100% for Clermont
[/b]

Clermont va gagner le match!

I get those matches here yes, on Setanta Sports. I'd prefer to live in Europe though since I don't get Top 14 here and I want to go to live matches.
[/b][/quote]Cool

What is the feeling and or interest about rugby on U-states?

Cool

What is the feeling and or interest about rugby on U-states?
[/b]

Well, some people here know the sport. Many of which are not entirely familiar with it, though they all respect it. However, it is difficult for many of them to get into rugby here since the only way to really watch (at least where I live) is to have Setanta Sports. This is a very expensive channel and still plays more football then rugby. I understand it is difficult for many people to enjoy a sport if they cannot watch it regularly.

It doesn't bother my interest not being able to watch what I want. Specifically the Top 14 and pro D2. Though I would of course prefer to go back and live in France for good and not only for the rugby, but because I have family there since my fiancée is originally from Tarbes.

:cheers:

Salut

J'espère que Paris va bien débuter le championnat avec une victoire mais le match s'annonce difficile

N'oublie pas d'écrire en anglais. Tout le monde ne comprends pas le français ici ;)

I hope Stade français will find a solution to play in Paris Parc des Princes. Saint Denis Stade de France is bigger but ambience in Parc des Princes is better

I was at the match, it was a really great match with a delicat try at the end...
But SF won !!!!! :) :D

Latest posts