• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State Of Origin 1

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
hahah daym..was a below average game for a SOO..but

still a great game to watch..feckin hell those backrowers for qld were useless as f***!

bring back carrol!...need some authority not some lil kids

great game btw

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 25 2006, 12:04 AM

still a great game to watch..feckin hell those backrowers for qld were useless as f***!

great game btw
Yeah oath man, deadset mediocre game. Only thing that saved it was the closeness in the end. The standard wasn't too much higher than a top level club game. Not enough mongrel in that Queensland team, although it was good to see Hodges get stuck into it.

Originally posted by Wally+May 24 2006, 10:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@May 25 2006, 12:04 AM

great game btw
Yeah oath man, deadset mediocre game. Only thing that saved it was the closeness in the end. The standard wasn't too much higher than a top level club game. Not enough mongrel in that Queensland team, although it was good to see Hodges get stuck into it. [/b]
cop it on the chin...

QUEENSLAND SUCK!!!

Bit of a let down I thought, not the usual Origin standard.

I thought the Blues were well worth their win, a lot of huff and puff but no quality from the MAROONZ. They didn't get into the game until an hour had gone. Had they started as they finished they may well have won the game.

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 24 2006, 08:27 PM-->
Originally posted by Wally@May 24 2006, 10:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@May 25 2006, 12:04 AM

great game btw

Yeah oath man, deadset mediocre game. Only thing that saved it was the closeness in the end. The standard wasn't too much higher than a top level club game. Not enough mongrel in that Queensland team, although it was good to see Hodges get stuck into it.
cop it on the chin...
[/b]
Hodges did cop it on the chin :lol:

I have to agree that the game and the whole lead up felt a little flat compared to previous years but it turned out to be a pretty exciting in the end.

ps. Thats the quietest 70,000+ crowd i've ever heard.

I am eating humble pie all day

Did i mention Finchy got his start at the raiders!!!! :p :p

NEEEEEEEEEEW SOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTTHH WAAAAAAAALLLLLLESS!!

:D :bravo: :cheers: :bleh!:

i dont see why the NSW boys would be happy about that game they didnt play very well either. their kicking game in the second half was a bit meh as well. They should have sealed the deal early but they just couldnt. They only scored 3 points in the second half.

As for qld they played aweful as well, after hearing all you guys talk about inglis saying he was the next best thing i was looking forward tow atching him play (havnt seen much league this year) drop balls bad passes, but he did redeem him self a little with those 2 tries in the corner.

i was overall disapointed with the game it shouldnt have been that close at all really but nsw played that bad in the second half.

i was looking forward to a close game, it was really only close on the scoreboard.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 25 2006, 08:56 AM
i dont see why the NSW boys would be happy about that game they didnt play very well either.
But you're a kiwi, so you can't really comprehend what it means to win a State of Origin match... it doesn't matter how it's done, if your team wins in SOO that's all that matters.

So kinda like winning the Ranfurly Shield for us then?

Was good to see even though it was a kind of average game, that the spectacle that is SOO gave us another entertaining match with that finish :)

yes i am a kiwi, i am a huge qld supporter, there just didnt seam the hype in this match at all.

the fact that qld lost by 1 point didnt really make me jump for joy, i was really annoyed at the whole game. there wasnt that many big hits, it just felt flat. and i love SOO football normally even if qld lose.

also dobrien, when was the last time southland had the ranfurly shield

canterbury has had it to long, we need to lose it this year and for it to go on the road a bit. just got me hyped up about the ranfurly shield again :)

It wasnt the usual bump n grind origin clash

the referee was an idiot - origin is about not knowing there is a ref.......he stamped his authority early by ruling soft penalties.

Amateur mistakes by both teams

Glad to see some biffage back..........there better be more @ LANG PARK

Originally posted by woosaah@May 25 2006, 10:25 AM
also dobrien, when was the last time southland had the ranfurly shield
Haha was meaning winning SOO for an Aussie would be similar to winning Ranfurly Shield for a NZer. And I believe Southland had the longest ever Ranfurly Shield reign of 8 years, last having it in 1958. Before you laugh, Otago last had it 1956 so we're better off than them :)

PS - We'll be taking it back come Aug 18 :p

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 25 2006, 11:12 AM
Otago last had it 1956 so we're better off than them :)

My Year 8 teacher in '82 was from Otago. He got angry at me when I did a graph on Ranfurly shield holdings and I only had a few for Otago over the last century....he blasted at me about how wrong I was.....

...bloody ignorant prick.....if a teacher doesn't know the facts they should at least stop trying to pretend they are 100% right. I hope he realised years later that a skinny Island boy from South auckland knew more about his provinces rugby than he did......he was a bloody useless teacher anyway imo despite the fact that the rest of the class loved him. Once he blasted me in front of the class for NO REASON....he didn't even tell me why he was yelling at me....just kept saying i was a useless boy.... :rahh:

...anyway........back to the league....talk about a game of two woeful halves....Queensland sucked in the first and NSW sucked in the second. The ref sucked throughout as he tried desperately to help Queensland win. So many mistakes....killed the game as a spectacle.

The highlight was mr come from nowhere and his drop goal......stuff legends are written about.

Ranfurly Shield Longest tenures

Team Years Games
Auckland 1985 - 1993 61
Auckland 1960 - 1963 25
Canterbury 1982 - 1985 25
Hawkes Bay 1922 - 1927 24
Auckland 1905 - 1913 23
Canterbury 1953 - 1956 23
Canterbury 2000 - 2003 23
Hawkes Bay 1966 - 1969 21
Waikato 1997 - 2000 21

wheres southland???

Union Year Days
Wellington 1973 7
Auckland 1972 10
North Auckland 1960 11
Wairarapa 1950 14
South Canterbury 1950 14
Auckland 1952 14

at least they arnt in the shortest and thats auckland in there twice

http://www.scrum.co.nz/ranfurlyshield/tenures.asp

We're still claiming it, but we had it for 9 years from '38 to '47 I think, the bulk of which during a playground scuffle in Europe somewhere :)

Maybe should have said 'one of' longest tenures by time, not games played :p

Getting back to rugby league, people. That drop goal last night was nothing short of dumb luck.

There's no chance of Finch ever slotting a goal like that again. It was merely a brain explosion which accidentally struck the jackpot.

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@May 25 2006, 01:37 PM
Getting back to rugby league, people. That drop goal last night was nothing short of dumb luck.

There's no chance of Finch ever slotting a goal like that again. It was merely a brain explosion which accidentally struck the jackpot.
I wouldn't call it a brain explosion... If he went for a chip over the top I'd agree, but a droppy was a pretty reasonable thing to try given the circumstances.

But yeah, Finch will never do that agin.

Seriously though, that crap with Buderus getting penelised was a joke! If Qld had have won after that shocking decision the result would have been nothing short of highway robbery.

well i think he got penalised for a punch which was fair enough

the kick he received was stuff all in it not worth a punch anyway. when i first saw it i thought he was just trying to get his knee in. i think it was fair enough

but that was also a touchies call not a refs call he didnt see either of them

Originally posted by sanzar@May 25 2006, 03:18 PM
Seriously though, that crap with Buderus getting penelised was a joke! If Qld had have won after that shocking decision the result would have been nothing short of highway robbery.
:eek: :wall: :cryy: :wah:

f***ING HAMPSTEAD COST ME $60.00

I had Inglis for last try - he scores in the 72nd - I am laughing

Then Bedsy gets done for a punch that was provoked by the REDNECKS

I mean ****, Bedsy dont play like that

2 tackles later BELL crosses in the corner :wall: :rahh: ........at which point I am now searching thru the Hampstead's in the white pages :hunt:

then to cap it all off...........THAIDAY lashes out @ Bedsy in the last minutes and Bedsy's on the deck flawed..........same instance - roles swapped - but no touchy coming in there

If we had lost that game based on that Hampstead would never rule another 1st grade game

But in the insuing aftermatch of Finch's fluke...........nobody wants to know about Hampstead f***-ups...........the media is now blindfolded by a last minute FG, and Hampstead will prolly get the go-ahead for the rest of the series

FFS - YOU f***ING REFS BETTER CLEAN UR ACTS UP, AND YOU OWE ME $60.00 U f***ING TOOLS :wall: :%#%#: :rahh: :ranting:

Latest posts