• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

STATE OF ORIGIN III

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jul 5 2006, 11:36 PM
Definitely some crazy 'tries' and no-tries in that game...
Hodgson just can't handle the big games aye... he pulled a Kimmorley tonight! That was just unforgiveable.

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 6 2006, 12:51 AM
The referee was Spanish.
Or Graham Poll in disguise.

Yeah I saw that it was a sell-out which is good - I bet that Storm would love it if they could sell half the tickets to the Dome.

It was still surprising that there was hardly any publicity in Melbourne about the decider. Weird!

was a wicked game though, the vid ref was ghey. but it was a good game, but marred by weird calls

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 5 2006, 11:30 PM
and i hope ak had mogg for the first try

BOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :cheers:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Egg Mogg comes good again!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Had $5 @ $15.00 = $75.00

But wait theres more :bleh!:

I covered every Raider playing for 1st, last, MoM, and even the new great sportsbet - 1st try with winner+margin

So on another ticket........I had Mogg 1st, QLD 1-12 paying $230.00

And bob ya bloody uncle....hodgo brain explosion, QLD go over.....i was in la la land, ****** as a fart, but didnt know how to react......$300.00 richer, QLD win...Joke of video reffing............

I just went home, and slept, thinking - Well QLD deserved the series.......Mogg had a blinder, I have just topped my own record of TAB clean-up, since 2001 Melbourne Cup

Poor Melbournians must be scratching their heads not knowing what the rules are.
:lol2tn:

The 2nd video ref debacle was a get square from the 1st shocker......again a blight on the game.....the referee on the field should go to a monitor like NFL, and rule on this crap...having another opinion produces risk of inconsistency, and we copped that flack last night.

Anyways, not that I ever believed origin was dead n buried in QLD.....but now, u gotto admit, QLD will dominate in the coming years with Thurston at the helm, and an aging dads army in NSW will only get worse, as there is nothing on the horizon, except Jamie Lyon.

mogg almost got the last try as well, that would have been funny your a legend ak :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 6 2006, 10:05 AM
mogg almost got the last try as well, that would have been funny your a legend ak :)
dude at the point in time i was on the table screaming

the game was lost, we didnt deserve it, and another $75.00 would have really taken the cake

i cannot believe how close he came to scoring the last....friggin fumble fumble fumble...........man it was in slow motion, and i was suspended mid air, like the matrix.........just hoping the 'Hand of half man half dog' would palm the ball into the turf.

not to be........did president clinton even play........people are giving me crap now.....i did talk him up...........but it does appear locky needs hunt, and shif can only work of jason smith :p

If Hunt plays QLD win by 13+ again
NSW were never in it this series IMO
We needed Joey.......only a Lyon share can save us from defeats in the coming years.

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM

We needed Joey.......only a Lyon share can save us from defeats in the coming years.
Yeah, Qld just have more creative players at the moment... We have same great attacking weapons, but without that one great attacking freak that we've always had we can't win! We've got to find a new one soon too, or there'll be at least 3 years straight of Qld dominance. I'm sure we'll find one though... We had Stuart, then Daley devolped into the next great player, then Fittler and Johns. Obviously no one compares to Johns, but we don't have anyone of the calibre of any of those players at the moment and Qld have 2!

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 6 2006, 10:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM

Yeah, Qld just have more creative players at the moment... We have same great attacking weapons, but without that one great attacking freak that we've always had we can't win! We've got to find a new one soon too, or there'll be at least 3 years straight of Qld dominance. I'm sure we'll find one though... We had Stuart, then Daley devolped into the next great player, then Fittler and Johns. Obviously no one compares to Johns, but we don't have anyone of the calibre of any of those players at the moment and Qld have 2! [/b]
Time for you to put on those footie boots again eh? :p

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jul 6 2006, 11:02 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 6 2006, 10:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM

Yeah, Qld just have more creative players at the moment... We have same great attacking weapons, but without that one great attacking freak that we've always had we can't win! We've got to find a new one soon too, or there'll be at least 3 years straight of Qld dominance. I'm sure we'll find one though... We had Stuart, then Daley devolped into the next great player, then Fittler and Johns. Obviously no one compares to Johns, but we don't have anyone of the calibre of any of those players at the moment and Qld have 2!
Time for you to put on those footie boots again eh? :p [/b]
Yeah, well I'd still be better than Brett Finch at half :p .

i was going for the blues all the way...but i think queensland deserved that try...that video ref was a gayc***

that hodgson try off the bomb made me go for queensland a bit..

but at the end of day

**** YOU QUEEEEEENSLAND!!!

Originally posted by ak47+Jul 5 2006, 05:39 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 5 2006, 05:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Jul 5 2006, 01:22 PM
Tonight, in melbourne should be an awesome game

on a dry track with no wind (i beleive its under the roof isnt it?)

hopefully queensland can come back and win the series instead of losing for the fourth time in a row. should be a good game.

in my opinion queensland have played the better football for longer. first half of first game they were down 14-0 (i think) and ended up losing 17-16 (right? this is just off the top of my head)

second game totally outplayed new south wales and hopefully can hold them off again.

what are your thoughts? if anyone has thoughts

I'm going.

Woot.
Your B'Day present right?

Happy B'day

Also give us a run down of the atmosphere

i havent been to the dome yet.........apparantly at full house u cant hear **** from the person next to you [/b]
State of Origin is the greatest f***ing Sporting event in the World... this isn't the first one I went to, but it was the first I really appreciated and understood.

Atmosphere was fricking great, me and my mate were one row from the front just left of the halfway... not even the rich ******** in the boxes had a better view then us.

Even the train ride to the game was awesome, with a lot of banter, swearing and even a scrap in the next carrage. The crowd was awesome, i'm not sure if theres alot of closet League fans here in Vic or alot of people made the trip down south, but there were no fair weather fans here, nothing but die hards from where I was sitting. Seemed to be alot of New Zealanders around (all in their Queensland Maroon of course).

The crowd, as you said was loud at the Dome, but I've been there for AFL, Cricket and Union, but none matched the noise made last night.

The Game itself was alright... not the best, but what it lacked in flair it made up in inteseness. Although when the Video Ref gave that try right after disallowing a perfectly good QLD try, I swear a riot was about to break out. Good thing he ruled that 50/50 NSW try in QLD's favour.

Best moment of the nights was Clinton Schisofikie (sp?) shaking my big rubber hand, John Howard getting booed during the presentation and walking out of the stadium afterwards high fiving every Queenslander we saw while my NSW mate hung his head in shame. Oh and Lockyers match winning try.

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@Jul 6 2006, 02:14 PM
Bring back Alfie Langer. ONE...More....Time !!!
Bring back Joey Johns ONE MORE TIME! If he played last night, we'd have won by 20+

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 6 2006, 03:26 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 5 2006, 05:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah

hopefully queensland can come back and win the series instead of losing for the fourth time in a row. should be a good game.

in my opinion queensland have played the better football for longer. first half of first game they were down 14-0 (i think) and ended up losing 17-16 (right? this is just off the top of my head)

second game totally outplayed new south wales and hopefully can hold them off again.

I'm going.

Woot.

Happy B'day

i havent been to the dome yet.........apparantly at full house u cant hear **** from the person next to you
State of Origin is the greatest f***ing Sporting event in the World... this isn't the first one I went to, but it was the first I really appreciated and understood.

Atmosphere was fricking great, me and my mate were one row from the front just left of the halfway... not even the rich ******** in the boxes had a better view then us.

Even the train ride to the game was awesome, with a lot of banter, swearing and even a scrap in the next carrage. The crowd was awesome, i'm not sure if theres alot of closet League fans here in Vic or alot of people made the trip down south, but there were no fair weather fans here, nothing but die hards from where I was sitting. Seemed to be alot of New Zealanders around (all in their Queensland Maroon of course).

The crowd, as you said was loud at the Dome, but I've been there for AFL, Cricket and Union, but none matched the noise made last night.

The Game itself was alright... not the best, but what it lacked in flair it made up in inteseness. Although when the Video Ref gave that try right after disallowing a perfectly good QLD try, I swear a riot was about to break out. Good thing he ruled that 50/50 NSW try in QLD's favour.

Best moment of the nights was Clinton Schisofikie (sp?) shaking my big rubber hand, John Howard getting booed during the presentation and walking out of the stadium afterwards high fiving every Queenslander we saw while my NSW mate hung his head in shame. Oh and Lockyers match winning try. [/b]
They couldn't of all been diehards. Didn't you hear the AFL version of the Queenslander chant? "Queensland" clap clap clap.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 6 2006, 03:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah

I'm going.

Woot.

Happy B'day

i havent been to the dome yet.........apparantly at full house u cant hear **** from the person next to you

Best moment of the nights was Clinton Schisofikie (sp?) shaking my big rubber hand, John Howard getting booed during the presentation and walking out of the stadium afterwards high fiving every Queenslander we saw while my NSW mate hung his head in shame. Oh and Lockyers match winning try. [/b]
Man you are lucky....or rich...

So how long you gonna be there????? 10....20 years? :lol: .................. :p

Originally posted by Wally+Jul 6 2006, 07:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 6 2006, 03:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah

I'm going.

Woot.

Happy B'day

Best moment of the nights was Clinton Schisofikie (sp?) shaking my big rubber hand, John Howard getting booed during the presentation and walking out of the stadium afterwards high fiving every Queenslander we saw while my NSW mate hung his head in shame. Oh and Lockyers match winning try.
They couldn't of all been diehards. Didn't you hear the AFL version of the Queenslander chant? "Queensland" clap clap clap. [/b]
I don't think I saw anybody without either a Cap or T-Shirt on (and they were flogging stuff like ordinary white Shirts with a **** small logo on for $75 a pop outside the stadium) so they must have atleast had a passing interest in the game.

And I think that chanting **** was on the other side... the closet we got to chanting was two ****** New Zealand natives having an arguement.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 6 2006, 03:26 PM
rich ********
im sorry - what?

i myself missed the game, just got back from the snow you see, and out of cash. worked a 12hr shift at work, starting at 9am on thrusday :wacko:

12hours? pffft, you think that's bad? I worked from 1pm Saturday till 7am Sunday two weeks ago (night duty called in sick).
Still though, cleaned up with my paycheck :D .

Latest posts