State of Origin - Game 2, 13/06/2012

TRF_melon

Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Thor
state_of_origin.jpg

Rouuuuund two...FIGHT!!!

New South Wales have made a couple of changes with the expected change being Anthony Watmough moving on to the Blue's bench for injured manly team mate Tony Williams.

Despite only being handed 8 minutes of game time in Origin 1 to impress, Jamie Buhrer was given the punt. Luke Lewis moves from the staring side to the bench to fill the utility position on the bench.

Gallen moves from Prop to replace Bird at lock, with Bird moving to partner Stewart in the second row.

To top off the reshuffling, penrith youngster Tim Grant will make his debut at prop. Wests' Tigers prop Aaron Woods was widely tipped to secure the vacant position, however Tim Grant's dominant game against the cowboys in round 12 allowed Blues coach Ricky Stuart to make up his mind.

New South Wales

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Grant
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Trent Merrin
15. Luke Lewis
16. Ben Creagh
17. Anthony Watmough

Queensland (Expected team. Official team to be named 05/05/2012. Update to follow.)

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matt Gillett
15. David Taylor
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Shillington

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game especially after a good first round. Queensland still look the better side on paper but Stuart's game plan in round one was fairly effective. How do you rate Grant melon? I've only seen him once as I haven't caught very many Penrith games this season.

While I'm more a supporter of Queensland it would be nice to see NSW pick up a win and make game three all the more important.

Edit: The Queensland lineup(as of now) is indeed as melon has stated.

Last edited:
Neither, considering wet conditions are predicted a closer game should result.

I predict if Thurston fires, QLD will win, otherwise it will be a NSW win...just have a funny feeling...

Can't wait for this game especially after a good first round. Queensland still look the better side on paper but Stuart's game plan in round one was fairly effective. How do you rate Grant melon? I've only seen him once as I haven't caught very many Penrith games this season.

While I'm more a supporter of Queensland it would be nice to see NSW pick up a win and make game three all the more important.

Edit: The Queensland lineup(as of now) is indeed as melon has stated.

To be honest mate, I've seen sweet F.A. of him playing but from what I've seen he's got some go in him! He dominated the Cowboys up front in May and rarely has what I'd call a "bad" game, however from what I have seen I would have picked Aaron Woods instead. I suppose coach Stuart thought Grant's style of game play would fit in to the Blue's game plan a bit better than Woods.

Regarding the lineup Little Guy, Sam Thaiday is out from what I understand.

Another fun one to watch some great tries, that sin binning really costing Queensland big time in the end. Awesome that the decider will be held in Queensland on the 4th of July.

Do you expect any changed to the Queensland lineup for next game melon? It looked to me as if a lot of their guys were battling through their injuries and/or were just plain tired out there.

If everyone is fit for game 3, I'd imagine Thaiday will come back in to the starting lineup with Taylor taking a seat on the bench and Parker missing out all together. So pretty much as per game 1.

If NSW lost last night I reckon Uate would have been dropped. He's shithouse.

I thought Tim Grant had a pretty decent debut.

Latest posts