• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State Of Origin 1

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Yeah, it was a total f***en joke towards the end with some of those decisions! I don't know about you, but it gave me the feeling that they were desperately trying to give the game to Qld!

Originally posted by sanzar@May 25 2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it was a total f***en joke towards the end with some of those decisions! I don't know about you, but it gave me the feeling that they were desperately trying to give the game to Qld!
for sure SANZAR

also forgot to mention that Inglis' 2nd try - he was deadset offside - they didnt even go upstairs - it was soo close it wasnt funny, and hampstead took a leaf out of unions books and pointed simultaneously as the ball was grounded

check that last Inglis try again - too many doubts from kick to grounding, and yet they just go TRY

:wacko:

Originally posted by ak47+May 25 2006, 03:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 25 2006, 03:38 PM
for sure SANZAR

also forgot to mention that Inglis' 2nd try - he was deadset offside - they didnt even go upstairs - it was soo close it wasnt funny, and hampstead took a leaf out of unions books and pointed simultaneously as the ball was grounded

check that last Inglis try again - too many doubts from kick to grounding, and yet they just go TRY

:wacko: [/b]
Then of course there was the King - no try - ruling... I didn't get that at all aye. The commentators were in agreeance, but I was pretty sure that the rule states that you only have to have a fingertip touching the ball for it to be a try! And he certainly had that. Was silly of King though... he shoulda put the ball under his arm.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 25 2006, 04:31 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@May 25 2006, 03:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 25 2006, 03:38 PM

for sure SANZAR

:wacko:
Then of course there was the King - no try - ruling... I didn't get that at all aye. The commentators were in agreeance, but I was pretty sure that the rule states that you only have to have a fingertip touching the ball for it to be a try! And he certainly had that. Was silly of King though... he shoulda put the ball under his arm. [/b]
yeah the ruling is always contradicting one another

one weekend u hear - he has no control of the ball

the next weekend u hear - he only has to get some torso or hand on it

leagues always had a few ruling/admin issues.........this is just another one they gotto fix along judiciary, video ref when does he come in and when doesnt he - ie rakings etc

I thought king clearly dropped the ball but maybe i was watching a different game. hampstead is a deadset joke. he made so many bad calls in that game. the game was fairly average for an origin game both teams seemed not to be ready and the ref didn't help either.

it wasnt as hyped up as the majority of state of origin matches are..

maybe if we chuck in a bit of mundine talk..we might actually get 2 hyped up matches that we will never forget.

Originally posted by esoj@May 26 2006, 02:28 PM
I thought king clearly dropped the ball but maybe i was watching a different game.
King did lose control of the ball, but that's not what I'm saying, my point is that in other games they've rule similar things as try's... The point was that even though he lost control, his hands never actually stop touching the ball completely, and that means it should have been a try.

he quite clearly knocked it on imo. the video refs are always dodgy but that looked very clear cut to me.

Originally posted by esoj@May 27 2006, 12:00 PM
he quite clearly knocked it on imo. the video refs are always dodgy but that looked very clear cut to me.
Watch it again, he loses control, but his hand never actually stops touching it completely before it hits the ground. The point is that try's are awarded when a bit of the torso is touching the ball, so why not this.

I go for Queensland :)

Cant stand NSW but always hope the Doggies players have a good game and dont get injured.

Wasnt gutted with the loss as atleast they came back..onya Queensland :p.

They'll come out firing at suncorp!!

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@May 28 2006, 04:37 PM

Cant stand NSW but always hope the Doggies players have a good game and dont get injured.

Man, you're a bloody weird one aren't you? You're a kiwi who goes for the Kiwi international team, but goes for the Bulldogs and not the warriors at NRL level and then you go for Qld in SOO, despite the fact that your NRL team is a NSW one...
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you suffer from multiple personality disorder?

Originally posted by sanzar+May 28 2006, 05:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@May 28 2006, 04:37 PM

Man, you're a bloody weird one aren't you? You're a kiwi who goes for the Kiwi international team, but goes for the Bulldogs and not the warriors at NRL level and then you go for Qld in SOO, despite the fact that your NRL team is a NSW one...
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you suffer from multiple personality disorder? [/b]
Yeah i am a weird one.

I dislike NSW because the roosters players play for NSW and i hate them :ranting:

But as i said i cheer for the dogs players..but i wasnt cheering for willie mason:p, he can play well but not that well ffs lol :(

:cheers:

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+May 28 2006, 08:49 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 28 2006, 05:53 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you suffer from multiple personality disorder?
Yeah i am a weird one.

I dislike NSW because the roosters players play for NSW and i hate them :ranting:

But as i said i cheer for the dogs players..but i wasnt cheering for willie mason:p, he can play well but not that well ffs lol :(

:cheers: [/b]
That Roosters comment makes no sense... untill this year, we've always had at least 2 players playing for Qld as well. In fact I'm pretty sure one year we had more players in the Maroons than the Bluse. Does that mean you can't support Qld either?

Originally posted by sanzar+May 28 2006, 09:51 PM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@May 28 2006, 08:49 PM

Yeah i am a weird one.

That Roosters comment makes no sense... untill this year, we've always had at least 2 players playing for Qld as well. In fact I'm pretty sure one year we had more players in the Maroons than the Bluse. Does that mean you can't support Qld either? [/b]
No but, most of the roosters players play for nsw, and my most hated rooster player minichiello is a nsw player...

Plus i cant really stand braith anasta atm.. :unsure:

A bit of news for Origin 2 here: Hodges is gonna be out for 5 weeks with a ham string tear... that's a pretty big blow for the banana benders.

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+May 29 2006, 08:28 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 28 2006, 09:51 PM

Yeah i am a weird one.

That Roosters comment makes no sense... untill this year, we've always had at least 2 players playing for Qld as well. In fact I'm pretty sure one year we had more players in the Maroons than the Bluse. Does that mean you can't support Qld either?
No but, most of the roosters players play for nsw, and my most hated rooster player minichiello is a nsw player...
[/b]
Mini? What's to hate about him? He's the greatest fullback the game has seen in 20 years (acording to Belamy) :D . But seriously, the Dogs have more players in the Blues this year...

Originally posted by sanzar+May 30 2006, 01:06 AM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@May 29 2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 28 2006, 09:51 PM

Yeah i am a weird one.

Mini? What's to hate about him? He's the greatest fullback the game has seen in 20 years (acording to Belamy) :D . But seriously, the Dogs have more players in the Blues this year... [/b]
calm down mate we all have players we dont like

personally i like the eels, but i go for queensland... y you ask?

cause when i fisrt started watching SOO i didnt understand what was going on. i picked the team colour i liked (i think i was like 10-12 or something) now i understand more of what its about but i still go for queensland. mainly probably because they are the underdog, but they play with so much passion (bar last week)

i still watch the eels players like hindmarsh, grothe and tahu (though i hate tahu) you cant like every player :)

Latest posts