• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Sorry for the question but its been a long day Whats ball-trace and slow-mo mode?

They were two of the unlockable extras for Rugby '08. After being able to edit the squads of the representative teams as an unlockable on '06 it was a bit of a let-down to have those pathetic and useless freebies. Was just suggesting that it'd be much more useful having user-chosen star players as an unlockable bonus feature. :)

I wouldn't have wanted to remember them either, lol.

They were two of the unlockable extras for Rugby '08. After being able to edit the squads of the representative teams as an unlockable on '06 it was a bit of a let-down to have those pathetic and useless freebies. Was just suggesting that it'd be much more useful having user-chosen star players as an unlockable bonus feature. :)

how did you unlock those? is that to do with the challenges?

how did you unlock those? is that to do with the challenges?

Yes, those are the first two of 3 unlockable bonus playable features for Rugby '08. Sadly they aren't of a great deal of use. The third was "broken tackle mode", which was a bit more fun, but it was excessively dumb seeing heaps of tackles get broken and made defence almost completely impossible.

Oh god thats right. Why did you go and bring that back up haha the bad memories are flowing back! that was a let down and a half

Yes, those are the first two of 3 unlockable bonus playable features for Rugby '08. Sadly they aren't of a great deal of use. The third was "broken tackle mode", which was a bit more fun, but it was excessively dumb seeing heaps of tackles get broken and made defence almost completely impossible.

considering how hard it was to defend in 08 i imagine that would be horrid.

I never bothered with the challenges cause they were just too stupid.

Was just suggesting that it'd be much more useful having user-chosen star players as an unlockable bonus feature. :)

I agree with the unlock-able star players but I do think it would be nice to have some 'fun' features such as 'break every tackle' or 'low gravity mode' as well.

In my opinion it would be nice and a lot more realistic if, occasionally, if a goal could be questionable, the referee asks for help to Video Referee.

Above all, we must improve the replays in general ......

Sorry if my English is not perfect ... :D

Above all, we must improve the replays in general ......

Having a TMO and improving the quality of replays would add so much to the game. Checking the grounding of a Try or touch judges identifying Foul Play such pushing or fighting as would make it more fun.
Personally I would like the feature to Save a Try or maybe a Match that could be replayed in the future.

MORE REALISTIC KICKING!
Why in 08 could Johny Wilkinson or Dan Carter kick 70 metres with perfect accuracy whilst Stephan Larkam or other players with (obviously not as good) reasonable kicking games barely kick at all? Make the difference between players that do kick in general play be accuracy, not ridiculus power.

bring in the TMO
player statistics like "tackles made" during the match
being able to intercept
being able to hold the ball up while over the try line

World Rankings

As a replacement of Rugby World Cup Challenge Mode I think it would be great if there were 'The World Rankings Challenge' where the player picks a Team from the main rugby teams in the World (New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, France, Ireland, Argentina, England, Wales, Scotland) :

The Aim would be to use the a rankings system similar to the IRB World Rankings to get the team of your choice to the Top of the Table (or if its New Zealand to stay at the top)

Play a Season with that Team and Win all ***les (Four Nations/Six Nations, Autumn Internationals (trophy), Rugby World Cup)

Some Classic Matches would be featured during the Season with various Objectives.

Once its completed in Easy, Medium or Hard then 3 Legends from that country will be Unlocked.

although everybody would love to see all of these dreams like: realistic inside passes and realistic referee's, and realistic player skills.... we should remember that it would only be a game, and it can only bring the experience of a game! I would love to see a rugby game so realistic that I would actually dive over the coach to tackle someone, but in all fairness to the game designers any new rugby game would be great! I just need an upgrade!!!!

there is a few ideas that must be considered, like updating rosters..... I would pay for it!!!
or make a rugby game, and then make expansions for it. for example SIMS??

please take away the impact players, in rugby 08, O Driscol was invincible!!!! he was something like Jonah Lomu in Jonah Lomu rugby....

I would also love to play a one player game, where I could create my player and play a career with him, controlling only him, like on FIFA!

but guys, do the best you can, please just give me a new rugby game, where the Bulls get the honor they deserve, and where Morne Steyn is a great player. Oh and please change the setting of playing players out of position. when a forward plays in the backline I could understand that he knockes the ball, but when a wing goes to fullback, he should be able to catch the ball, he would struggle to find his position thou, but make it possible to TRAIN any player in any position!!

Video ref for certain trys
Magners league as well as the usual
Realistic kicking( from hand and at goal)
Something like 'be a pro' on fifa
Realistic player attributes e.g Habana fastest, Paterson best goal kicker etc
Something like 'manager mode' like in fifa where u can stay with a club for 15 years and transfer players and improve as a manager and move to better clubs
RWC 2012 main part of game with very good cinematic clips of winning it

what i realy love when i play games like fifa is that you have like nike and adidas and puma shoes and nike t- shirts and adidas t- shirts those small details. i would love to see that back in rugby 2012 adidas + kooga t-shirts and so on. also a realy big thing for me is the competions should be in mangers super14 maybe even a mode to prepare yourself for the world cup 2012 so that you take ur squad in 2011 and go on some tours whit for example the all blacks.

(sorry for bad english i am from the netherlands so i dont speak english that ofter :()

The PS 3 is an amazing piece of a machine. Use it.

I would suggest other than a real experience of rugby, like injuries,stanima morale and form,in tournaments, to make more realistic to use a squad rather than just the best 15.
More tournaments, like the currie cup etc.
AND MOST IMPORTANT, A CAREER MODE, WHERE U CREATE 1 PLAYER, START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK YOUR WAY UP TO A WORLD CUP PLACE, THAT IS A MUST.

THANKS GUYS CAN`T WAIT.

Rugby 2012 suggestions:
*super 15,world cup,tri nations,lions tour,guiness premiership,heineken cup,french top 14,sevens world series maybe
*a manager mode where you can build on young players and buy and sell players for say 15 seasons like fifa
*free running experience and kicking and handing off like madden
*licenses for teams and tournaments
*editing of players and squads,and the option to create a tournament
*roster updates
*let the players experience the real game!

it would be pretty sick if they had like footage of the players(animated ofcourse)like when they run on) , show changing room at half time and before the game etc etc