• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Street Fighter IV or Killzone 2

W

Wally

As you know I live off welfare cheques from the government and the cheese that sticks to mcdonalds bags so I am currently in no position to own both these ***les. I know they are totally different genres but if anyone out there has played them both could you recommend one of them to me?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Mar 8 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As you know I live off welfare cheques from the government and the cheese that sticks to mcdonalds bags so I am currently in no position to own both these ***les. I know they are totally different genres but if anyone out there has played them both could you recommend one of them to me?[/b]
Without even seeing what the new street fighter looks like I would still choose it over Killzone 2.

I like to see beauty in a game so KZ2 is not my choice as it is very monotonous with red eyes to aim at and dark environments.

I'd say get Killzone but with you being on the cheap try renting them first, then decide.

Street Fighter IV... No contest.As Gay-Guy says, you're tossing up between a thoroughly enjoyable game with bucketloads of character, and a generic "nothing special" FPS.

No contest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Mar 8 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Street Fighter IV... No contest.As Gay-Guy says, you're tossing up between a thoroughly enjoyable game with bucketloads of character, and a generic "nothing special" FPS.

No contest.[/b]

First person shooters on consoles are ***** unless you have got used to them stupid controls, and if so then Killzone does look good.

However I went for Streetfighter 4 and its damned slick. It's a bit overpriced for what is essentially StreetFighter II from 18 years ago with slick graphics. It plays like the original which is a good thing. I think they're referring to it as 2½D graphics cos you do get some 3D views but not ones that effect you not being able to see WTF is going on while yer still playing. So yeh it still plays like a 2D fighting game.

Online it comes into its own and you can challenge people from all over the world. Plus point is before you accept or challenge someone to a fight you can see an indicator telling you what your connection will be like with them (aslong as it is 3 bars or over you shouldn't experience any lag).

Anyways as usual in most PS3 or Xbox games theres RANKED and UNRANKED matches. In ranked matches you earn BATTLEPOINTS by winning the match. You don't know how much BP's a person has till the end of the match. In my case I have 560 battlepoints at the moment and If I beat a guy with 3000 odd BP's then you get a hefty amount of points added and he loses a MASSIVE amount of pts. If I lost tho, then he wouldn't gain much BP and I wouldn't lose much either. At the moment the top ranked player has 8000 BP with all the leaderboards to track. BE WARNED : - there are some very good players out there that will make you want to throw your pad through yer tele.

In short I'm a massive Streetfighter fan and had to get it and while the graphics are good it's by no means a NextGen game like Killzone. It's what you dreamed StreetFighter II to look like when you played it in the arcade nearly 20 yrs ago.

I cannot wait until the 28th of April and I get a decent pay cheque... I'll be getting SF4 and going bonkers.

Bottom line, Killzone 2 for sure. I played both Street Fight IV and WWE Raw vs Raw 2009 with a mate today and Street Fighter WASNT EVEN COMPARABLE. Killzone 2 shits on the chest of SFIV.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Mar 18 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you love Killzone 2 so much why don't you MARRY it!!??[/b]

Why don't you go rent a motel room with Street Fighter IV, if you love it so much you ******* who is fat!

First time i ever played Street Fighter was on ZX Spectrum.. it's come a long way since then. SF2 (the 2D arcade version) is just one of those classics that cannot be bettered.. so any update is just never going to win even though it can come close.. it loses it's ambience because it can never surpass the original.

I never quite enjoy the 3D fighters quite like the old 2D ones.. the only one i loved was the original Tekken, again because it was just superb at the time. Maybe it's just me and what i grew up with, but the retro games are just unbeatable in my mind like SWOS, Tekken and the aforementioned Street Fighter 2.

Shoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuken!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Mar 17 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bottom line, Killzone 2 for sure. I played both Street Fight IV and WWE Raw vs Raw 2009 with a mate today and Street Fighter WASNT EVEN COMPARABLE. Killzone 2 shits on the chest of SFIV.[/b]

Skydiving shits on the chest of Chess.

Heh nice Sig Mite, bar the Engerland emblem :p

When you get it, add me and we can have an England Wales showdown...

I only play it for bout an hour at a time tho cos otherwise I get Streetfighter thumb (symptoms include : - while blocking you get carried away and put FAR too much pressure on the pad/stick to defend than is necessary, as for some reason subconsciously you think this will block better, therefore ending up with a sore thumb).

In the meantime, I already have SF2 HD remix on the 360. TehMite is my username if you fancy a bash on that.

Fk the Police *wooka wook wook wook*, Teh Mite and that homo Roddy. No im not of sound mind.

Who was the little thrush face that edited my post?

Anyway, question was why does KZ2, amongst other modern FPS ***les, choose to leave out co-op and other non online multiplayer modes?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Mar 26 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who was the little thrush face that edited my post?

Anyway, question was why does KZ2, amongst other modern FPS ***les, choose to leave out co-op and other non online multiplayer modes?[/b]

I think it's to encourage the use of online play. Quite unfortunate really...I went to play split screen the other day and was outraged when we couldn't.

Latest posts