• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star Wars original trilogy

anyone seen clearks?
"you see, when they blew up the first death star, it was complete. it was full of bad guys, and when it was blowen up - all the bad people died. but in the third movie, they were still rebuilding it. there were innocent builders on the death star, which were just building it to put food on the kids table. they all had familys..."

however they are quite good movies. thats to say there quite good nerdy movies. like the old joke "when are a fat girl and a schooter simmilar? - there fun to ride untill your friends find out"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6lzEhoXads&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6lzEhoXads&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Then there was;

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0sc-gS9AqM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0sc-gS9AqM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That wookiepedia is comprehensive. I can't believe Skywalker passes away yet Han and Leia don't. Don't get a minutes peace though do they?

If anyone wants some Stars Wars comics in e book form pm me and I'll give you the link. It's a six part series called "Dark Empire" which takes place after Return of the Jedi. So it has the same characters as the original trilogy but I haven't gotten around 2 reading it because of school. Im doing an all nigher so i'll need motivation *cough*rep pts*cough* to pm you back

This film is going to get me into trouble one of these days! I have adopted the REALLY bad habit of humming the Imperial March every time there is a notoriously strict manager in the vicinity.

DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM!

I know most people bag the second trilogy but i liked it, especially Episode 3. Obi Wans huge fight with Anakin was awesome.

It's not as bad as you've heard they aren't in the same league as the originals but the newer trilogy are reasonable. I rate the whole two trilogies this way:

I - 5.5/10
II - 6.0/10
III - 7.3/10
IV - 9.1/10
V - 9.7/10
VI - 8.7/10

Just my thoughts. Anyone else want to show their grades for these out of 10?

Why does the third one take such a massive plunge in your eyes? Is this the division between Ewok lovers and none Ewok lovers?

I guess it is that a little. I just feel that Return Of The Jedi has some amazing high points and a mixture of corny and very good dialogue.

Good dialogue: Some of the lines between Vader, Luke and the Emperor (although some isn't, but I love the venomous hatred in the Emperor's voice). Yoda's farewell and Obi-Wan's interesting explanation of truth.

Crappy dialogue: Some of the over the top ham dished out between Luke and Leia before he leaves the Ewok village and there's plenty elsewhere scattered about the film.

I don't mind the Ewoks too much. I think they were a little too obviously "little person suits" and puppets for the babies, but I liked them mostly. Others to suffer from overt puppetness are: Max Rebo and Droopy McCool, (blue keyboardist in Jabbas band and the flute player), Nien Numb (Lando's co-pilot) and a handful of others.

8.5 on reflection is a little harsh, but I'll still only change it to 8.7 and hold it there. Thats still a fine score.

You made me think about that quite a bit Dan, lol!

I remember first watching Star Wars when I was about 6 or 7. For me, the defining moment of falling in love with them was when Darth Vader emerges through the smoking doorway about 3 minutes in. Just his appearance both scared and fascinated me in equal measure. [/b]

Exactly the same thing happened to me...it was during the 70's and I was about 8 or 9. Darth Vader walks through the smoke of the first battle and I went "woooa"!

It's not as bad as you've heard they aren't in the same league as the originals but the newer trilogy are reasonable. I rate the whole two trilogies this way:

I - 5.5/10
II - 6.0/10
III - 7.3/10
IV - 9.1/10
V - 9.7/10
VI - 8.7/10

Just my thoughts. Anyone else want to show their grades for these out of 10?
[/b]

I-7/10 (extra credit for awesome lightsaber fight and darth maul, he looks awesome)
II-7.5/10( it was better than one but not by a lot)
III-9/10 (i loved this movie. Linked everything together perfectly)
IV- 9.5/10(never gets old)
V- 9.7/10
VI-9.5/10(i love ewoks so that wasn't an issue for me).

The original trilogy is best, but the special effects are kinda corny (starships hanging by threads, etc).

Latest posts