• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Its about time a feedback response is undertaken, like thanks for your ideas, we especially would like to mention blah blah blah and at least that would help let us know your listening!!

Expand the silver wear dramatically
look to maximize the amount of trophies that can be won I know that you can win the Bledisloe Cup can be won during the tri nations but for example the aussies play for trophies all the time...................
Mandela Challenge Plate vs. south Africa
Hopetoun Cup against Scotland
Lansdowne Cup against Ireland
Puma Trophy against Argentina
Trophee des Bicentenaires against France
the Cook Cup against England
James Bevan Trophy against Wales.

Last edited:
should also be more to do after making the tackle, and after being tackled in 1-on-1 situations or where attacking players are isolated

1)a button to seal the ball/hold on - can concede a penalty if holding on to the ball too long after being tackled. this is useful in waiting for support, assuming they do not take too long.

2)a button to steal the ball on defense - can draw a penalty if trying to steal and opposing player is holding the designated button to not release.

of course there should still be hands in the ruck with R3, as in previous rugby games, once the ruck is formed.

should also be more to do after making the tackle, and after being tackled in 1-on-1 situations or where attacking players are isolated

1)a button to seal the ball/hold on - can concede a penalty if holding on to the ball too long after being tackled. this is useful in waiting for support, assuming they do not take too long.

2)a button to steal the ball on defense - can draw a penalty if trying to steal and opposing player is holding the designated button to not release.

of course there should still be hands in the ruck with R3, as in previous rugby games, once the ruck is formed.

erm aren't you describing the current ruck mechanism?? Hold the thumb stick down to seal off the ball and to steal... never mind lol

erm aren't you describing the current ruck mechanism?? Hold the thumb stick down to seal off the ball and to steal... never mind lol

there is no way to steal the ball unless you use hands in the ruck in the old games, is there? i mean legally getting to your feet after making a tackle and stealing.

all i know is that i think releasing and holding onto the ball after being tackled should play more of a role if possible, as releasing too early or too late after being tackled often results in a turnover in real life.

WOULD BE SOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

A manager type mode for the international season. You pick whatever team, choose the squad and you get the international fixtures. You have to deal with injuries, and win a certain amount of games in the year. You win that amount of games in that year, you progress to the next year. I would play 24/7 and let my business go to **** if they put in a mode like this

It would be good too for the players/gamers have the opportunity to customize their own set plays and use them in the game.

This would definitely make the game more competitive.

In addition, in defense, it would be good to control more than one player. For there are two analogs on the PS3. And setting one analog for one player would definitely make the defensive play more interesting.The previous rugby game was very easy, only on attacking play. The defensive play was hard to control, cause non-selected players would only defend their own way.

try get top 14 licence so i can play as Stade Francais in they awesome kits wooo hooooo pink is a real man colour lol

Bit of a stream of conciousness I apologise...

really simple one, shouldnt take much effort or resources; tacklers being dragged along a bit in the tackle, eg if a big man runs into the fullback, depending on the size of player in comparison to the strength and size and technique of the tackler, the tackler man only be able to slow the runner, possibly bringing him down after 5/10 metres or so, also depending on where the tackler hits the runner, eg if he tries to take him high, he could be pushed off by a strong runner, but if the runner isnt strong and the tackler is he can wrap him up and possibly turn him over.

Add that to the possibility of gang tackles al la madden, then a weak tackler may be able to slow down the runner and then be aided by a fellow tackler, but if its Parisse being tackled by ben foden and another small man then he may still drag them some way, depending on the cumulative weights/strengths/techniques etc.

basically make it so strong runners dont just either "get tackled or dont get tackled" as the current ver, lets have it so the size and power of the runner is put to pay in the tackle area, and can make the difference near a try line.

PS this can apply to pick and goes, but i think there needs to be an option to crowd the ruck area with defenders, eg when a ruck is formed press down on the analogue to set pillars and how many, so if camped on the try line then can have a load of defenders for pick and goes, forcing the opponent to ship it wide.

also

pre setting individual players would be good, but a bit more technical. eg being able to set how the player/s act in the game when not being controlled by the used, eg how the back row work (be it set to ball winning, defending, ball carrying etc, so the player can play to their strengths) and then if you want to target a weak player in the opposition eg the fly half then you can set the 7 to rush up in defence or the 8 to ball carry in his channel

bit tech but in 04 you could set whether you play forward or back orientated and this isnt that different

I believe their should be a control player mode where u can create a player and take him through a career mode all the way to international rep..and also play him individually in a selected position u prefer. example: position- flyhalf ' player controls. passing, running, clearing - kicking etc or Winger " ability to call for kick n chase, call for cut out passes, grubbers, Fullback ' saving tries, kick returns, even prop - flanker Captain, second row...any positions, control players salary, willing to extend contracts with clubs, walk out on clubs leaving a bad profile, crowd booing at u, becoming a crowd favorite, unique player celebrations, unique running style, known for hits, steps, contending fior high balls, n many more..

please comment on wat u guys think or am gettin 2 exited lol..

unlockables would be great

In rugby 08 when you finished a year of rwc in challenge mode you unlocked a video, also you get a trophy when you win a tournament. I find it fun when you have to work to unlock something, I think in rugby 12 unlockable should be expanded on such rep teams and clasic teams . Any ideas?:)

world cup qualifying or custom teams so people can play some, loads of teams i'd like to try and win the world cup as

The big kangaroo, definitely agree with you when you have to earn things in a game. It makes it alot more fun to play and enjoyable with an incentive such as unlocking a classic team of the past or a trophy. Also on the Xbox 360 (don't know about the Playsation 3) you unclock achievements which adds to your overall gamer score on your profile on xbox live which gives a more general satisfaction as opposed to just in-game acheivements. back to Rugby 2012 unlockables though and I think as you said the chance to unlock and play with classic teams like England 2003, the Welsh team from the 70's and some of the great sides that the Aussies, Kiwis and Springboks have produced as well as British lions teams and classic club sides would be great and really prolong the life of the game in general.

7's is a different game and would be completely pointless in a full blown Rugby game, mostly because they would have to program two sets of AI one for the normal 15 man rugby and one for 7's it wouldn't work well.

Latest posts