-Choose weather
-Create own team
-Create own competition
-More stadia
-More set play options
-Edit player positions
-Edit players
-Bigger kicking power
-Actual kicking style (e.g. Dan Carter, Quade Cooper, Jonny Wilkinson)
-When kicking to posts, can make the ball curve ( rotate left analog stick)

-You should add the sevens tournament in there so we have more game modes to choose from
-Also make another difficulty as Rugby 08 is still very easy on Elite.
-Roster updates
-Online play

7,s game mode
British and Irish lions
Drop goals from long range
weather conditions
More stadiums (with different mesurements for the pitches . (NOT ALL THE SAME SIZES)
Improved graphics
blood subs
Ability to hear the referee
Legendry difficulty
legendry + classic team
(celebrations) swallow dive by doing this there is a chance of a knock on

Have a mode where you are just one player, and you hvae organise your self, weather in the back line, or forwards :)
oh and a Lions Tour :)

1. A physx enhanced engine, much like Backbreaker. Agreed NFL isnt as free flowing as rugby so it was possibly easier to implement as com[ared to including it into a rugby game, but it works well in Backbreaker.. why take a step back?

2. Kicks that dont take half the game to perform. I can't remember the last time I saw someone getting tackled before they kicked the ball.

3. Realism with the running was always a problem. Being at full pace after 1 step is near impossible. Also props outpacing people like Habana and Montgomery made me rage quit Rugb 08 a fair few times.

4. I think the Q&A tackles the magnetic ball problem but it is about right. Every pass made it there (providing someone was there) and it was always received in both hands with very little fumbling.

5. An ability to kick the ball as it bobbles along the ground, seems fairly sweet.

Yeah, its do-able in '08. In fact, is there not a challenge where you have to do it for a certain distance and then score?

Incidentally, those type of challenges are a good, if a little cheap, way of adding longevity. Some of them took me bloody ages.

For 2012

Harder and less predictable AI (for both your own team and opposition)
More opportunities to use set pieces effectively, in the previous games you'd have to wait for a few seconds as the back line got into position for a set piece and often you'd get turned over before you could release the ball to them. The ability to create set pieces would be handy too but I'm not expecting it in Rugby 2012, in future games though, it would be a good addition.
Better running animations and more control over running animations, for instance; the sidestep, if you got it right in previous games it was a set animation which would have your player going round the opposition player the exact same way every time, maybe more control over sidesteps and hand offs, taking some notes from the jukes and stiff arm abilities in Madden games? They seem like pretty good animations which could suit a new rugby game.
Create a player, This is the part of a game that I spend a lot of time on, and I feel it adds more depth to a sports game.
New player rating system, I personally think it should emulate the FIFA rating system, top players being around 90-92, good players being around 85-89 etc. still relying on their base stats to give them an overall as in previous games, no star players.

For future games (if they are to be made)

Create a team
Downloadable content, including roster updates, and user created teams (if the create a team feature is also present)
Be a pro mode, it's a long shot, but it's been done in madden, so we have an idea about how certain aspects can work.
Manager mode or equivalent, basically, a more in depth world league mode.

Some people's suggestions are a little over ambitious.

I'd like to weigh in with a suggestion for a BE THE BALL mode however. I'll leave the details for HB to flesh out - but suffice to say, there's no way I'll be buying the game unless it's in there. You've been warned.

Some people's suggestions are a little over ambitious.

I'd like to weigh in with a suggestion for a BE THE BALL mode however. I'll leave the details for HB to flesh out - but suffice to say, there's no way I'll be buying the game unless it's in there. You've been warned.

This is a ideas/suggestions thread for an upcoming video game, there's obviously going to be some (probably including me) who are going to have over-ambitious ideas.

An idea i've seen through my continuous Madden playing lol. Online updating of team rosters and possibly player skills as time goes on?

I've been wondering what "Be A Pro" gametype actually involves. Having looked around on youtube, I am actually all for this feature. Implementing it now, and into this game is possibly one of the best advances in rugby gaming, ever.

and it would be quite exciting if the camera swept in behind the kicker, Wachowski style, and presented you with some kind of aiming mechanic. If it was difficult to master, it would be exciting. An elegant solution, sir.

I got thinking of it while playing the International Cricket games, where time slows as the ball approaches a fielding player going for a catch. It really was quite exciting and getting the timing right felt rewarding. It could be a relatively easy small detail that, in my own opinion, would improve gameplay.

I do too - it wouldn't represent too much of a break in play, and would make drop goals more climactic. For all the calls for unprecendented levels of accurate simulation and faultless player stats that I read, none of that usually keeps me coming back to a game, and I'd sacrafice most of it for the promise that the game would actually be fun...

I have made a dedicated thread for this. People are making suggestions in the original thread and I think they could get lost in there. Use this thread to post your ideas about the up and coming game. Please keep them sensible - "Rugby with the FIFA engine" won't wash, for example.

HB ARE watching and may well choose to contribute at any given time. I strongly suggest if you have made a suggestion in the previous thread, you copy and paste your idea into this thread as a new post. This is your chance to get your voice heard. Keep it logical, keep it thoughtful, and make it count!

Edited by C A Iversen
------------------------------------
Collected Rugby 2012 Thoughts:

Gameplay Thoughts:
-----------------------
Ruck control improvements
Quicker kicking animations
Slight limitations on larger punters and enhancement of smaller punters
Set play enhancements
Another lineout throw option (from 3 to 4)
More tackling options, or at least improved animations
Scrum control (turn that works, intentional dive which will occasionally not concede a penalty)
Referee on the field (also may make errors - perhaps an options slider for this)
Weather which may actually have an effect on the game.
Gameplay options to tweak some rules, for a more simulation feel or arcade play.

Online Thoughts:
--------------------
Multiplayer online
Roster updates (if absolutely necessary users would possibly pay for this)
Patches for killer errors, like the '06 France injury one, and the general '08 injury one.

Statistical And DatabaseThoughts:
----------------------
Improved player database accuracy
Playing positions being editable
More licenses for competitions, players etc.
Allow for mods/easy editing of kits/ faces/teams via usb stick.
Create your own team for World League and take them to the top.

More of your condensed suggestions will be added to this end of the thread at a later time. :)

Hi! First of all, my English isn't pretty good, so I apologize for my mistakes haha.
It would be great a "seven mode" and new or different types of sidesteps, a better stiff arm.Also it would be great a mode like PES "be a legend", letting you be a flanker, a prop, a lock,wing, scrum-half, fly-half, centre or fullback, that would be awesome!.
well, that was what I wanted to add... thanks from Argentina! :)

A franchise mode would be awesome, something like what Madden has...Does anyone know who HB are using instead of EA sports...I have heard UbiSoft....

Invitational sides other than the Lions:

- Ability to invite players to play for the Barbarians and assemble a squad to play international sides.
- Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere

Gameplay:

- Player controlled body angle when going into contact.
- Sealing off at breakdowns
- Quickball options if the 9 gets there before forwards clear out
- Players other than the 9 moving to scrum half to play the ball quickly from rucks etc if they arrive there first.
- Tackle options, driving player back in the tackle and possibility of more than one player making each tackle.

Back line moves:

- ability to create them, running lines, dummy runners etc.
- triggers for simple switch moves between the centres or 10 and 12, along with dummy runs and loops.

Latest posts