• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers!

K

Kalium

A you all know the stormers is not so good at this moment, but watch them in next years super 14! there's gonna be a change in everything in the team, the gameplan ect. Rassie is their new coach, so bulls+sharks you must watch out. Rassie is already busy buying young stars from other clubs. :lol2tn:

Sorry brother but you say everytime watch them next year. I am getting tired of hearing that.
:bleh!:

Well, you`ll have to go far to find a better backline, on paper at least, than the Stormers class of 2007- Jean De Villiers, Brent Russell, Conrad Jantjies, Peter Grant, Tonderai Chavanga, Breyton Paulse, Bolla Conradie- all capped Bokke. Throw in the flair of the 7`s Boks like Aplon, and you get the picture. And the entire back row of Van Niekerk, Burger and Watson are also capped Boks. And exactly where did that get us? Super 9th place on the log, that`s where.

Right, so 3 areas have been identified as real problematic- the coaching, the management and the captaincy. Fortunately in Rassie, we look to have a more astute coach on board for next season. But unless Wagner, the CEO, dies or fecks off, I really can`t see us improving much more than maybe, maybe sneeking up to 6th place at best. Under Wagner`s watch, we`ve lost Pieter De Villiers to France, Cobus Visagie to Saracens, Guthro Steenkamp to the Free State( before becoming a Bull), Pat Barnard to England- and the only "fatty" we`ve been able to keep for more than 3 seasons is Eddie Andrews- because we can`t sell him. Heck, we can`t even give him away. And without a right shoulder, well you`re basically screwed. Just ask the Reds....

And don`t get me started on Luke`s lack of leadership skills. He can`t even keep his composure in the face of a CC game against the B-Bulls. And there was so much talk about rifts in the Stormers camp last season, where there`s a smoke.......

So basically what I`m saying is this- unless we start afresh, new captain and new CEO to go with the new coach, and are patient, building on little successes at a time, getting more consistent, well, mid-table mediocrity it`ll be again.

A you all know the stormers is not so good at this moment, but watch them in next years super 14! there's gonna be a change in everything in the team, the gameplan ect. Rassie is their new coach, so bulls+sharks you must watch out. Rassie is already busy buying young stars from other clubs. :lol2tn: [/b]
In a way I agree.With Rassie in control I am expecting a much more organized outfit with a great worked out gameplan.Instead of just running around the park with no real idea of what's going on like when they were coached by Kobus.Also I believe Rassie can get a bunch of players to play great rugby even if they are not as skilled as other players in other provinces.So yep.Next year should be better but I won't expect a miracle and Currie Cup in 2008.Maybe in 2009. :bravo:

Well, you`ll have to go far to find a better backline, on paper at least, than the Stormers class of 2007- Jean De Villiers, Brent Russell, Conrad Jantjies, Peter Grant, Tonderai Chavanga, Breyton Paulse, Bolla Conradie- all capped Bokke. Throw in the flair of the 7`s Boks like Aplon, and you get the picture. And the entire back row of Van Niekerk, Burger and Watson are also capped Boks. And exactly where did that get us? Super 9th place on the log, that`s where.

Right, so 3 areas have been identified as real problematic- the coaching, the management and the captaincy. Fortunately in Rassie, we look to have a more astute coach on board for next season. But unless Wagner, the CEO, dies or fecks off, I really can`t see us improving much more than maybe, maybe sneeking up to 6th place at best. Under Wagner`s watch, we`ve lost Pieter De Villiers to France, Cobus Visagie to Saracens, Guthro Steenkamp to the Free State( before becoming a Bull), Pat Barnard to England- and the only "fatty" we`ve been able to keep for more than 3 seasons is Eddie Andrews- because we can`t sell him. Heck, we can`t even give him away. And without a right shoulder, well you`re basically screwed. Just ask the Reds....

And don`t get me started on Luke`s lack of leadership skills. He can`t even keep his composure in the face of a CC game against the B-Bulls. And there was so much talk about rifts in the Stormers camp last season, where there`s a smoke.......

So basically what I`m saying is this- unless we start afresh, new captain and new CEO to go with the new coach, and are patient, building on little successes at a time, getting more consistent, well, mid-table mediocrity it`ll be again.
[/b]
Thanx for that reply, I can see you know your rugby. I agree 100% with you!

Thanks mate. Do you maybe know which players Rassie is busy talking to? I`ve heard rumours that he`s been talking to Jannie Du Plessis from the Free State and Brian Mujati from the Lions, although nothing`s been confirmed yet. But good to know he`s at least looking in the right place, at a decent tighthead prop. Do you know of anybody who`se been confirmed for Province, or any other players he is rumoured to be talking to?

Thanks mate. Do you maybe know which players Rassie is busy talking to? I`ve heard rumours that he`s been talking to Jannie Du Plessis from the Free State and Brian Mujati from the Lions, although nothing`s been confirmed yet. But good to know he`s at least looking in the right place, at a decent tighthead prop. Do you know of anybody who`se been confirmed for Province, or any other players he is rumoured to be talking to?
[/b]
I read an article in the SA Rugby that Rassie's busy dealing with players from samoa and Figi, Im excited to see some new talent in the club, aslong as it not degrading the teams morale.

Well, you`ll have to go far to find a better backline, on paper at least[/b]

Well rugby isn't played on paper, because if it was the All Blacks would've won all 5 world cups.

Jannie Du Plessis turned down a offer from Rassie, he's going to the Sharks.

<div class='quotemain'> Well, you`ll have to go far to find a better backline, on paper at least[/b]

Well rugby isn't played on paper, because if it was the All Blacks would've won all 5 world cups.

Jannie Du Plessis turned down a offer from Rassie, he's going to the Sharks.
[/b][/quote]
Uhm...I think Rassie knows what he is doing, buy on paper and win on field, we can only be patient and watch the next Stormers VS Bulls game. you will be suprised.

You can buy as much as you like, if the structures aren't right they still won't win.

You can buy as much as you like, if the structures aren't right they still won't win.
[/b]
If the spirit and comittment is there that Rassie can give them, they certainly will win.
"Ek weet Rassie gaan 'n verskil maak!"

Maar ons kyk maar die wedstryd tussen die Bulle en WP dan praat ons na die tyd.
Cheers, nice week-end :wall:

Nog 'n man wat Afrikaans praat maar 'n man wat nie besef dat die Bulle gaan wen!!!!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
If the spirit and comittment is there that Rassie can give them, they certainly will win.

Cheers, nice week-end :wall: [/b][/quote]

The commitment needs to come from the players, something that is missing in WP rugby.

Yup, commitment as well as the structures. Basically, what Rassie needs to do is to get the structures right, from the age-group levels up. And importing some Pacific Islanders will not do any good, unfortunately. We`ve already got all of the backline flair we`ll ever need. What we need is some "hardebaard" tight forwards. And you won`t find those in the PI`s unfortunately. Any news on what`s happening with Brian Mujati?

Yup, commitment as well as the structures. Basically, what Rassie needs to do is to get the structures right, from the age-group levels up. And importing some Pacific Islanders will not do any good, unfortunately. We`ve already got all of the backline flair we`ll ever need. What we need is some "hardebaard" tight forwards. And you won`t find those in the PI`s unfortunately. Any news on what`s happening with Brian Mujati?
[/b]
As far as I know is the deal done, Mujati on his way to Cape Town. :bana:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Cheers, nice week-end :wall: [/b][/quote]

The commitment needs to come from the players, something that is missing in WP rugby.
[/b][/quote]
Something that WAS missing Rassie is going to make a diffrence. ;)

Great news on Mujati hey, he really impressed me in the S14. Great young tighthead.

Are Mujati really going to the stormers?????
Which other players are they looking to buy?

Good news, fellow longsuffering Province/Stormers buggers! For the 1st time in years, we have not 1, but 2 trophies in the Newlands trophy cabinet. Thank you very much to both our u/19 and u/21 Streeptruitjies, for winning their respective finals, against the Bulls, nogal!

So now the trick will be to retain that type of talent, and to get them to produce on the bigger stage of senior provincial rugby. The sad thing though, is that 2 of our u/19 stars, cenrte Stephan Dippenaar and the big scrumhalf, Francois Hougaard, have both opted to sign contracts with the Bulls. It is this type of thing that Rassie needs to get sorted asap., if we hope to become competitive in the near future again.

the wiepie will have to do a lot more than buy a good coach and a few players before they will become a challenge again. but good luck for them in any case

the wiepie will have to do a lot more than buy a good coach and a few players before they will become a challenge again. but good luck for them in any case [/b]

Uhm, like starting with winning some age-group tourneys, then retaining those players and building towards the future with those guys?

Step 1 has been achieved- winning at age-group level. While this is absolutely not a recipe for 2008 success, it`s something that can be built on towards the future. Just ask the Bulls where their success over the last decade has come from- it`s started with them dominating at the age-group levels. These youngsters were then retained, incorporated into the system and culture, and a few years later you had the start of their dynasty. May Province learn from this.

Latest posts