• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin - Game 1, 23/05/2012

I love how people all over the world are watching the game live at home on TV, but I'm here watching a crappy stream because the Perth TV channels refuse to show it live...

But yea, NSW on fire. Keep it up!

I was so wrapted that NSW keep bombing to Brent Tate. I knew he had it covered, he was the man last night.

They went to Boyd early and got a try there. I thought they might have tried him again. Boyd was running nicely though.

NSW seemed to have better stinging defence but Queensland just knew how to get around that. YEAH!!

Bit dissapointed with the fight. There could have been more people involved in it. But Queensland did well throwing numbers into it where it was one stage 6 Queenslanders onto one NSW guy. Great support play and they obviously been improving in that. Jennings took on 9 at some point. Obviously NSW got to work on.

For the rugby Smith, Boyd and Myles were the standouts for me. Myles and Smith was awesome in defense and it proof the difference in the end.

I really enjoyed the game guys, some pretty good Origin action. I thought NSW came out guns blazing but their finishing lacked polish and that missed penalty really hurt ther cause. As well the sin binning early to Jennings who came running into that fight punches blazing was justified and costly to the Blues. Carney had a bit of a rough go of things at points as well.

Not sure that last Queensland try should have been awarded, kind of looked like the kick of the ball to prevent the put down was accidental.

Reffing was pretty average.. I preferred it when they let a bit extra go in origin. Jennings shouldn'y have been binned. Bird shouldn't have been pinged for that dump tackle either. I realise both incidents would have been red cards and about 4 year bans in rugby but origin usually lets the rules go a bit further.

I'm a QLD follower and I reckon NSW had it tough, that last try was pretty ridiculous.

Reffing was pretty average.. I preferred it when they let a bit extra go in origin. Jennings shouldn'y have been binned. Bird shouldn't have been pinged for that dump tackle either. I realise both incidents would have been red cards and about 4 year bans in rugby but origin usually lets the rules go a bit further.

I'm a QLD follower and I reckon NSW had it tough, that last try was pretty ridiculous.

Yeah I agree 100%. The reff(s) were a bit stricter than usual.

If the last try wasnt awarded and it finished at 12 10 to Queensland, I wouldve had a bit more money but Im just happy Queensland won. YEAH!

Latest posts